TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Mark Henry

Why are they still using this guy? I know they keep using this "World's Strongest Man" bit. But he's never won an important match in his life. And unless he's romancing old women or Chyna the fans will never notice him.

I know they have a lot of money invested in him (seemed like a good idea at the time, right Vince?). But he's never going to get over with a crowd as a heel or face and he's just sucking up tv time. And I don't think Henry vs Goldberg will do anything for business.

I think he's the most useless guy in the WWE. And if not that he's at least the most overpaid.

To me, he's the most useless Pro. Wrestler of all time. I hate the guy, I want him gone forever, I never want to see him again.

I've never disliked a Pro. Wrestler, the way that I hate Mark Henry.

If he MUST stay with the company, then he should be nothing more than a manager or something of the sort. He shouldn't ever wrestle a match, or be in a feud with anyone.

Thank God I'll get to see Goldberg totally destroy the guy. You know it's got to happen, and I knew it BEFORE tonight. Goldberg needs a big guy to toss around and to Jackhammer, and Henry is the guy for now.

I just wish that after this, I never had to see him ever again. He's the only guy that's EVER made me want to totally not care.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Oh you fool! Haven't you seen? He can bend frying pans! FRYING PANS DAMN YOU! Fuck Ric Flair, I never saw him bend frying pans.

But yes, in all seriousness, Mark Henry maybe the most useless guy in the business period. Although I do enjoy that HBK put him over more than he ever did Jericho. Good times.

They dug the grave and now we have to deal with it.

I will give Mark credit for one thing, the guy is willing to do any angle known to man without question.

Granted, he has the wrestling talent of a blind man with two wooden legs and one lung but at least he's willing to try.

He's not a bad person for Goldberg to squash, I suppose.

Yeah, but it's just a tad laughable that they're building him as a threat when he's never beaten anybody important.

He beat the Rock before.

Just so that Goldberg can Jackhammer him. That's pretty much it.

Giant (Big Show) weighs more than Mark Henry as well, so if he can jackhammer him, he can jackhammer Mark Henry.

I can't wait til Test tries his luck at the $100,000.

I'm more excited about the chance of Ahmed Johnson returning for the money....cause he actually needs it.

That'd be sweet.

Have a bunch of old washed up has-beens and never-weres, show up for a one time deal and try their luck at the $100,000.

Picture....

Ahmed jumping Goldberg backstage with a 2X8 screaming "You're Goin' Down!"

:P

Guest Salacious Crumb

They have to justify the obscene amount of money they've been paying him for the last 7 yrs. some how.

Guest Choken One

At least they are doing what works with Goldberg...Stick big monsters with him and have Gberg dominate them...

Guest Dynamite Kido

I can't help to find it somewhat humorous that Mark Henry (Mr. Huge contract) is trying so hard for the $100,000. Smark joke I guess......

Guest Jack Potts

I readily concede that the Mark Henry vs. Goldberg match will be faarrr from a five-star classic, but Choken One is right. Mark Henry is a huge, powerful man. Not a good wrestler, but a huge, powerful man, nonetheless. Pitting him against Goldberg has an immediate, visceral appeal to the average "non-smart" fan. Although everyone on this board may know that Flair, Christian, or Jericho could carry Goldberg to a better match, the casual fan can easily grasp the selling point of this match, "Can Goldberg manhandle Mark Henry like he does everyone else?" It's the immovable object against the irresistible force.

Guest Coffey

Mark Henry should play the Mr. Hughes/Big Sal role. Just an outside hoss that can hurt ya.

I hate how Henry is winning matches with the "Thump." Junkyard Dog's old finisher. It wasn't good back then, and it still sucks today.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Mi-Zark's actually the smartest guy in the WWE. For the past seven years theyve been throwing crap at him, like Mae Young and the transvestite, and he just laughs and picks up a hyooooge paycheck every month. He even bought a house for next to nothing in Louisvill because he knows the WWE will dump him back in OVW before long

Well, at least they rebuilt Henry as being a monster heel / somewhat squasher now. To me, that's kind of a good thing.

This might sound insane but I don't really mind Mark Henry if he's a silly dumbass. As an actual vicious heel force he's horrible (as his past few weeks with Teddy have shown), but the guy is quite amusing at times. He's kinda like the Big Show in that respect, though Show is certainly a better wrestler.

Anyway this Henry mini push is nothing to get excited about. He'll go for the bounty, GB will squash him, case closed.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Mark Henry is equal to Big Show, Albert, Rosey, and the rest of those big useless lugs. And yes, the Big Show is useless.

Guest Coffey

I think that he's watchable now.

EDIT: I'm talking about the Big Show.

Edited by Mr. Jag0

Henry sucks, but they are just building up a high profile Goldberg-Henry squash match. A way of killing time untill starting Goldberg's next big feud. Which is looking like it'll be with Kane or Orton ( or knowing the WWE, Shane McMahon)