TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Fantasy NBA League?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Well by God, I actually managed to win, despite starting out like 1-15. Dreams do come true or something. Well no, they don't, but hooray for raiding the Atlanta Hawks team who has nothing to play for but their own personal statistical accomplishments.

Playoffs MVP: Bob Sura. He may look like a down syndrome version of a boy band reject but he came through in the clutch.

Cream soda on me guys.

I prefer grape soda myself.

Anyway, the reason for me bumping this.

If you haven't heard, Sandman is no longer posting here. I conferred with him at Rant's board about this league, and he said he'd he'd continue to be in the league if you didn't mind, but he understands if you only want people who actually post here. My personal feelings is that he should be allowed to stay unless he's been banned, which he hasn't.

Just wanted to let you guys know about this.

He's not banned, so I mind not. Just everyone show up for the draft, and I'll post on when it is and of such.

Still want to make sure we are clear on next season:

~ No roster changes (meaning still C, 2F, 2G, 1U and 3 benches).

~ DL has been lowered from 3 to 2.

~ Only added TO to the scoring system (although I'm still up in the air about the scoring system).

~ Keepers or picks have been dealt with. If you did not send in your keepers, you will be given picks for this coming years draft.

~ Since it was universally loved (weirdly enough), the draft is once again offline and subject to whenever Yahoo gets ready for the new season and whenever I find enough time to host it.

For the record Im keeping Dirk Nowitzki and Baron Davis.

I didnt PM flik about keepers, but just to be clear I had made my intentions clear on keeping Baron and Dirk back in March, 4 days after he asked who everyone was going to keep. I hope that is sufficient.

Ok, here's the list for who's got Keepers:

razazteca - Paul Pierce and Carlos Boozer (<-that bastard had to get hot after I traded him to you)

Sandman9000 - Jermaine O'Neal and Michael Finley

Will Scarlet - Tracy McGrady and Manu Ginobili

Mindless Aggression - Jason Kidd and Peja Stojakovic

the pinjockey - said he'd keep but I haven't heard back from him

Cartman - Ben Wallace and Stephon Marbury

alkeiper - Allen Iverson and Michael Redd

Lightning Flik - Vince Carter and Camillo Anthony

Marvinsalunatic - Dirk Nowitzki and Baron Davis

alfdogg - Ron Artest and Yao Ming

Now then, if there is anyone else who wants to keep, you must send me your keepers via PM by the end of the week, or you don't have keepers and only have picks for the starting two rounds (which might not be that bad). If you wish to not have keepers, PM to tell me so.

In either case, PM me for confirmation you are returning.

Draft Order 2004-05 Season (this is just for recall people, and I'm putting in all teams, but remember that Mr. J's team is null and void, can't remember which team that is):

Gotham Harlequinns

Gwangju White Tigers

Crimson Storm

The Alfdogg Asylum

Pocono Poison

Fear The Slayers

Pogo The Monkey

The S.H.I.T.

The Alleged Rapists

The Court Jesters

Better Than Utah

Team 2004

Team Failure~! -> 2003-04 Champion

Whalers On The Moon

Guerreos

Celtics

The draft for the 2004-05 season is straight (1->16, then back to 1->16). Offline draft once again for those who didn't hear that.

Edited by Lightning Flik

We have to have the people we are keeping PMed to you by the end of the week?

I had no plans on picking who I was keeping til a week or so before we draft again.

Reason I say now, is because if you take Keepers, you are taking a chance. If they get ILed, that's the risk you take. However, it guarentees you the chance of keeping your two star players.

However, by not taking your picks, you will have first and second round draft picks to snatch up quality talent that might've been better than your top two guys. Or you could end up with worse. All depends.

Is there anyway I can get an expansion team?

Since we needed one team. Done.

Unless something really messes up, you will form the new team for the 2004-05 season.

Woo! Tis a dawn of a new day. Thanks.

I know I'm bumping this dead thread, but I figured it might get people who are coming back or some new signees (as I'm still having a 16 team league, and I only know for sure that about 10 or so are back).

When you sign up with the 2004-2005 league, I expect you to give full access to your team to me. I've had two inactive teams show up in both leagues I've run, and I didn't care for it the first two times. So I'm not ending up with another one at the start of this coming season. Got it?

Only time I'll ever touch your team is if you are inactive.

Edited by Lightning Flik