TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

We are 3 weeks into the season....

My Top 5 in order...

Kansas City Chiefs

Denver Broncos

Indianapolis Colts

Tampa Bay Buccaneers(Only for the close game vs Carolina do they fall this far)

Miami Dolphins

Dolphins??? Better than the Vikings?

Explain.

Dolphins D is improving(Killed Bledsoe which is no easy task) and their offense can produce(Did well against the heralded Bills D). Chris Chambers has improved a ton and Randy McMichael is more then comparable to Kelly Campbell. Ricky Williams is better then the Vikes' Running Game and the Dolphins D IMO is better then the Vikes.

Dolphins D is improving(Killed Bledsoe which is no easy task) and their offense can produce(Did well against the heralded Bills D). Chris Chambers has improved a ton and Randy McMichael is more then comparable to Kelly Campbell. Ricky Williams is better then the Vikes' Running Game and the Dolphins D IMO is better then the Vikes.

Plus, the Vikings have played and beaten...who?? The Bears? The Lions?

And before you say "They beat Green Bay at Lambeau!!" stop and remember that the Pack is NOT very good anymore. Witness their losing to the freakin' Cardinals! Minnesota will probably end up in the playoffs, but they aren't a serious contender.

The Dolphins, on the other hand, might end up in the Super Bowl if they can avoid their December swoon. Saying the Vikes are better because they're 3-0 while the Dolphins are 2-1 is a logical fallacy.

Wasn't really going by record...the Dolphins' loss came to the freaking TEXANS at HOME. One of their wins came against the Jets, who likewise aren't going anywhere. And they aren't going anywhere with Jay Fiedler at QB.

Minnesota has looked fairly convincing in their wins, even though they came against bad teams. I would put them at least slightly ahead of the Dolphins.

Guest El Satanico

Currently I'd say Kansas City is the best overall team, but I have a feeling they are in store for some surprise struggles and/or losses mid season.

Currently I'd say Kansas City is the best overall team, but I have a feeling they are in store for some surprise struggles and/or losses mid season.

I think the Chiefs could be in for their surprise this week vs the Ravens in Baltimore.

They actually moved the game up to 4:00 to make it the big game at 4.

Id put the Ravens in the top 10, maybe at 10. I've got good feelings about this year though because Kyle Boller is reminding me of Trent Dilfer, Jamal Lewis leads the NFL in rush yards, and the Defense is coming together again - almost like 2000.

Top 5

Chiefs

Seahawks

Colts

Broncos

Bucs

Wasn't really going by record...the Dolphins' loss came to the freaking TEXANS at HOME.

You don't really think the Dolphins were up for that game, do you? If you watched it, they were sleepwalking through the whole thing. Yet they still almost won. For whatever reason, they wrote it off as a sure "W" and didn't take it seriously.

Compare that Houston game with the next two weeks, the Buffalo game in particular. The Dolphins played their asses off on Sunday night and it showed. THAT is the true power of the Dolphins.

All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if the Dolphins end up with more success this year. I'm by no means a fanboy of theirs or anything (Go Cowboys!), but they're a damn good football team and definitely better than the Vikings.

AFC: Broncos

NFC: Seahawks

But (and there's always a but) it's only 3 weeks in. As everyone (on networks owned by The Mouse) keeps saying, remember the Titans.

Guest Eagan469
THAT is the true power of the Dolphins.

No, the true power of the Dolphins lies in fucking up every year come playoff time.

1. Kansas City - No doubt whatsoever

2. Denver - Looked awesome shutting down Oakland

3. Indianapolis - Destroyed Tenessee

4. Seattle - Have looked great

5. Tampa Bay - A close loss and 2 DOMINANT wins

BTW hos is Minnesota that good when they BARELY beat the Bears and Lions.

so true, dolphins always look awesome at the beginning then choke in the playoffs, its the same thing every year no matter what

AFC - Broncos and Chiefs...Can't wait to see them 2 play

NFC : Bucs and Seahawks

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Redskins baby! They only lost by 3....in overtime!

Bills in the AFC! They got screwed Sunday night!

Kansas City & Tampa are far and away the best teams in the NFL. Tampa is probably the better of the two. The Carolina loss was a fluke. How often can you expect to get 3 kicks blocked?

Kahran has it right, folks. One loss to the Panthers does not mean that Tampa is somehow worse that Denver or Seattle. If they met on a neutral field right now, I have no doubt that the Bucs would demolish Denver/Seattle.

KC would be a much closer game though.

Guest El Satanico

The Oakland game isn't enough for me to declare Denver one of the top teams. Oakland was looking bad prior to the season and ever since Porter got hurt their offense has been shit.

Fast experienced linebackers vs. a slow and old offense will usually lead to the linebackers winning. Until Denver can shut down a good offense, they haven't proven shit.

Guest TDinDC1112

How so?

There is no bigger Buffalo Bills fan than myself, but in no way were they screwed on Sunday night. The Dolphins played better, period. It is reassuring to me though that with 2 minutes left in the game, playing on the road, we only had 80 or so yards of offense, and were only down by 3 points. I don't think anyone can say anything definitive about the Dolphins until the season is done. They do this EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

How so?

There is no bigger Buffalo Bills fan than myself, but in no way were they screwed on Sunday night. The Dolphins played better, period. It is reassuring to me though that with 2 minutes left in the game, playing on the road, we only had 80 or so yards of offense, and were only down by 3 points. I don't think anyone can say anything definitive about the Dolphins until the season is done. They do this EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

Thank you for stating that. I was completely stumped as to how this guy could claim that the Bills got screwed when it was very obvious that they just got their asses kicked.