TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

From The Inside 9/26

By Jeremy Borash

FROM THE INSIDE with Jeremy Borash

Greetings once again and hello from Nashville...

I've been under the weather for a while now, and can't seem to shake this endless end-of-summer cold. I'm going to try and get some rest this weekend but that hasn't seemed to work either. Maybe I should try immersing myself in Nyquil instead of just simply consuming it.

Some big news on the business side of TNA, as you can expect the announcement of a video game deal soon from TNA, as well as our launching of TNA in high-def TV and our PPV pre-show this week.

As far as the PPV pre-show that starts this Wednesday, it should be noted that not every market will be carrying it from the onset. With time, we expect full marketplace clearance, but it will be a gradual process to get everyone on board. The premiere broadcast will be seen in at least half of the iN Demand households nationwide. This is the equivalent of TNA getting a free national TV time slot for to promote our PPV broadcasts. Please take the time to check it out. The show begins at 7:30 pm EST on the same channel our PPV airs on. Check your local listings for the exact channel in your market.

On this week’s PPV countdown show, you will see AMW and Abyss in action, as well as the history building up this week’s matches and exclusive PPV footage. It is a packed show to get you ready to go live on PPV.

October will be the biggest month for television clearance in TNA history, as Xplosion has gained some very large markets that launch in the month of October. Let’s run them down…

Starting October 1st you can see a new TNA feature each month for free on all Comcast Video On Demand cable systems across the country. This is an exclusive video feature with tons of X-Division footage, a bikini shoot with Trinity, an unbelievable highlight reel of AJ Styles, a feature on Jeff Jarrett, and much more. You can see this show if you have Comcast Digital Cable with VOD.

This free TNA Video On-Demand programming will be available on Comcast systems in these markets…

Baltimore, MD

Richmond, VA

Boston, MA

Harrisburg, PA

All of New Jersey

Philadelphia

Detroit

Indianapolis

Atlanta

Charleston, WV

Huntsville, AL

Mobile, AL

Savannah, GA

And coming soon to

Hartford/New Haven, CT

Albuquerque, NM

Denver, CO

Portland, OR

Seattle, WA

Jacksonville, FL

Knoxville, TN

Nashville, TN

Los Angeles, CA

Sacramento, CA

In even bigger news, TNA Xplosion has now gained clearance in October on the popular DirecTV Sports Package. So the many of you who have been e-mailing us on that will finally have your wishes come true. Expect a formal announcement this next week.

Expect an announcement about 100% total cable TV clearance in New York City and Long Island of TNA Xplosion, as well as Upstate NY and Northern PA starting October 4th.

These things are happening so fast, keep checking back to NWATNA.com for the latest info on where you can see TNA in your area.

We’ve received some early feedback from those of you with iN Demand’s new HD channel, raving about how cool it is to see wrestling in HD. TNA is the first and only wrestling company to offer our show in high-def. The picture and clarity are unreal. It is like looking through a window. If you have the capability, you have to check it out. You can see TNA Xplosion every Tuesday night in high-def only on iN HD.

This Wednesday night will see the team of AJ Styles and Vince Russo against the American Dream Dusty Rhodes and Jeff Jarrett. This one should be fun.

Also announced on the PPV will be Kid Kash & Abyss vs. AMW (look for that one to steal the show), as well as the PPV debut of Ekmo Fatu, as he teams with Sonny Siaki to take on Shark Boy and Mad Mikey. Jerry Lynn will attempt to make it three times as the X-Division champion as he challenges Michael Shane.

Rick Santel from the black shirt security team separated his shoulder during their match, and is expected to be out for a while.

The Sandman will be returning this Wednesday night to TNA.

TNA officials sat next to Donna Summer on a flight back from NY on Friday. Apparently the soul diva has gone from "hot stuff" to "hot fudge," as she has not aged gracefully in the waistline.

While editing TNA Xplosion for this weekend, a guy walked into the studio during the Trinity spanking segment and made the comment that one "could bounce a quarter off that ass." While I agree in terms of paying a well-deserved compliment to Trinity, I question the actual statement itself. While I realize the derivative of "bouncing a quarter" comes from a popular drinking game, truth be told, if you threw it hard enough you can bounce a quarter off anyone's ass. Just an observation.

TNA’s success draws a lot on word of mouth advertising. Fans all over the country have been doing their civil duty to spread the word on our program. Grassroots marketing, baby. You too can do your part to spread the word. Show us your TNA! If you do… let me know about it and we’ll try and get it up in our column… this week’s winner is Sean Broski from Cleveland, Ohio who sent us a picture of his NWA TNA he entered in a big smash up derby contest. Sure, it is not NASCAR… but we got a kick out of it in the office…

On a final note....congratulations to Christopher Daniels on the birth of his daughter this morning!

Jeremy Borash

Guest BrokenWings

Well.. looking like a very shitty card this week as well, other than Lynn/Shane.

Tag match, Jamal, Sandman? No thanks.

However, Kash/Abyss -v- AMW and said X match should be good.

And Boston. Wait...I'm from Franklin, which is closer to Providence...

DAMN YOU, COMCAST!

You're from Franklin? My brother lives in Franklin, small world.

And TNA will be on in Long Island on Oct 4th? I hope it isn't digtial cable, because we don't have it at school.

In the NYC area, Explosion will be on the Metro Channel (Ch. 60 for Cablevision or 70 for Time Warner) Saturdays @ 5pm. Pretty good timeslot if you ask me (better than the WWE syndicated shows and what ECW used to do).