TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Austin/Hart 2?

Guest Anglesault

I haven't watched the show, because I have better things to do, but did I read that Angle dressed up like Cena and brought out a midget Angle?

Please justify this.

Guest Coffey

You want someone to justify it or verify it?

Verify: Personally, I didn't see it. I read it in a couple different spoilers however.

Justify: I can't, it sounds ignorant to me.

Edited by Mr. Jag0

Okay, basically Kurt Angle came out, dressed as John Cena. Cena then issued some "throwdowns" or whatever the kids call them. They were intentionally bad disses. Midget Angle then came out, and traded words with "Cena". The two then got in a brawl with the midget locking in the Anglelock and Angle tapping out right away. This was all for laughs, as the midget was Angle's friend. The real John Cena then came out and he and Angle got into a brawl. Angle dominated him, and even the midget got in a low blow on Cena. Cena then ran to the back.

And that was it for the Angle/Cena buildup, as Steph got a good chunk of SmackDown for her "interview".

Guest Anglesault
Okay, basically Kurt Angle came out, dressed as John Cena. Cena then issued some "throwdowns" or whatever the kids call them. They were intentionally bad disses. Midget Angle then came out, and traded words with "Cena". The two then got in a brawl with the midget locking in the Anglelock and Angle tapping out right away. This was all for laughs, as the midget was Angle's friend. The real John Cena then came out and he and Angle got into a brawl. Angle dominated him, and even the midget got in a low blow on Cena. Cena then ran to the back.

And that was it for the Angle/Cena buildup, as Steph got a good chunk of SmackDown for her "interview".

OMG, AUSTIN/HART 2!

How would this be Austin / Hart 2?

If you're referring to the Bret midget, that was with HBK. And there have been many situations like this since - with Edge & Christian making fun of midget Dudleyz and the Rock making fun of midget Booker T.

Guest Coffey

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic and making fun of the people that said John Cena & Kurt Angle in a fued could be the next coming of Steve Austin/Bret Hart.

You know, because people always try to tell him to "wait first" when he starts complaining about Angle's direction. The problem is, 'Sault is usually right.

Guest Putty
John Cena & Kurt Angle in a fued could be the next coming of Steve Austin/Bret Hart

That's the first time I've ever heard that.

I sure as hell hope it's the last.

Guest Coffey

That's the point. He's making fun of the people who said that. At least that's the way that I'm reading it. Last time I checked, my reading comprehention was pretty good.

Guest Breetai

Is anyone else amused by the irony inherent in the fact that 'sault has chosen to name himself after the one move Angle does that injures people?

I think if I had to list the absolute main problem with WWE today it would be this bizarre tendency to try and make everything FUNNY. I've got news for them: in wrestling funny stuff doesn't draw money. Yeah there are some rare talents (Rock, Eddie) who can do serious and funny stuff, but for the most part the money is drawn from serious feuds.

Funny is fine in a midcard comedy act like Too Cool. It is not so good in a feud with a main event guy (Angle) and a guy that is nearly there (Cena).

This is why Angle will never draw serious money. He's booked as a joker. People pay money to see wrestlers they can take seriously.

The problem is, 'Sault is usually right.

Yeah.

His opposition had some laughable beliefs...

"Don't worry, this Angle/Brock feud will be great. Angle will look strong going into the match."

"Don't worry, Shane's not going to be here long. He's just going to face Kane, take a big bump, job, and go away."

"Don't worry, Angle's going to be booked more seriously, this is just showing more depth in his character."

Some consider him a glorified troll, but when it comes to predicting how the booking team will plan things in the long run, he's chillingly accurate.

This is why Angle will never draw serious money.  He's booked as a joker.  People pay money to see wrestlers they can take seriously.

Also, the difference between him and Eddy, Rock, etc--there's "laughing with" vs. "laughing at." Big difference. For example, I don't think Big Show will be able to be used very effectively for a long time now.

Come on now AS. Wait until Heat, this Sunday. That is when they are going to turn this into a real feud, and then put on a match for the ages later that night.

It has to happen. You wait and see.

This is why Angle will never draw serious money. He's booked as a joker. People pay money to see wrestlers they can take seriously.

angle used to my my fav wrestler in the wwe, but that was when he was heel...i could give two shits about face kurt angle. I just watched the kurt angle its true its true video the other day and its really sad how bad the wwe has ruined his character

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Is anyone else concearned with the extremly high probability that Angle will job to fucking Cena?

I've got a question for all of you. Do you think Angle should change his theme music. I mean he's a face but, everytime he comes out he still gets "You Suck" chants. Of course, Angle had a part in it be telling the fans to chant it on his first night back.

But, I really want a heel Angle cause I'm so not digging face Angle or his last face run for that matter.

Well, what's better? Angle the babyface clown, or Angle the crybaby heel?

Heel every day of the week...face Angle is one of my biggest hates in wrestling. The guy is one of my favourite wrestlers, but the face version of him is just hideous.

So the feud will end with Kurt Angle, face covered in a crimson mask, passing out in the sharpshooter... wait... which one is Austin again??

cena will pass out, with his face covered in blood, in the angle lock.

so cena ''is austin''

Guest PowerPB13

As I've said in the past...I have no reason to have any confidence in WWE to get things right.

I fully expect WWE to screw this up, just like they've screwed everything else up.

-Patrick

Guest Anglesault
So the feud will end with Kurt Angle, face covered in a crimson mask, passing out in the sharpshooter... wait... which one is Austin again??

The WWE just knows one of them is supposed to be Austin and one Hart.

Unfotunately, they can't figure out how to pull that off, so they opt for the only logical conclusion.

Bad comedy.