TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Explain THIS TO ME

You left out mysterious foo. And I'm the opposite of materialistic. Maybe you meant obsessive. Anyway, here's what astrology-online.com has to say.

Traditional

Scorpio Traits

Determined and forceful

Emotional and intuitive

Powerful and passionate

Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful

Compulsive and obsessive

Secretive and obstinate

Traditional

Gemini traits

Adaptable and versatile

Communicative and witty

Intellectual and eloquent

Youthful and lively

On the dark side....

Nervous and tense

Superficial and inconsistent

Cunning and inquisitive

NERVOUSNESS. That's exactly what Raven Effect said.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

FUCK astrology-online. My memory is far more reliable, I've got plenty of sooth to say, and Aleister Crowley being a weird fucker is in my avatar. I'm far more credible.

Guest stardust

I agree with Chaos, the stuff from astrology-online.com is much more accurate. Well, as accurate as something like astrology can be, really.

Traditional

Gemini traits

Adaptable and versatile

Communicative and witty

Intellectual and eloquent

Youthful and lively

On the dark side....

Nervous and tense

Superficial and inconsistent

Cunning and inquisitive

NERVOUSNESS. That's exactly what Raven Effect said.

Yep, that's a lot like me when I think of it. I'm one witty son of a bitch...but also nervous too much.

Yep, that's a lot like me when I think of it. I'm one witty son of a bitch...but also nervous too much.

I'm inconsistently witty when it comes to thinking of something to make people laugh about, and at other times it's too forced, so my traits are accurate. However, I don't communicate with people a lot unless it's with parents or other family members.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey, at least I got the Sagittarians right. This is from memory, remember. If you really wanted me to do some astrological divination, I probably could. Besides, it's not like you fancy rainbow air signs would ever admit completely to someone's reading or definition anyway.

Back in the day, years ago, astrology.com used to give you free profiles. Now it just gives you samples. Anyway, I saved one I made for Bret Hart just for the hell of it. Tell me what you think. Here, I'll highlight the important parts.

----

Section 1: General Personality Characteristics

You have powerful emotional attachments to the past, your family, your childhood, those places you associate with safety and security and your beginnings. Maintaining a connection with your roots and heritage and keeping family bonds strong are very important to you. Loyal, devoted, and sentimental, you tend to cling to whatever is dear to you, be it person, familiar place, or cherished possession.

You are sympathetic, nurturing, supportive, and very sensitive to the emotional needs of other people. You like to be needed, to care for others, and you often worry about the people you love. You have a very strong need for a sense of belonging and acceptance, and you center much of your life around your home. You are more concerned about people and their feelings than with power, achievement, or position in society. Kindness, consideration, and tenderness impress you more than any sort of honor the world can bestow.

You are primarily emotional and your views are often dominated by your feelings and by your own personal, subjective experiences, rather than reason, logic, or abstract principles. It is difficult for you to judge situations in a fair, objective manner for your personal sympathies and loyalties usually enter in. You take things very personally, and sometimes build a wall around yourself to protect yourself from pain and rejection. You feel rather shy and vulnerable at heart. You also tend to be moody, experiencing frequent emotional ups and downs. You need to have a place and time in your life to withdraw, introspect, dream, and replenish yourself; otherwise you become cranky and unhappy with those around you.

You function in an instinctive, nonrational manner and like to immerse yourself in creative activities where you can express your feelings, imagination, and instincts. You often love to cook, since it can be both creative and a way to nurture and nourish others. You also have a great affinity for music, because it evokes and communicates feelings that may be difficult or impossible to put into words.

Your compassion, sensitivity, and imagination are your strong points. Your faults include an inability to release the past and go forward, clannishness and prejudice, and a tendency to be self-pitying when you meet hardships in life.

Section 2: Mental Interests and Abilities

You are a person of strong opinions and you express your views energetically and often dramatically. You are an entertaining speaker and will embellish or exaggerate in order to get your point across. You have an aptitude for story-telling and performing. Even if your arena is only the classroom or dining room table, you put on a good show. You have an abundance of creative ideas and do not enjoy a job in which you have no creative input or voice in decision-making. You could be a good politician, spokesperson, group leader, director, or coach.

-----

Now if it had told me that I had an apt for story telling, I was an entertaining speaker, or I have an abundance of creative ideas, I would have laughed my ass off. But instead, mine was so accurate it was scary. Felt like my mind was being read and typed out. :)

Guest rawmvp

I'm bringing it back to classic form.

Update: Today, she threw a curve ball at me. And by curve ball, I mean the most unpredictable curve ball from hell. I mean, shit, we were in the same group, and here I am, waiting to gather around in our group, when, BAM, she defects and deserts us by joining ANOTHER group. Pure unadulterated bullshit, sez I. I was looking forward to finally getting intimate with her, when out of fucking nowhere she pulls an Ace out of her ass.

But, here's the thing, as I'm sulking in the solemn sorrows of solitude, I find her incessantly -- and with quick precision -- turning her head to look at me. It was almost as if she wanted to see how I would react, and since I have an uncannily expressive face, she could certainly see that I was perturbed. Talk about mixed signals from hell.

It's quite obvious that she's playing games with me, and it's quite possible that she likes me -- she quickly turns her head back around when I try to catch her staring at me.

I'm confused; she's one fickle girl. We were working on graphical data and tried to re-arrange scattered points on a map. I not so subtlely said, "Yeah, so these are all a bunch of mixed signals, huh? It can be really confusing, ya know." Hopefully, she got it.

Who knows...maybe she wants me to chase her? Her mother taught her well, that's for sure.

Edited by rawmvp

Guest rawmvp

WelshJerichoMark, is that what you've deduced from my post? Do her actions tell you that she wants to be asked out?

BTW, I've seen your picture, WJM, and I've gotta admit that you're an amazingly beautiful girl. Yeah, so...you're advice would mean a lot.

For fuck's sake, dude, just go for it already! This is the longest, shittiest courtship in the history of people who don't know what they're doing trying to go out on a date before they collect Social Security.

Guest rawmvp

Shittiest courtship ever? Yeah, maybe, but you've gotta admit that its been one hilarious ride.

I'll ask her out soon enough, but I just wanted to get your opinion on what her mixed signals mean.

It has been pretty funny, I'll give you that. Sure, it's funny in a let's-watch-the-ambulance-pull-up-to-the-car-wreck sort of way, but it's still good for a few chuckles.

Her mixed signals mean she wants you to make the first move, since she's obviously too shy to do it herself.

Yeah, she probably wants you to ask her out. What I want to know is how the hell can you talk about kissing her and sending her a link to THIS thread of all things but still be afraid to ask her out?

The build up is killing me.

What's her sign btw? You said yours descibed you perfectly. So let's find out what she's about. We will tell you whether or not you'll get the girl.

Guest Olympic Slam

Take a deep breath, walk over to her and ask her if she wants to "hang out" this Friday. Done and done. If she makes up a lame excuse then give up on her and focus on finishing the class. If she says yes, then have fun and work on the POSSIBILITY of building a relationship from there. You're not going to woo her into marrying you or doing you with lame signals and eye contact; this isn't Cinemax. Enough with all the inward thinking and trying to decipher her signals. Don't just stand there, make a move. I swear if this whole courtship were a movie I would have walked out of the theatre long ago.

Guest rawmvp

rawmvp: "So, uhhh Natalie, what's your sign?"

Natalie: "Ummm.. why do you want to know?"

rawmvp: "Cuz...cuz...uhhhhhhhh...my smartmark friends want to know what you're sign is."

Natalie: "Smartmark what? Ummm...whatever, yeah...but you still haven't answered my question!"

rawmvp: "ummm.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...do you watch pro wrestling?"

Natalie: *Runs out the door*

rawmvp: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

This isn't movie! It's a TRILOGY of epic proportions, baybee!!

Guest rawmvp

I was able to relate her blood type with Biology somehow. I can't do that with her birthday without blatantly asking for it, unless you know a subtle way of getting this information?

Guest Olympic Slam

This was my proudest moment.......

Girl - "So what's your sign?"

Me - "Viscera = Ratings"

A Smark to the very end............

That's it keep waiting and let some other guy make the move. Either go up to her and ask her out aready or shut the fuck up about this shit. Girls like a guy with confidence. Grow a set of balls and ask her out already.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

You know what man? I'm around the same age as you, so I'm going to lay out what I did recently.

Step 1:

Saw a girl I thought was cute at an interscholastic mixer, chatted her up and got her IM name. Found a lot of common interests, and asked if she wanted to meet sometime next week to go see a show- she said yes. Notice I didn't specifically say "date."

Step 2:

We go meet up, get dinner, and I try like mad to make conversation (she later told me I was obviously nervous and she thought it was "cute") -then we went to the show, which based on our IM conversations I knew she would enjoy. I didn't see any obvious signs either way, so I figured "what the hell" and went to kiss her. She returned it, with gusto. Go me.

Step 3:

I continue to converse with this girl over the phone, keeping it mostly breezy and humorous, complimenting her *when appropriate.* We went later that week to another show, this time a concert, which I also knew she'd like. Again, I got some genuine warmth and affection from her.

Step 4:

I ask the girl out again, this time where she lives, and I make a good impression on her friends- again, with light, casual conversation . Since we've gotten to know each other well, I do lay on the romantic stuff a little bit thicker, but not too over-the-top. Again, the date is a nice, inexpensive restaurant, and something I knew she'd like, in this case a comedy movie. We ended up spending the night together -no sex, but lots of petting, and thanks to HEX~! I knew the right spots.

Step 5:

This time the girl comes over to my place, and again, I start off with casual conversation, and something she likes- again, one of her favorite movies. (To clarify, our similar tastes in everything makes this much easier.) This time, thanks to HEX~! one thing led to another and she had, well, her "first."

Notice a continuing pattern here?

-Get to know the girl on a friendship level FIRST. Interests, hobbies, hokey family stories, stuff like that. It makes actual conversation on dates easier.

-INITIATE. If I hadn't tried to kiss that girl, despite her showing no obvious signs that she actually liked me or enjoyed herself on that first date, she probably wouldn't have been waking up in my bed this morning.

-KEEP IT CASUAL. No hokey romance stuff, girls find that LAME. Have a sense of humor, be their friend first, and (this part is admittedly tricky) know when you're comfortable enough to gradually transition into the actual dating relationship.

-YOU MAKE YOUR OWN FATE. This goes back to point 2, if I didn't initiate anything I'd never have known this girl in the first place. The stars don't align unless you FORCE THEM TO.

-For advice on getting a girl/guy/sheep/whatever in the mood, LISTEN TO HEX~! To listen to Hex, go to UGS-http://pub68.ezboard.com/bundergroundsmarks2003

It might not work for everyone, but it worked for me, because at the moment I've got a smart, gorgeous and unbelievably sweet girl as a very affectionate girlfriend.

A couple years ago, I was just like you rawmvp dude, but I made these adjustments and life has never, EVER been better.

Edlt: And also, one final thing, if this doesn't work out past step 1, learn to let shit go. The whole Petrarchan thing is lame and emasculating. I know, I've done it.

Edited by DuskTillDawn

Guest rawmvp

Easier said than done, but I'm on my way, I hope.

Thanks for the advice, DuskTillDawn.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Sagittarius + Aries

alternately, Capricorn + Aries

Horrible couple. I'm a fan of that whole "opposites attract" school of thought, though, so I might be biased. These people are far too like one another, astrologically speaking, and it's not a sign that gets along with itself. Both are most often at their best when "they're" the impulsive one, and not their partner.

The Capricorn/Aries would be much better, as there's a rooted earth sign for the Aries to drag along kicking and screaming. A good long-term parental sort of combination, too. A compromising, thoughtful relationship.

Conversely, it could be a situation where an especially dominant Aries runs that poor little goat ragged with constant fighting, fucking, and impulsive travel.

Then again, the opposite of THAT could be true, where the Goat is so stifling that the poor little ram's spirit is broken, either one resulting in an unhappy one-sided relationship.

Conversely, it could be a situation where an especially dominant Aries runs that poor little goat ragged with constant fighting, fucking, and impulsive travel.

Then again, the opposite of THAT could be true, where the Goat is so stifling that the poor little ram's spirit is broken, either one resulting in an unhappy one-sided relationship.

Bingo and bingo. But that's assuming I'm more Capricorn than Sagittarius like I think I am. Very nice work.

Sign in to follow this