TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just call me Dan

Quick Question

Guest Smues

Yes Budokai is coming out for Cube. I'm pretty sure it was the end of this year, maybe early next year.

Sweet, and if there is a Jap voices version, I will be sure to constantly play with that on and gasp at the sheer awesomeness. By the way Damaramu, please don't take our little misunderstanding (VERY little indeed) as anything, I can totally see where you are coming from, and I am ignorant to any knowledge you might have of DBZ. I'm just enamored by what I have seen, and that's all I know. It's not perfect, but it does the job for me. :D

Despite EGM's hype of it being the best DBZ game of all time, it isn't all that good... which, I guess, makes it the best DBZ game of all time.

Supposedly Legacy of Goku II (GBA) is actually good--as in "good game period" and not "good for a DBZ game."

Sweet, and if there is a Jap voices version, I will be sure to constantly play with that on and gasp at the sheer awesomeness. By the way Damaramu, please don't take our little misunderstanding (VERY little indeed) as anything, I can totally see where you are coming from, and I am ignorant to any knowledge you might have of DBZ. I'm just enamored by what I have seen, and that's all I know. It's not perfect, but it does the job for me. :D

Just buy the DVD's and watch it in Japanese...you will know what I mark over....

I think my big thing is that I hate having to read subtitles and not be able to understand the language. sure, I can see the emotion on thier faces, and I can hear it in the voice, but I have to sit there and read what they are saying, which is very annoying, imo, and take away from the experience. I just can't get into it/enjoy it. It's like my stepfather's thing with widescreen DVDs. He just can't watch them.

I haven't heard anything as far as spectacular reviews from game sites or friends, but it still looks pretty cool, and places online have it for pre-order at 29.99 already. I think it's probably worth the pickup.

Yes but you actually get the full story when you watch it subtitled. Not that psuedo story you get from watching FUNI's version.

Tell me why did Vegita go Super Saiya-Jin for the first time? The dub would have you believe because "he just didn't care anymore!" Well that's wrong! He was angry at not being able to surpass Goku.

Who is Tao Pai Pai? The dub would have you believe his name is General Tao a general in the Red Ribbon Army...don't think so. He was an assassin hired by them.

There's more...suffice to say if you are watching the dub you aren't really watching DBZ.

I agree, I'm very much pissed off that I have no idea how the entire story goes, and have only been subjected to bits and peices, so when the movies come into play i have no idea whats going on. Basically, i don't know where to start. I've had fiends give me tapes, and its just in the middle somewhere, and I have no idea whats going on.

Well you don't really have to watch the series to watch the movie. They're unconnected to the plot of the series.

The only ones that you can make a case that belonged are 1, 9, and 13. The rest don't fit at all.

Guest Smues

Oh god that line still gives me nightmares. "Is there a.. grape guys?" It shames me to have to own that on DVD just to have the Japanese audio track. At least "OO A SPORTS SODA. THEY TASTE GREAT, AND THEY'RE GOOD FOR ME TOO!" Isn't on dvd.