TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Best Buy- Good CDs for $6.99

Best Buy has a great selection of CDs for sale this week for $6.99. First, there's one of the best albums of the year, Thursday's War All The Time. Along with that, you can pick up Thrice- The Artist in the Ambulance, Brand New- Deja Entendu, Billy Talent, Hot Hot Heat- Make Up The Breakdown, Story of the Year- Page Avenue, and more... I haven't seen a deal this good in a while.

War All the Time isn't that great.

It's good, but most of the songs on it are very forgetable. Though "For the Workforce, Drowning", "Between Rupture and Rapture", "Asleep in the Chapel" and "War All the Time" are completely awesome.

So.....Best Buy has a sale on it's screamo CDs and I'm supposed to go running for the door? Thanks, but no thanks. If you want to wait for a good CD, wait until November 4th. Ryan Adams is releasing his official studio followup to Gold, entitled "Rock N Roll", as well as the first half of his "Love is Hell" EP. Then, and only then, shall I go running.

I fail to see why everyone is clamoring over Thursday and Hot Hot Heat. Both are fronted by two of the worst "singers" I've ever heard, respectively. Perhaps someone could explain to me why either is so great?

Bah. I wouldn't even spend two bucks on a Billy Talent CD. That one song I've heard of them is really irritating. If I want screamo I'll listen to Vendetta Red, thank you very much.