TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Rocky belittles wrestling on Letterman

He's pretty much said he's done with it. He acted above it, mocked Goldberg, and said he was moving above and beyond it. And I loved every second of it. McMahon better find a new golden boy, this blue chipper ain't never coming back.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

He also does a great Superfly Snuka impression. But, yeah, he just confirmed he's not interested in coming back. I wouldn't either.

Good for him.

But how long do you think it will take for some wrestler to diss the Rock in a promo? They ALWAYS send someone out to badmouth a former wrestler who doesn't kiss Vince's ass up and down. The funny thing is, where in the past, that might have gotten some sort of an "Ooooh, I can't believe he said that" reaction, trying to do that to the Rock would blow up in their faces horribly.

Guest RollingSambos

I don't care if Rock doesn't want to come back, but he should stop being so fake on WWE TV and telling the fans that he wishes that he could be there electrifying and flashing the peace sign.

yeah, what iis up with that? I don't know the guy personally, but he seems really two faced, and starting to really get into himself. I am near positive I may hae the same problems if ever faced with that situation, but it's not fair to those of us who have supported his wrestling career and his rise to stardom. you can't shit on where you came from. you don't have to come back, but don't try to keep the place warm if you fall but continue to step all over it as you climb.

Well he's thankful for all of the support he's had, but why should he build it up to people who already thinks its a joke....he's leaving for a reason.

I don't like the direction either, in my eyes he IS too good for the current state of the business. but he doesn't get brownie points for shitting on the WWE. All it does is kick the company when it's down.

EDIT: Anyone got a transcript? I'm basically going on the assumption that he did somewhat shoot on the WWE and belittle it, I don't have any exacts on what he said because I caught the tail end of the interview.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

He didn't say anything bad about the WWE. Dave asked about his last match and Rock said he lost it to a guy named Goldberg and Dave kept asking him if he was going to go back and avenge that loss. Rock said it didn't really matter and he felt it was time to move ahead. He also called Goldberg a little Jewish guy.

Just wait until his movie career flops and then he'll be just like every other wrestler who left and had to come crawling back to Vince..

I think he has enough money to not do that. Just a hunch.

And Im pretty sure that Hogan had plenty of money as well and you see where he ended up.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

His movie career isn't going to flop. The only question is just how big is it going to be?

Rock's come and gone, there's nothing left for him to do although everyone appreciates him being there. He might as well move on.

Wrestling is a joke here in the US, it's a good move for him to shit on it and never touch it again. His movie career started with "OMG A PRO WRESTLER DOING ACTING HAHAHA" stuff but he's joining the halls of Bruce Willis and Arnold and so on. He doesn't need to tour around and try to impress a bunch of yokels and smarks (and smarkish yokels.)

Just wait until his movie career flops and then he'll be just like every other wrestler who left and had to come crawling back to Vince..

Thats downright ridiculous.

Hulk Hogan acted as Hulk Hogan, his wrestling identity. The Rock is Dwayne Johnson, he's himself. He's far more articulate than Hogan, and as Letterman said, much smarter than the average stereotypical wrestler. Trust me, he's made it. No one ever had dellusions that Hogan was a big movie star.

Well, if he's done he had a good run. Or maybe he's keeping a feud warm for a guest spot at Survivor Series?

Unlikely but possible.

Plus hasn't he said in radio interviews he WAS coming back?

Either way. Vince is his producer so he'll still be making money off of him even if he doesn't come back to WWE.

Don't worry, in the next year he'll be billed as Dwayne Johnson. Thats the only thing thats lame about him now, he's called "The Rock".

He is billed as the Rock, but he doesn't play his "Rock" character. He's comfortable enough with himself to shed that role, and be himself. Hogan never did that. The guy has himself airbrushed on his fucking care that says Hulkamania on it.

The Rock is Dwayne Johnson, he's himself.

Yet he's billed as "The Rock" in every movie he's been in...

I believe he meant the way that Rocky carries himself. He's not a caricature of his own gimmick like Hogan was or is, so he'll able to break the stigma of "Professional Wrestler/Actor" and become an actual "player" in the movie industry.

Guest Ray
there's nothing left for him to do

No....there's one more thing for him to do before he leaves for good...

One big ass mega J-O-B to a young wrestler at WMXX.

So you are suggesting Randy Orton then?

As that's who'll get Rock's J-O-B.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Just so Triple-H can squash him at the next PPV?

Sure, Rock'll come back for that. :lol:

Guest Ray

So you are suggesting Randy Orton then?

As that's who'll get Rock's J-O-B.

:throwup:

Hopefully they'll find someone who could actually benefit from it.

Uh, hello. News flash.

Randy Orton's running a "Legend Killer" gimmick.

Hence Randy's in need of slaying a legend. What better one at WMXX than the Rock?

Edit: Besides Hogan at WMXX.

Like to that personally deprived hack, Chris Benoit?

Like to that personally deprived hack, Chris Benoit?

*cough* Young... My friend. Young.

And green. Benoit ain't green.

Guest Ray

Uh, hello. News flash.

Randy Orton's running a "Legend Killer" gimmick.

Hence Randy's in need of slaying a legend. What better one at WMXX than the Rock?

Edit: Besides Hogan at WMXX.

Will Orton ever be a good main event talent?

I highly doubt it.

If they only have one job to spare, don't waste it on a guy who'll never be better than a mid-carder.

Who's the next Lesnar? Job Rock out to him.