TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

The One and Only Smallville Thread

Guest EQ
From the previews I've seen, next week looks like a generic episode where nothing as far as the series-wide storyarc is really effected.  Although, the Kryptonite bullet thing is always fun to watch, and it will be interesting to see how they handle it on Smallville.

Have they done a kryptonite bullet thing before? I could swear that they did, but I can't remember for sure. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

EQ, what happened to the Superman sig?

I don't think they've done a Kryptonite bullet on Smallville yet. I've seen it done in the comics (the most recent time I can think of being in Batman/Superman #1, where Metallo shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet) and also on Lois & Clark. I still haven't gotten around to buying Batman/Superman #2, so I don't know how Superman gets out of it (it was a cliffhanger, Batman probably saves him... if you've read it please don't spoil it for me), but in the Lois & Clark episode, Lois ends up having to dig the bullet out of his chest (it was a pretty good scene... god when will they put this show on DVD).

Anyway, about the sig... Superman will be back. I love that picture, this is just my way of fucking with Dames (in case you didn't know he's insanely afraid of spiders). Once the joke pays off (or he bans me... heh) I'll bring back Supes.

Guest Askewniverse
I don't think they've done a Kryptonite bullet on Smallville yet.  I've seen it done in the comics (the most recent time I can think of being in Batman/Superman #1, where Metallo shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet) and also on Lois & Clark.  I still haven't gotten around to buying Batman/Superman #2, so I don't know how Superman gets out of it (it was a cliffhanger, Batman probably saves him... if you've read it please don't spoil it for me), but in the Lois & Clark episode, Lois ends up having to dig the bullet out of his chest (it was a pretty good scene... god when will they put this show on DVD).

Thanks for the info, EQ. I knew that I saw the kryptonite bullet thing somewhere. It's just that I was thinking about the wrong Superman show.

Guest EQ

What did everyone think of tonight's episode? I thought it was pretty good. Lana came so close to finding out about Clark, dammit!

The lead bullet-proof vest was pretty cool too.

Guest stardust

I kinda marked out when Lana kicked Van's ass. And when she almost found out...although telling Clark that if he had been affected by the meteor shower it wouldn't matter was a nice touch. Someone said in an earlier post that that tonight's ep seemed like a stand-alone ep that wouldn't further the story arc too much, but I think just putting that small niggle of doubt and suspicion in Lana's mind, plus Lex starting to question the fact that he doesn't get sick does help further the story arc. Good ep, though, IMO.

Guest EQ

It's interesting that now Lex is starting to think that he's been affected by the meteor rocks. I liked that a lot. Also, having Lana say towards the beginning/middle of the episode that everything would be better if the meteor shower never happened was a GREAT touch. Times like that really help to show why Clark really doesn't want to tell Lana about his secret. At the end, the payoff with her telling him that if he had been affected by them it wouldn't matter was nice as well.

Tonight's episode tied back to season 1 a couple of times. Lex viewing the simulation of the car crash was one of them... but the one that I really marked out for was the whole talk about the red blood cells. In one episode of season 1 (I don't remember which) Lex says to a doctor: "I never get sick".

Guest Askewniverse

I really liked tonight's episode. This season has been awesome so far.

Tonight's episode tied back to season 1 a couple of times.  Lex viewing the simulation of the car crash was one of them... but the one that I really marked out for was the whole talk about the red blood cells.  In one episode of season 1 (I don't remember which) Lex says to a doctor: "I never get sick".

I really liked the references to previous episodes as well. Tying in the Tina storyline was a nice touch. As a person who watches WWE, continuity is something that you don't get very often.

It will be interesting to see where they go with Lex. The Chloe-Lionel storyline is getting pretty interesting too. Is anybody else starting to think that Chloe remembers about Clark's powers?

Next week looks like a must-see episode. I'm already there.

Edited by Askewniverse

Guest EQ

Yeah, I liked the mention of Tina too.

As for the season 2 DVD set, no word just yet. Season 1 just got released not too long ago, so I wouldn't expect them to announce the next season for a while.

Speaking of the Smallville DVD, did anyone else pick up season 1? I think it's great. I've watched the first 2 discs. It's a little bare in the special features department, but the presentation of the set (the menus, the packaging) is great and the episodes look good visually. I'm satisfied.

Guest Askewniverse

I've been debating whether or not to pick up the Smallville: Season 1 DVD set. The deleted scenes from the pilot kinda interest me, but I don't know if it's worth it, since I have most of Season 1 on tape.

For anyone who has the DVD set: how is the audio commentary?

Guest EQ

I liked the commentaires. I found them to be pretty interesting/insightful. Definately worth listening to. In my opinion, the set is worth it.

DAMMIT...someone changed the channel in my room while I was out and I missed Smallville & Angel.

For once, I'm glad it's episodic.

So...what did I miss, details please...

Dames

Guest JMA

I liked the ep. Van reminded me a lot of Bloodsport (Kryptonite bullets, vendetta against a group).

Basically a kid from school is killing off people who have kryptonite enduced abilities because one of them killed his father.

He goes to kill Lex because Lex has survived three near death events and never been sick so obviously he's been effected somehow. (Although Lex had malaria while on the island didn't he???) It was revealed that Lex has an unusually high white blood cell count which helps him heal faster. Clark finds out who the guy is going for and saves Lex, but in doing so the guy finds out Clark's reaction to Kryptonite (because the killer was leaving meteor rocks with the word "freak" written on them by his victims). So he makes Kryptonite bullets and shoots Clark.

Johnathan manages to dig the bullet out and save Clark. Lana is taken hostage by the killer and Clark goes to face him. The killer unloads a machine gun full of kryptonite bullets at Clark right in front of Lana, but Clark keeps coming. Lana uses the distraction to whoop the killer's ass by kicking him into a glass trophy case. Clark reveals that he was wearing a lead plate to block the bullets.

Throughout the show Lana had become upset because the killer had saved her life at the beginning of the show when one of the killer's victicms had been attacking Lana at the time he was killed. So Lana felt he was trying to save her and Clark told her it wasn't that way. Lana got mad at Clark and said that things would have been better for everyone if the meteor shower had not happened.

At the end of the show Lana is talking to Clark and said that she almost believed the killer when he told her that Clark was bullet proof. She also said that if Clark had been effected by the meteors that it was okay, but Clark still didn't tell her.

Other side things: Chloe tried to quit working for Lionel but he threatened to mess with her Father's life if she quit and Lionel revlealed that he has access to all her files on her computer and even locked them from being deleted (the killer in this episode got his info by hacking Chloe's computer so she was going to delete her files on meteor affected people) Lionel also found out that Chloe had been keeping a file on Lex and he told her never to do it again or else.

And Clark is back working for the Torch again.

Edited by LaParkaYourCar

I think this show is finally finding it's groove. This season looks really good so far.

It makes sense since most shows take till about half way through their second season or the beginning of their third before they really find their groove.

The first season of Smallville was moster of the week the whole way through until the cliffhanger finale.

Season two had a little more of a arc with Clark's calling, the caves, his mom's pregnancy, and Evil Clark.

Now Season three looks to really step it up.

Guest Askewniverse
Basically a kid from school is killing off people who have kryptonite enduced abilities because one of them killed his father.

Just to add some more detail, Van's father was the military officer who was killed by Tina at Whitney's house.

I loved season 2.  I really liked Evil Clark and Heat Vision was great.

I liked Season 2 as well. In addition to Evil Clark and the introduction of heat vision, I loved Christopher Reeve's guest appearance. Oh yeah, and I can't forget about the Superman theme playing during Clark and Dr. Swann's meeting.

Guest EQ

Well, the episode was pretty cool. Nice coincidence seeing as how the episode had something to do with people getting trapped in dreams and the girl who played Sarah was in Freddy v. Jason

Guest Askewniverse
Well, the episode was pretty cool.  Nice coincidence seeing as how the episode had something to do with people getting trapped in dreams and the girl who played Sarah was in Freddy v. Jason

I liked tonight's episode too. I thought it was pretty cool that they had Katharine Isabelle play Sarah.

Anybody else catch the red cape reference? I kinda got a kick out of that.

Perry White next week. That should be pretty cool.

Guest EQ

Yeah I caught that too. Superman references are all over that show. Next week looks pretty cool. It should be nice to see Perry White, but I don't care for the actor that is playing him. I guess nobody will ever live up to Lane Smith for me

Well, the episode was pretty cool. Nice coincidence seeing as how the episode had something to do with people getting trapped in dreams and the girl who played Sarah was in Freddy v. Jason

Heh, I immediately though of Firday the 13th at the beginning, especially when ya only saw the "Cr" for the name of the place on the cabin, I thought Clark wasd at Crystal Lake, heh.

Guest EQ

I like how they had the R.E.M. music for the entire episode. Plus it was a nice little thing for people who caught it. R.E.M. and REM sleep (deep sleep). I doubt that was a coincidence.

R.E.M. also does a Superman song, I was hoping that would be in the show somewhere, but I didn't notice it

Guest EQ

Yeah. I knew right from the start that it was a dream. Those sequences even had a kind of haze to them which implied it. Plus, I highly doubt that (a) Clark would go skinny dipping in the first place and (b) he'd do it at Crater Lake of all places seeing as how that place is probably littered with Kryptonite

Guest Askewniverse

I was reading a review for the Season 1 box set (yeah, I still haven't bought it yet), and came across an interesting tidbit.

For those of you who don't recognize Chloe (and why would you, as she's a completely new character to the mythology), on this show, she's the cousin of Lois Lane (who we have yet to see on the series). Like Lois, she's also an intrepid journalist, so she's often the hook into unraveling deeper mysteries behind each episode.

Thoughts, opinions?

Guest EQ

I don't think they ever said on the show that Chloe was Lois' cousin. Chloe is from Metropolis, but that doesn't mean anything. It could be true and I just missed it. I just finished watching season 1 all the way through and I didn't notice them saying anything about that. Unless it's in season 2 somewhere, but I really think I would have remembered that.