TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

This game is so up and down.

Damn Lenny Harris just got thrown out at home for a double play! C'mon all we need is just this one game to bring a split back home.

Already sold over 50,000 seats for Fridays' game!

Already sold over 50,000 seats for Fridays' game!

Bunch of bandwagoners.... :D

Seriously, that's great. I remember how rocking Pro Player was during the '97 World Series. Between that place and Wrigley, Friday is gonna be one rockin' day for baseball!

Well that was certainly a crazy play in the Cubbies game. I think it was HR personally.

Go Marlins baby! Got the split in SF after coming back from 4-1 and 5-4. I'm pumped about this series now. Florida is gonna be NUTS! with 55,000+ in Pro Player.

Prolly would've been better off if it had been a homer, cuz at least it would've gotten home one more than they ended up getting. Good way to work up his pitch count in the first inning, but to go up there with the bases loaded, nobody out, and proceed to strike out in the next three at-bats, well that's just poor baseball. They got lucky on that play at the plate, too. Hopefully, they can keep at Hampton early on and get into their pen early on, as well.

Know who Fox didn't show enough of ? Kerry Wood's wife.

Who cares? If she had been some ugly broad, then yeah, maybe I'd care, but as it was, I had no problem looking at her.

She has nothing to do with the game. Constantly showing the pitchers wife makes Fox look even more 2nd rate with their coverage.

It's not even so much that Hampton's pitching that great. The Cub hitters are just really helping him out by swinging at bad pitches. That pitch count's gotta be getting up there (not that hight, but still) for Hampton, already. If the Cubs can put together some more threats, they'll drive him out of the game early.

Guest Smues

I know my Braves will strand the bases loaded, but damn that was some good work getting the lead, and that ball off of Zambrano sure took off into foul territory quick. Go ball, help the Braves.

Guest Smues

Oh yay a lead off walk, this is going to be painful watching the Braves blow this.

I ask this...is it really that hard to play small ball? That's how the Braves got back into the game and eventually took the lead. They've got 11 hits, not one has been for extra bases. Maybe if the Cubs could play some small ball they'd still be winning. Easier said than done, but it's still frustrating to sit by and watch, especially when you consider how the game started off.

Wow, Karros just redeemed himself somewhat by hanging in there and eventually getting the hit. Finally, they play small ball and it pays off. Simon shoulda prolly hung up there at first, but at least it's a new game, with Smoltz already used.

Guest BobbyWhioux

And Timmy gets 3 quick outs on 7 pitches. Exactly what the A's needed coming off a big inning offensively.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

Whoooo.

That's all I can say. Dero is currently the hero of the Braves.

3-1 A's and Hudson appears to be on.

Guest Choken One

Any reason for the long hair in Boston?

I think I counted 5 starters with long hair...Damon's being the most outstanding...Walker's is nuts as well...