TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Would a trade be good

Seriously, if Angle has nothing to do and neither does Benoit, why can't that match be used a sell point for NM?

Because we've seen it so many times that people don't care about that match any more. They have fought nine times on PPV since 2002. Seven of those were one on one, and all but one went at least 15 minutes. That matchup is more played than Austin/Rock.

with the whole Eddie / US title situation, maybe he needs to do the Austin thing and just resign as champ, saying he has bigger fish to fry

Personally, I would just have him to a quick job to Chris Benoit at a house show. That way you avoid jobbing him on TV, and you could advertise that anything can happen at live events.

An Angle/Cena feud can be great, and it can be easy to do as well. I've talked about this feud many times since the beginning of the summer. It can work on a lot of levels, and does have potential of being the next Bret/Austin feud (not so much in terms of the matches, but storyline wise, yes).

Yes, we need no more Benoit/Angle.

Now that's not true. 15 minute Angle/Benoit TV match every once in a while is a great thing. I wouldn't bitch.

Guest Anglesault
Yeah Angle will be fine in midcard. He's been dipping in and out of it, and it hasn't hurt him much. I agree with you Chick.

Yes it certainly has. Why do you think he is and always has been a second tier ME?

Beause he can't stay in the mains for more than three, four months at a shot.

This never happened to Austin

Yeah Angle will be fine in midcard. He's been dipping in and out of it, and it hasn't hurt him much. I agree with you Chick.

Yes it certainly has. Why do you think he is and always has been a second tier ME?

This never happened to Austin or Rocky.

What about those long periods of time that the Rock was in the tag team ranks while others were in the main event slot?

Guest Anglesault

What about those long periods of time that the Rock was in the tag team ranks while others were in the main event slot?

By my admittedly horrible calculations, He was still in the ME more than Angle. "Long periods of time" evens itself out to be about a month or two of straight up tagging in the R and S connection in 1999. And an inexplicable summer long Billy Gunn feud.

He was in the ME all of 2000, winning the title twice, his entire 2001 stint, entire 2002 stint and his three months in 2003

Guest Ray

You should remember than Austin and Rock were a BILLION times bigger than Angle ever was or is...

Guest Anglesault

You should remember than Austin and Rock were a BILLION times bigger than Angle ever was or is...

Could that have something to do with an sustained push?

If Austin was demoted every two months, would he have gotten as big?

Guest Ray

Could that have something to do with an sustained push?

If Austin was demoted every two months, would he have gotten as big?

Why would Austin be demoted? Maybe, there's a reason why Angle isn't constantly in the main event. Maybe, he isn't good enough to be there. Austin was, and would be no matter what.

Are you saying Angle could be as big as Austin, if he were pushed more?

If so, that sound you hear is me dying of laughter... ;)