TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

EA Sports Is Doing The Videogame

Guest Maccam16

I'd much rather have it made by AKI. You know acclaim would just mo-capp everything and make entire spots into a one command move. At least AKI has reversal systems etc...

TNA will give it to whoever cuts them the best deal.

I'm kind of suprised that there is enough interest out there to do that...

On the other hand...as long as the game gets made, and is advertised in gaming mags and on TV...its a win win for TNA.

As a gamer...I want EA to hand this one over to AKI and make me my No Mercy sequal.

TNA will give it to whoever cuts them the best deal.

I'm kind of suprised that there is enough interest out there to do that...

Do we know there is ?

It's one thing for some video game company execs to accept free flights, free lodging and free dinners in order to watch an NWATNA show and another for a company, or companies, to be interested in buying the NWATNA license.

There must be two...only because the EA deal seemed imminent a month ago and then they talked with someone else (and we went through the Aclaim scare then too).

Then EA met with them more recently down in Nashville.

Def Jam proved that wrestling games can sell without the WWE trademark...so it's not surprising that people want to make wrestling games as a result.

Since they have an open channel at least with a couple groups...I mean...I think I could seal this deal eventually.

There must be two...only because the EA deal seemed imminent a month ago and then they talked with someone else (and we went through the Aclaim scare then too).

Then EA met with them more recently down in Nashville.

Def Jam proved that wrestling games can sell without the WWE trademark...so it's not surprising that people want to make wrestling games as a result.

I don't recall hearing anything about EA til D-Lo's recent interview - do you have a link or something on that ? I haven't been online much over the last month so it's quite likely that I missed it at the time.

Def Jam had a pretty big license behind it with the likes of DMX, Ludacris and Redman all involved.

Guest Deviant

Honestly, if it goes to anyone except EA/AKI, I'll be disappointed. I'm hoping someone in TNA knows about games and knows that the best game possible is going to come from EA/AKI. An Acclaim TNA game would suck, and I wouldn't want to risk a TNA game with a company that has never built a wrestling engine/has to build one from scratch. Plus the game would be out much faster with EA/AKI.

At least EA met with TNA. I can only hope that that means it's only a matter of time until the 100% official deal is made.

I'll comment more on the game itself once a company is confirmed. I want to know if I'm justified in getting uber-excited over Daniels, Styles and others in a game before I do...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
EA made Def Jam which blows SD! out of the water gameplay wise...

But was still blown out of the water because of the sheer depth of SYM. I mean, I stopped playing Vendetta after three weeks.

EA made Def Jam which blows SD! out of the water gameplay wise...

But was still blown out of the water because of the sheer depth of SYM. I mean, I stopped playing Vendetta after three weeks.

Yeah, Vendetta is one biggass could've.

If they had put in more match types and a CAW, it could've been the game people still play to this day. But instead, they did...THAT.

I still say it has the best controls and gameplay. It is just way to shallow. ANd the million reversals of DOOM~! pissed me off to no end.

Guest JacK

As long as it has good controls and a whole lotta extra moves, I'll buy it. That's all you need from me. It's why I like Smackdown. Though, oddly enough, a season mode like Smackdown 1, but with more interactivity; would be cool, for some reason I loved that season mode, over all other wrestling game's.

Guest TheHulkster

Fuck EA, they should go after a talented rising publisher like Ubisoft. They don't really have any sport's licenses and are primarily a US/EU company. I'd love to see Capcom do a TNA game, but it will never happen.

Guest Deviant

While TNA and EA wanted the references taken out of the article, that just means that the deal isn't final, which the article made it sound like it was. It's still possible that they are negotiating, but haven't come to terms yet. That's what I'm hoping for.

There are a lot of good developers out there, but I'd rather hear an EA/AKI game confirmed/agreed upon so I can be assured of some quality. You never know what you could get if they sign with Ubisoft, or anyone that hasn't done a wrestling game before. It always takes developers a couple of games to get into a groove and get everything perfect.

I don't want TNA's first game to be a huge disappointment. A great game could lead to any number of positive effects. I'm just hoping for what is best for TNA and gamers alike, and that's an EA/AKI deal.

Speaking of Smackdown 1's season mode...remember when at the beginning of the show u would have a full heart meter, but suddenly at the end, u uhm..were almost dead?

I mean, what was going on..did I miss the cutscene of my character walking around the backstage corridor sniffing a bottle of glue?

"Munich looks to be doing some major damage to his central nervous system."

Guest Deviant

The word from Mike Tenay, it's not much, but at least it's from TNA...

Are the rumors true that NWA/TNA will soon be releasing a video game courtesy of EA Sports?

ANSWER:

Yes and no. We will have an announcement soon about a video game, but I don't believe it will be courtesy of EA Sports. Stay tuned.