TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Damn, the Giants catcher totally f'ked up on that one, he looked like he forgot the ball was active after Pudge-Rod scored and pretty much left the door wide open for Lee

That was a beautiful ending with Pudge-Rod stabbing the final blow at the plate

So now the winners of Game 1 of the NLDS are 14-3 in winning the series, and the Giants were two of those losses (the other time being in 2000 against the Mets)

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I may....knowing this year really is most likely, the end of the run.

I may....knowing this year really is most likely, the end of the run.

That's what they said at the end of last season also.

I'm just getting tired of winning all year, and then fucking blowing it all to hell when it truly matters.

I won't cry if they lose but I will be extremely upset- Especially since I know they can beat the Marlins

They SHOULD be able to beat the Cubs for God's sake.

You know it Bob? Oh do you now? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Marlins beat the Braves 10-9 in this years season series? And don't you think that Giants fans thought the same thing.

That was an amazing ending to an amazing game and watching all the replays and all the angles made it even better. JT Snow buries his head in the dirt because he knows he lost. Urbina just jumps on Pudge as soon as he knows he's got the ball. And kudos to the ESPN camera man that ran out behind the Marlins as they went to the pile, just a great visual.

And back to what the ladies man Bob Barron said, I'd rather the Braves win too because I'd much rather have the Marlins play the Braves than the Cubs dangerous, nasty staff.

Shocked the world? Maybe. Shocked me? No way.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't think it's that big of a shock that the Marlins won.

While the Giants did win 100 games they were a highly overrated team.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Last year it was Maddux and Glavine, and I don't base my opinions around Fox, I know truthfully this is probably it.

I think the Braves could beat the Marlins, who ever wins the season series is meaningless.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I like how Fox announcers know nothing. They talk about how Russ Ortiz is wild, but yet they fail to mention how Russ is anything but a control pitcher. Learn your shite before you talk.

You know it Bob? Oh do you now? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Marlins beat the Braves 10-9 in this years season series? And don't you think that Giants fans thought the same thing.

Yes I do- cause the Braves are the better team.

And about season series- The Giants were 5-1 v. the Fish this season.

I'd rather the Braves win

We agree!

I'd much rather have the Marlins play the Braves than the Cubs dangerous, nasty staff.

I think either team can take the Fish.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

"Good pitching always beats good hitting," unless you played on the 91,92,93,96,97,98,99,00,01, and 02 Braves.

I think everyone is underrating the Marlins. At least Bobby Valentine knows his stuff, because he had the balls to say on air that position by position the Marlins are better than the Giants. Hey, good, I love it when the teams I cheer for are underdogs.

I'm torn because if the Marlins don't win the series I want the Cubs to erase their past, but I so want the Marlins to beat the Braves in the NLCS again.

Guest Bobby Cox is God
At least Bobby Valentine knows his stuff

I was feeling you until you said that.

Haha, I think Valentine is a moron but he actually had the balls to come out and make a TRUE statement that the Marlins were better position by position than the Giants.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Oh alright, I'd agree with that on every position except Bonds. And maybe Aurilla.

Interesting stat from Fox announcers...

Marlins have the best record in all of baseball since Mid May. Word up.