TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JRE

A biker chain match...

Well I dunno about Christian but Regal and Storm definetly are better than Edge. And no that's not just based on there WWE work. Work they've done outside the WWE far outclasses Edge's wildest dreams.

I've seen my fair share of Lance Storm- Edge is worlds better then him.

Guest Ray
He's about on par with Jericho. Whom is 10x better than Edge.

I fail to see how Storm is on the same level as Jericho.

Edge works WWE style. Edge works matches that don't promote good smart working. Edge works matches that are *spot, spot, spot* the only time he's really had matches that aren't like that are against pure workers like Storm and Guerrerro.

Storm has worked other styles. Storm knows how to work a smart match. Storm has worked better matches in ECW and WCW than Edge has in WWE.

Therefore Lance Storm is better than Edge. It's really simple.

He's about on par with Jericho. Whom is 10x better than Edge.

I fail to see how Storm is on the same level as Jericho.

Workwise. Not interview or charisma wise.

Guest Ray

I don't see how Storm is such a smart worker. Weak, terrible striking moves and goofy selling for starters. Doing some basic matwork and submission holds doesn't make him a smart worker. He's athletic and fast, and of course, superior to most of the garbage on Raw like Henry or Steiner, but I still don't understand how he got a reputation as a great worker.

Has Storm had a match as good as Jericho's matches at Super J Cup 95, Fully Loaded 2000, Royal Rumble 2001, Raw 5/21/01, or No Mercy 2001 ?

Oh, and Ray only cares about ring work :) So when I say one wrestler is better than another, it's always the ring work I'm talking about.

Storm has worked better matches in ECW and WCW than Edge has in WWE.

Edge's best matches are better then anything Lance Storm ever did. I still can't believe Storm still has fans considering he's done nothing in 18 months.

Therefore Lance Storm is better than Edge. It's really simple.

Nope. Edge is the better worker- Edge can sell a body part, he can work a spotfest or he can work a smart grounded match.

And he can swing a chair.

Guest croweater

The whole "lance storm is good/bad" argument has been done to death. I think it's about time for the board to let it go.

No, see, it's like this: Jericho > Regal > Edge > Storm > Christian > Test.

Jericho is not Benoit, but Jericho is approximately 29 times better than Edge is. Or perhaps will ever be.

Guest Choken One

I like People who can wrestle as well as entertain in various environments...I don't get pleasure watching roided freaks bump and then put on embarassing "INTENSE" promos...

Jericho is a complete package as opposed to Benoit whom is a Needle injected Package with the charisma of Yarn.

It goes...

Chris Benoit > Dean Malenko > Eddie Guerrero > Ultimo Dragon > Juventud Guerrera > Chris Jericho > Lance Storm > Rey Mysterio Jr > Billy Kidman > Christopher Daniels > AJ Styles > Kurt Angle > William Regal > Edge

Guest Choken One

Juventud? Fuck that X freak...Put Mysterio over him EASY.

Kidman? The Sultan of Shit? I'd put fricking TEST before him...

Guest Mulatto Heat
I like People who can wrestle as well as entertain in various environments...I don't get pleasure watching roided freaks bump and then put on embarassing "INTENSE" promos...

Jericho is a complete package as opposed to Benoit whom is a Needle injected Package with the charisma of Yarn.

Yet I've seen you proclaim Scott Steiner to be "awesome", when he's Nash's competition for the "Most Useless Man in Wrestling". Your criteria is so erratic it's hilarious.

And I love how off-topic this has become.

Guest Ray

Well that was dumb.

Benoit also happens to be one of the best WRESTLERS of all time.

Surely a WRESTLING fan would like to see great WRESTLING, yes?

Have you seen any of his pre-WWE non-roided to death work? Hell, even his roided WWE work is great.

Chris Benoit > Dean Malenko > Eddie Guerrero > Ultimo Dragon > Juventud Guerrera > Chris Jericho > Lance Storm > Rey Mysterio Jr > Billy Kidman > Christopher Daniels > AJ Styles > Kurt Angle > William Regal > Edge

Malenko over Guerrero? Nah.

Storm over Misterio? Nope.

Toshiaki Kawada > all of those. :)

Guest Choken One

Yet I've seen you proclaim Scott Steiner to be "awesome", when he's Nash's competition for the "Most Useless Man in Wrestling". Your criteria is so erratic it's hilarious.

And I love how off-topic this has become.

I've called him awesome in reference to his pre-riod days of his Tag Days in the early 90's and he was awesome in the WCW dying days for his heel persona...NOT his workrate.

As for Ray...Who said I was refering to ONLY wrestling? I was merely Saying Jericho has more overall value then Benoit does.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Did I say anything about his non-existent workrate? No.

His heel persona was that of a ROID RAGER. So if Benoit started to talk in gibberish and sporatically hit people with pipes and threatened fans, would that float your boat?

Guest Ray
As for Ray...Who said I was refering to ONLY wrestling? I was merely Saying Jericho has more overall value then Benoit does.

And you referred to Benoit as just a roided guy who bumps, which implies that you're unfamiliar with his in-ring godliness.

Guest Choken One

Yes He is a great worker although over rated as fuck.

Compared to Jericho, He is just a ripped roided freak that can take any bump and perform...He can't entertain and be as versatile as Jericho.

Which is why I'd take JERICHO over Benoit...

Malenko over Guerrero? Nah.

Storm over Misterio? Nope.

Toshiaki Kawada > all of those.

Personal Opinion.

Personal Opinion.

It was only North Americans* but since you brought it up, Benoit > Kawada.

*Selected North Americans only. I didn't mention Austin for example, that doesn't mean he's below all of them, it just means I didn't mention him.

Guest Ray

Please explain to me how Benoit's ring work is overrated. I would LOVE to see you explain this.

Personal Opinion.

Personal Opinion.

Nope. Objective analysis.

Benoit > Kawada

Tell me how you came to this conclusion. I've never seen a Benoit match as good as 6/3/94, have you?

To Choken One (Benoit is over-rated) and Ray (Kawada > Benoit):

Chris Benoit has been *consistantly* one of the greatest workers in the world for over 15 years. He has worked so many different styles and against so many different opponents all over the world that, to me anyway, he is the best.

P.S. I never thought i'd see the day when Benoit needed *DEFENDING* on this board.

Guest Ray
Chris Benoit has been *consistantly* one of the greatest workers in the world for over 15 years. He has worked so many different styles and against so many different opponents all over the world

Everything you say there is correct, but Kawada was god for many years, and his best work is superior to Benoit's.

Guest Choken One

Please explain to me how Benoit's ring work is overrated. I would LOVE to see you explain this.

Personal Opinion.

Personal Opinion.

Nope. Objective analysis.

Benoit > Kawada

Tell me how you came to this conclusion. I've never seen a Benoit match as good as 6/3/94, have you?

He's over rated because people stupidly worship him like a holy grail...

He is just a great performer along the lines of Flair, Austin, Kasawa and such...

I don't believe wrestlers should be treated like Jesuses because they have work rate...

Chris Jericho is probably the second most overrated wrestler in North America by those who generally favour the workrate side of things. He is a good wrestler, but Kurt Angle has had better matches let alone the likes of Benoit, Malenko & Guerrero. I have yet to see a single 'classic' out of Jericho. He's had plenty of great matches, but he can't get to the next level.

Of course, the most overrated by far would be Shawn Michaels.

Guest Askewniverse

Why is it that every time a "wrestler A is better than wrestler B" topic starts up, someone always brings up either Misawa, Kawada, Tsuruta, Akiyama, or some other Japanese wrestler whose last name ends in a vowel? It can get really annoying, especially when the topic is in the WWE folder.

Besides, comparing American wrestling to Puro is unfair to begin with, since it's like comparing apples to oranges.

To Kahran Ramsus:

Chris Jericho and, moreso, Shawn Michaels have had several classic matches each. Kurt Angle has, and most of you need to learn this, *NEVER* had a classic match. His best match was Austin at SummerSlam '01, which was **** at best.

Guest Ray
He's over rated because people stupidly worship him like a holy grail...

He is just a great performer along the lines of Flair, Austin, Kasawa and such...

I don't believe wrestlers should be treated like Jesuses because they have work rate...

No offense, but that reply was weak man.

Benoit's body of work is just as good as everyone thinks.

Yeah, it sure is dumb for us to praise a GREAT WRESTLER for being a GREAT WRESTLER.

Of course, the most overrated by far would be Shawn Michaels.

Will you marry me? :wub:

Why is it that every time a "wrestler A is better than wrestler B" topic starts up, someone always brings up either Misawa, Kawada, Tsuruta, Akiyama, or some other Japanese wrestler whose last name ends in a vowel? It can get really annoying, especially when the topic is in the WWE folder.

Conversely, I am annoyed when people say I can't mention Japan in a WWE forum. Tsuruta and Kawada happen to be two of the greatest wrestlers ever (if not THE greatest), so if people are going to tell me a WWE wrestler is "great", I'll obviously bring up the fact that there are better wrestlers.

Besides, comparing American wrestling to Puro is unfair to begin with, since it's like comparing apples to oranges.

No it's not. Wrestling matches are wrestling matches, no matter where they take place.