TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

The One and Only Smallville Thread

Guest Askewniverse

Yeah, I don't remember the show mentioning it either, which is why I brought it up. I vaguely remember Chloe mentioning that she had a cousin in Metropolis who was an intern at the Daily Planet, but that's about it. I'm pretty sure that the show hasn't mentioned Lois by name yet, because I'd probably remember it if they did. I could be wrong, though.

My guess is that the reviewer just put two and two together, and came to the conclusion that Lois was Chloe's cousin. Either way, it's still a nice idea to think about it.

Guest EQ

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to comeout and say that on the show. It would be kind of cool. I just want one episode with Lois in it

Guest Askewniverse

Tonight's episode was pretty good. I liked the conversation at the end between Perry and Clark.

Clark is having dreams about him and Lana in the 1960's...or a couple just like them.

I wonder what they're going to do with the storyline of Perry White deciding to reopen his story about Lionel Luthor?

Guest Askewniverse

I agree with LPYC. Next week's episode looks sort of weird. Personally, I think it's too soon for another dream related episode, since they just did one last week.

The Perry White-Lionel Luthor thing is going to be interesting.

Guest EQ

At first, I didn't care for the way Perry White was portrayed. But then they expanded the storyline and showed exactly why he turned into the drunken bum. The end was nice, a lot of foreshadowing of what's to come.

Personally, I thought the whole solar flare aspect of the episode was a lot more interesting. I think that storyline could have carried it's own episodes. I'm always intrigued when there are stories about Clark/Superman's powers going haywire like that and he can't control them. There was an episode of Lois & Clark about that. It was pretty cool.

Guest Askewniverse

Last week's episode was better than I expected. The whole thing about the Kents being "chosen" to raise Clark on Earth was pretty cool.

Tonight's episode looks interesting. According to the preview, at one point

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Lana tries to kill Clark.

Someone refresh my memory on the Superman mythos.. I can't remember, but what exactly does the sun have to do with his powers? It can't be that they only work in sunlight, because he's used them at night. I can't put my finger on the exact connection.

Anyone?

Last week's episode was better than I expected. The whole thing about the Kents being "chosen" to raise Clark on Earth was pretty cool.

Tonight's episode looks interesting. According to the preview, at one point

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Lana tries to kill Clark.

Hmm, I have that as next week's preview. I guess we're a week behind up here. We just had the Jor-El in the 50's episode last night [i taped it, but haven't seen the whole thing yet]. Was that one last week for you guys?

Guest Askewniverse
We just had the Jor-El in the 50's episode last night [i taped it, but haven't seen the whole thing yet]. Was that one last week for you guys?

Yeah, the 1960s episode aired last week for us.

Has the series always consisted of so many one off episodes? This is the first season I have watched and they seemed to have no story arc save for a couple points (usually involving Chloe and Lana-Clark will they won't they). Is that the series M.O. or is this season a little different than previous ones?

So far this season was different until this episode. There was more of an arc so far, but this episode was basically the same kind of episodes they've done the first two seasons. "Clark get's jealous of Lana/Chloe's new boyfriend and does something stupid that makes them mad"

I'm just getting tired of EVERY FRICKIN' EPISODE ending with Clark and Lana "talking". It's the same thing week after week with them. Either do it or don't, but you can't just keep stringing it along. I mean, we all know Clark would just shoot a load like a shotgun through her back, but either have Lana really move on or let that happen.

There was more of an arc so far, but this episode was basically the same kind of episodes they've done the first two seasons. "Clark get's jealous of Lana/Chloe's new boyfriend and does something stupid that makes them mad"

Yeah no kidding. You would think that after all the time that Clark has been right about the boyfriends in question that Lana and Chloe would believe Clark more and stop thinking he's jealous.

There was more of an arc so far, but this episode was basically the same kind of episodes they've done the first two seasons. "Clark get's jealous of Lana/Chloe's new boyfriend and does something stupid that makes them mad"

Yeah no kidding. You would think that after all the time that Clark has been right about the boyfriends in question that Lana and Chloe would believe Clark more and stop thinking he's jealous.

I was thinking the same thing. How often does Clark have to be right before they believe him??

The Chloe/Lex stuff was about the only storyline arc stuff tonight.

Guest Askewniverse
I mean, we all know Clark would just shoot a load like a shotgun through her back, but either have Lana really move on or let that happen.

The only way Clark could bang regular chicks (like Lana) is with a kryptonite condom, but that would kill him.

I was thinking the same thing. How often does Clark have to be right before they believe him??

The Chloe/Lex stuff was about the only storyline arc stuff tonight.

Remember how at the end of the ep Lana said that someday she'll find someone that cares for her alot and that Clark is going to have to deal with it? I was thinking "Yeah Clark will have to deal with because he'll be a bad guy with powers and you won't believe him for the thousandth time."

The only way Clark could bang regular chicks (like Lana) is with a kryptonite condom, but that would kill him

That quote comes straight from "Mallrats". Jeremy London and Jason Lee were discussing that the only woman with a strong enough uterus to hold Supes' baby is Wonder Woman. Pretty funny exchange.

Sorry to go off topic.

I've only really started watching Smallville regularly for this third season. I also bought the season one dvds. A couple of cool things of note that you all probably know, but I just found out...

Annette O'Toole played Lana Lang in Superman III. I've seen this movie tons of times, but never made the connection until I started watching Smallville this year.

Michael Rosenbaum plays the voice of Flash on the Justice League animated series.

And.. unrelated to Superman, but still cool... John Schneider is Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazard! [i thought he looked really familiar!]

Someone refresh my memory on the Superman mythos.. I can't remember, but what exactly does the sun have to do with his powers? It can't be that they only work in sunlight, because he's used them at night. I can't put my finger on the exact connection.

His body stores solar energy in its cells. Yellow sun energy charges up the cells, while red sun energy drains them. Thus, Superman is basically a walking solar battery. The only times I remember his powers failing was the DC crossover where the sun was blotted out (mid-90s, forget the name), and in The Dark Knight Returns, when a powerful nuclear bomb obscures the sun by tossing sand and debris into the atmosphere.

Just started watching this great show during the middle of last season and have a few questions if anyone would mind...

(spoiler tags if necessary)

1. Does Chloe know Clark's secret? (I think yes, but not positive)

2. If so, why has he not told Lana?

Just started watching this great show during the middle of last season and have a few questions if anyone would mind...

(spoiler tags if necessary)

1. Does Chloe know Clark's secret? (I think yes, but not positive)

2. If so, why has he not told Lana?

No Chloe doesn't know Clark's secret, but I think she knows more than she's leading on. She found it out once, but it was while under the influence of meteor rocks and she doesn't remember it now...or so we think.

He has not told Lana and probably won't.

Pete is the only one he's told besides his family.