TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Playboy wants Wal-mart Workers to Pose

Guest Boo_Bradley

Playboy wants Wal-Mart women

No. 1 retailer surprised by magazine's Web site's 'search for sexiest women.'

September 15, 2003: 3:17 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - If you're a female cashier or a corporate officer at Wal-Mart, age 18 and over, and you're not afraid to shed your inhibitions in front of the camera, Playboy wants you.

Playboy.com announced Monday it is searching for the sexiest women at Wal-Mart Stores (WMT: Research, Estimates), the world's biggest retailer.

"Wal-Mart employees have a reputation for being cheerful and now Playboy.com is giving them a chance to smile for the camera," Playboy said in a press release. "Playboy.com wants Wal-Mart's sexiest assets to roll back their clothes and pose nude."

Playboy ran a similar-themed 'Women of Enron' last year and 'Women of Starbucks' photospreads in the magazine earlier this year. The Wal-Mart theme is the first for Playboy.com.

The offer took Wal-Mart by surprise.

"I'm not aware that Playboy put out something like this (referring to the press release)," said Tom Williams, spokesman for Wal-Mart. "But this is not a ballpark that Wal-Mart wants to play in."

He declined to say whether Wal-Mart would take any action against an employee who decided to take up Playboy's offer.

"We knew that this would be a very provocative thing for us to do," said John Thomas, editor of Playboy.com. "Wal-Mart has a conservative corporate image and we knew they wouldn't be thrilled. But we're hoping that the company will be pleased once they see how fun the pictures are and how empowered the women at Wal-Mart feel."

Recently Wal-Mart, in an effort to spread its wholesome image as a family store, said it would put covers on a few women's magazines that typically display racy pictures and story titles.

Bentonville, Ark.- based Wal-Mart also banned three men's magazines, including FHM, Maxim, and Stuff, earlier this year because it said it had received complaints from customers about their content.

In the past, Wal-Mart has refused to sell CDs that carry warning labels about explicit lyrics. Instead, the store sells sanitized versions of albums, with some songs omitted or covers redrawn to pass muster with the chain's buyers.

---

My vote's 4 the old lady who greets us!

Scariest. Playboy. Ever.

And Wal-mart...where we believe in family values and won't allow anything in our store that will hurt our youth...wait...whats that son...shotgun ammo? Oh thats on eilse 12 right next to the hunting knives. Don't worry, we don't need to see your ID for that get all the ammo you need...where was I...Oh yeah, because your family doesn't need to see things like Maxim magazine with its scantily clad women and saying bad things about women...whats that honey...oh yeah, Cosmo is right there by the counter. Right next to the romance novels and the new book "Men ain't Shit". This month is a article about "100 ways to better oral sex", Its a good read. BTW, did you pick up the sex and the city box set...good stuff....where was I....

Guest MikeSC
My vote's 4 the old lady who greets us!

That was actually the first image that passed through my mind.

Well, there goes my libido.

-=Mike

..."Hi, I'd Dot. Welcome to Wal-Mart. Ooops, I spilled baby oil all over my body..."

I didn't see the Starbucks one...how good was that?

meh ... nothing special. Some of the girls were cute, but cute if you saw them working randomly at a Starbucks. Not cute enough to be seen in Playboy. Other than the College Issues (Girls of the SEC, or PAC, or whatnot) they should avoid doing these types of issues. Even the Girls of the Real World/Road Rules was a letdown. Sorry, but seeing Beth the bitch from the LA season was pretty low on my list of things to do.

Guest stardust
"We knew that this would be a very provocative thing for us to do," said John Thomas, editor of Playboy.com. "Wal-Mart has a conservative corporate image and we knew they wouldn't be thrilled. But we're hoping that the company will be pleased once they see how fun the pictures are and how empowered the women at Wal-Mart feel."

I'm still laughing at this. Too, too funny.

Sorry, but seeing Beth the bitch from the LA season was pretty low on my list of things to do.

Was that season two with the spikey-haired guy? And if so, was Beth the brown-haired chick that was slightly chunky and complained about her credit card debt?...

Sorry, but seeing Beth the bitch from the LA season was pretty low on my list of things to do.

Was that season two with the spikey-haired guy? And if so, was Beth the brown-haired chick that was slightly chunky and complained about her credit card debt?...

I don't think so, KKK. The Beth that posed for Playboy(ugh...) was the one who cried rape when that comedian, David, was messing around with the chick that married Kenny Anderson.

Guest Boo_Bradley

There's a few hotties at my local Wal-mart

There's one girl who's a bit heavy set, but she's very top heavy so its all good...

There's also a 200 lb crooked eyed 40 something who works in Sporting Goods...

I think we may be talking about the same chick because the one I'm thinking of also did what you said -- is this her?...

18_back.jpg

KKK, that's the one. Wicked unattractive.

But it also featured Veronica from Semester At Sea. :::drools:::

I'd have agreed until I actually saw the pics ... she's one of those girls that looks better in clothes than without them. Like the fantasy is better than the reality.

Only 75 percent? It's much higher around where I live...

Testify! We're at about 85%

I've seen one Wal-Mart employee naked and she was a hottie, so there are a few.

Would the women who posed in Playboy really be worried about losing their jobs at WAL MART anyways?