TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Real Smackdown Spoilers

Word backstage is that WWE has purposely changed Smackdown recently to make it more like RAW. Thus, the show has had more focus on vignettes and storylines and less focus on wrestling.

Many fans were complaining that the Smackdown taping was not very organized last night, leaving the audience confused and upset. Many even left early because of this.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Word backstage is that WWE has purposely changed Smackdown recently to make it more like RAW. Thus, the show has had more focus on vignettes and storylines and less focus on wrestling.

Many fans were complaining that the Smackdown taping was not very organized last night, leaving the audience confused and upset. Many even left early because of this.

This is the most idoitic thing I've heard in a long time.

Whenever you think it was bad enough, WWE will stupify the laws of retardation by making moves like this.

All I know is they better clean up their act before Rumble when the Mania 20 build starts up because I think if Mania 20 sucks, then I won't be watching WWE much anymore.

I'd love to see MSG just boo the hell out of Mania 20 if they throw bullshit for the card. I'd like to see Vince's face.

How come nobody's wondering WHERE they got the shit for this Eddie/Show angle?

*"Generic Music" plays as Orlando Jordan steps out to absolutely no reaction*

Fan: Ah, screw this. I'm going to take a shit.

WWE Executive: Excuse me sir, but would you like to contribute to our show tonight? Just give us a feces sample, and we'll give you the password for the presale of WrestleMania XXI tickets. It's exclusive, you know.

Fan: Yeah, sure. My stomach has been gurgling since Stephanie came out here anyway.

Whenever you think it was bad enough, WWE will stupify the laws of retardation by making moves like this.

All I know is they better clean up their act before Rumble when the Mania 20 build starts up because I think if Mania 20 sucks, then I won't be watching WWE much anymore.

I'd love to see MSG just boo the hell out of Mania 20 if they throw bullshit for the card. I'd like to see Vince's face.

How is it idiotic?

Raw gets more viewers and brings in more money than Smackdown, so it makes sense for WWE to make SD more like Raw.

It won't be untill the "smarks" stop watching that Vince will value wrestling over entertainment. And for all their big words, a lot of people on this board still watch.

Guest wrestlingbs

How is it idiotic?

Raw gets more viewers and brings in more money than Smackdown, so it makes sense for WWE to make SD more like Raw.

It won't be untill the "smarks" stop watching that Vince will value wrestling over entertainment. And for all their big words, a lot of people on this board still watch.

Funny, I missed Unforgiven, have been turning Raw off around the end of hour 1, and I am definitely skipping SD this week and No Mercy this month. I didn't know that I was still watching at all until you said so. Wait, unless you were making a crude stereotypical remark about the IWC. Were you?

And I guess Raw has been the more successful show. I mean, the ratings have been through the roof, haven't they? 3.4! Holy Shit! It isn't just the fact the Raw has been and allways was WWE's number one show. It's Shane Mcmahon killing Kane and Mark Henry vs. Goldberg!

A cable rating and a network ratings are not the same.

They use two different equations.

I never understood why but I never really cared.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

*ahem* Raw gets better ratings cause it's a live show on a real (well...you know what I mean) cable channel. Not because of taped promos and people getting lit on fire.

How is it idiotic?

I hate when people use this petty argument when they don't get it.

Spike TV isn't pre-emptied anywhere...UPN is all the time, so when you think about it the final rating is always lower then what it would be if everyone could watch it.

And a bunch of items factor in about why one brings in more money then the other. Raw is live, SD isn't. SD has spoilers, Raw doesn't. Raw gets more advertisment, SD gets the basic on UPN.

SD was doing fine, and was the better show for a long time. They just need to turn RAW into SD and then you'll be onto something.

Once again, changing SD to a Raw format is idiotic beyond belief.

Guest Mulatto Heat

4.0 SD = 3.2 RAW

Figure it out and realize that RAW isn't exactly well ahead of the pack here.

Guest wrestlingbs
I'm sure ratings will go up after Chris Benoit or Eddy Guerrero win the WWE Title.

Oh, come on. Neither of those guys will ever win the wwe title. Now you're just being silly.

Guest TheArchiteck

Hmmmm, glad I read this.

I can now safely watch Survivor without switching back and forth.

More people get network than they do cable.

Ratings are % of people who watch.

So which is bigger: 3.9% of 60 and 3.5% of 80

Top Rated Cable Program: Trading Spaces

Rating: 5.6

Amount of People watching: 9,124,000

Top Rated Broadcast Program: CSI

Rating: 16.9

People: 26,657,000

Guest Mulatto Heat

Yes it is, my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

Simplified, the equation is 1.25x SD = 1x RAW.

Yes it is, my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

Simplified, the equation is 1.25x SD = 1x RAW.

Okay. More people watching SD than Raw restores a little of my faith in humanity, but the fact that Raw still draws a decent audience still is a heavy burden to bear.

Tajiri vs Rey Mysterio at No Mercy

Tix for Survivor Series on Sale Sat morning 10 am at the American Airlines Center in Dallas

Ultimo Dragon pretty much missed an Asai Moonsault outside..

Linda will be in Steph's corner at No Mercy.

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Taker FBI match was pointless. Blink 2 times and you pretty much could miss everything between the bells.

OH OH! Paul London. Meh.

Big Show shoves a burrito in some guys face backstage.

Big show vs Eddie US title match is official..

Big Show supposedly has 12% body fat , 12% of 500 lbs is 60 lbs...

Edited by MarvinisaLunatic

Guest Anglesault
Next up was a "Battle Rap", with John Cena vs Kurt Angle. This was really funny. Cena did his rap, and had a lot of people behind him. Instead of rapping, Kurt told a story, and mentioned how Cena is trying to be black, among other things. Kurt ends up fighting w/Cena.

Austin/Hart II indeed.