TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

California recall debate

I, personally, see no reason for there to be any type of research based on race. This is something I just DO NOT get, where for some reason the nation as a whole wants more equality, but then shit like "Well, we need to give more money to minority charities" seems like a good idea to some. I mean, isnt the point of "equality" to be that we treat people of different races the same as we would treat people of our own race? Hell, isnt the point that we dont even make that distinction? That everyone are just regarded as, you know, Human Beings? Wasnt that the point of the Civil Rights Movement?

I mean, that's just my take on the matter.

Listen, if research based on race was not done, how would you know of inequalities existing? Would you just kind of pull it out of the air? Have you even been reading this conversation, no one is calling for "extra funding" just equal funding. the FACT is, inner city schools are underfunded, do you want to find out why or just participate in covering up any research into why it is happening in CALIFORNIA....

"vast racist conspiracy" "hypothetical conspiracy of racist legislators"

Funny, I don't remember ever saying any of that, hmmmmm.

Do the following excerpts from various posts ring a bell? Here's a hint: you typed them.

if there is a pattern that is developing showing that prodominetly minority schools recieving less funding over rural schools that are mostly caucasian, the whole process of knowing this would be taken away.  It is basically a measure to eliminate knowledge of the problem.

This is a backdoor policy to eliminate the backwards and nearly racist procedures of how funding is decided on being delivered to certain schools over others......

If race has something to do with the crooked system of school funding distribution, then shouldn't that in fact be made known to the public? That fact of the matter is schools in inner cities, are being severely underfunded and so far there has been no explanation as to why. If you just want to pretend it has nothing to do with race then fine.
STILL TODAY, some schools are deemed unworthy of proper funding. A lot of them by "coinicidence" happen to be located in the inner city and filled with minorities... are you honestly trying to suggest that there is no longer racist practices going on at the grade school level as far as funding goes?
patterns of racism and injustice will be available for everyone to see... It is all very indicative of the evil nature of some people.
you are trying to... ban research that will cause the racism currently going on to continue... if you want to... pretend that certain schools aren't being underfunded because of race and/or location, then ok that is your opinion, however I disagree

Marney, well then if what I said in those statements is true, I guess it WOULD be considered a conspiracy if more than one persons are conspiring for the prop to go through.

Well Done, it is a racist conspiracy~!

Marney, well then if what I said in those statements is true, I guess it WOULD be considered a conspiracy if more than one persons are conspiring for the prop to go through.

Well Done, it is a racist conspiracy~!

That is all I needed to see you say.

I, personally, see no reason for there to be any type of research based on race.  This is something I just DO NOT get, where for some reason the nation as a whole wants more equality, but then shit like "Well, we need to give more money to minority charities" seems like a good idea to some.  I mean, isnt the point of "equality" to be that we treat people of different races the same as we would treat people of our own race?  Hell, isnt the point that we dont even make that distinction?  That everyone are just regarded as, you know, Human Beings?  Wasnt that the point of the Civil Rights Movement?

I mean, that's just my take on the matter.

Listen, if research based on race was not done, how would you know of inequalities existing? Would you just kind of pull it out of the air? Have you even been reading this conversation, no one is calling for "extra funding" just equal funding. the FACT is, inner city schools are underfunded, do you want to find out why or just participate in covering up any research into why it is happening in CALIFORNIA....

Prop 54 bans governmental research based on race. Not private research. And that, JotW, is why I'm in favor of it. Private companies can fund divisive research all they want. But it's not the government's job to differentiate based on race.

Do you really think I have the same resources as the government to conduct such research? We aren't talking about just driving around to a few schools in your area here. I am sure many private companies could have their own hidden agenda when they take the research though, not to say the government never necessarily would either.

I was talking to my dad who's pretty conservative but also a doctor and he explained that Prop 54 is a bad idea because it's never smart to prevent research. He gave the examples of genetic diseases that are more prevalent in different races, and if this law came into effect it would be a detriment to medical study and helping cater to people's needs.

I was talking to my dad who's pretty conservative but also a doctor and he explained that Prop 54 is a bad idea because it's never smart to prevent research. He gave the examples of genetic diseases that are more prevalent in different races, and if this law came into effect it would be a detriment to medical study and helping cater to people's needs.

Ah, but there are many superb, private hospitals in California with lots of funds to use.

Ah, but there are many superb, private hospitals in California with lots of funds to use.

huh?