TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I dunno who to cheer for, but the Giants scare me more than the Marlins, so go Marlins.

I dunno who to cheer for, but the Giants scare me more than the Marlins, so go Marlins.

Scare you? As in threat to your Braves' dynasty?

Hmmm....I'd be more worried about getting past the Cubs at this point. You have to beat either Wood or Prior...and maybe both of them. No easy task.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Maddux is going tonight, he owns the Cubs.....I think we'll get passed the Cubs. I know all this business about Prior, but I think the old man will prevail.

It's when you count out a team long before they're actually out that they'll surprise you. Most people were saying that regardless of the soft schedule down the stretch for the Cubs, the Astros would make the playoffs and what happened? I'm not saying the Cubs will get past the Braves because to say such things is really a crapshoot, but if they do go down, they certainly aren't going down looking like chumps.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I'm not coutning them out, I dont think they will win that's all. If they win, would it surprise me? No, but I don't think they will.

Conine robs a home run to save the game! That ball went out say goodbye to the game and to the series, but he pulled it down from over the top of the wall.

Tied at 2 in the 7th. This is shaping up to be a really good game. Like I said in the preview, if the Marlins lose, I don't think they can win the series, because they'd have to beat Jason Schmidt in Pac Bell to win it.

What is Berman's obsession with Jeff Conine. He's not a horrible player, and that was a great catch, but listen to Berman and you'd think Conine is the greatest player ever.

What is Berman's obsession with Jeff Conine. He's not a horrible player, and that was a great catch, but listen to Berman and you'd think Conine is the greatest player ever.

As long as he gets Bonds's knob out of his mouth for a little while, I don't care.

That was a crazy play by Worrell and with Pudge down 0-2, I thought it was over. What a pickup Pudge has turned out to be. I think this is the first time I've heard him talk too, cause I was sorta surprised he sounds so, well, ethnic, I guess. And yes, I'm aware that he's hispanic, but still. And to think it all started because of Cruz's lazy attempt to catch the flyball.

Now if that Cubs game would start already.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Woo

Nothing better than see Bonds pout as he heads back to the dugout.

I'm so happy right now that I think I can cry. Tomorrow I will roll out of bed...promptly at 12:30 and watch d-train take the hill in front of 60,000 to try and put away the giants.

life, my friends, is good.

As one living in Central time, here's hoping the frickin' A's and the Giants both go out so as to not make me stay up later than I need to.

Oh boo fucking hoo. It was one game and 9 times out 10 us on the west coast get the shaft to accomodate east coast primetime. Don't worry all LCS and World Series games will be 8pm EST/7pm CST starts.