TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Guest Redhawk

Why hasn't anyone blamed David Wells? If his fat ass was in some kind of shape he wouldn't have a sore back from carrying around that beer gut....If he hadn't had a sore back the Yankees wouldn't have had to go to the bullpen in the SECOND FUCKING INNING....and perhaps they wouldn't have got smoked in Game 5.

I understand the Weaver-hate. But don't let Wells get off the hook. Especially when just before his sore back, he was making fun of how he doesn't ever work out. Fat ass.

Finally, don't say EVERYONE failed. Jeter was clutch the whole series, for the most part, as was Mariano Rivera.

Now we just have to resign Pudge. That will be the key. Burnett coming back?? That's like a key free agent signing!

Meh.

I'm happy for Pudge. Willis and Pierre are alright, too. The rest of the Marlins can go straight to hell for all I care.

But, on the bright side, at least the Yankees lost...

Guest Anglesault
While we're at it, take the title of Mr. October the FUCK away from Jeter.

0-4 when it counted, Game 6.

World Series, 1HR, 2RBI.

.360 batting average doesn't mean shit if the rest of the team can't do shit either.

And the only Yank error in Game 6.

He doesn't deserve that title.

That error fucking doomed them. It caused the second run and sealed their fate.

I feal bad for Mo. He did all that was asked of him.

Hell, the 1st base coach was working harder than half the team.

Lee catching that visit to the mound (where what's his face went into the dugout and came back out) was the best Yankee play of the Series.

AS, no offense, but your Jeff Weaver hate, while understandable, is like the "Bill Buckner cost the Red Sox the 1986 World Series" bullshit. Poor pitching that inning is the only reason Buckner even had a chance at that play. Had the pitcher done his job, Buckner never has a ball hit to him. That and people forget there was a game 7 for the Sox to lose that year. You could argue that Buckner cost the team game 6, but game 7 fell on the team, not Bill Buckner.

Weaver got into one game, and while he arguably cost the Yankees that game, to say he cost the Yankees the entire series is just silly.

If one person has to be the scapegoat for the entire, at least blame somebody who, you know, played tonight.

Why hasn't anyone blamed David Wells? If his fat ass was in some kind of shape he wouldn't have a sore back from carrying around that beer gut....If he hadn't had a sore back the Yankees wouldn't have had to go to the bullpen in the SECOND FUCKING INNING....and perhaps they wouldn't have got smoked in Game 5.

I understand the Weaver-hate. But don't let Wells get off the hook. Especially when just before his sore back, he was making fun of how he doesn't ever work out. Fat ass.

Finally, don't say EVERYONE failed. Jeter was clutch the whole series, for the most part, as was Mariano Rivera.

The Yanks knew they were playing with fire when they resigned Wells. It finally came back and burned them in Game 5.

If Jeter is so goddamn clutch, then why is he 0-4 and botching shit in the field when the Yanks were facing elimination?

Rivera's a part of this loss as well, just a lesser part. Of course, a lesser loser is still a loser.

Well I think this thread makes it official...Yankee fans are spoiled brats.

OMG WE DIDN'T WIN A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RELEASE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Jeter isn't clutch because of one game? Hi-fucking-larious.

Guest Anglesault
Why hasn't anyone blamed David Wells?

The man got hurt. He's had bad back for years now. I'm not holding that against him.

Guest Anglesault

In the one game that mattered he went 0-4 wth an error.

Well unless the definition of clutch got changed when i wasn't fucking looking, it means to come through when it matters the most.

Game 6 mattered the most.

Jeter didn't come through.

Through that simple equation, it means that Jeter was not clutch, especially not during this series.

As for the spoiled brats comments, I'll say it again:

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a person who will never win a fucking thing in their goddamn life.

Guest Anglesault

Weaver got into one game, and while he arguably cost the Yankees that game, to say he cost the Yankees the entire series is just silly.

He doesn't blow that game, we play tomorrow.

One more time for all the Yankee fans....

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad.

Guest Anglesault

I had actually forgotten what it was like to root for a failure.

(Horrible 80's flashbacks)

::weeps uncontrollably::

:lol:

So that reverses everything else he's done for the Yankees? Beautiful. Fuck I hate Jeter and I'm defending him.

Oh and a completely seperate note...BYE BYE ROCKET!!! Good riddance you fat fuck. Dave Stewart is yo daddy!

How's this for fun:

Since the millenium has turned, anything I've offered support for has lost.

I guess I should change my avatar back to failure.

Not just for the sports stuff, but for a billion other reasons.

He doesn't blow that game, we play tomorrow.

And if the Yankees could have gotten one hit with runners in scoring position tonight, you're playing tomorrow. But Weaver has to be the scapegoat, so we'll simply forget that fact.

Guest Anglesault

:lol:

So that reversees everything else he's done for the Yankees. Beautiful. Fuck I hate Jeter and I'm defending him.

Oh and a completely seperate note...BYE BYE ROCKET!!! Good riddance you fat fuck. Dave Stewart is yo daddy!

Hey, I love the guy for all he's done over years, but this is 2003. And in 2003, he failed us, and failed us big time.

No one is letting the entire team off the hook. All of them, even Mariano Rivera, are failure.

However, certain people, such as Weaver, Soriano, Jeter, Giambi, and Boone, among others, are bigger failures then others.

The whole team failed. It was a complete team failure.

Just that some people are bigger parts of that failure then others.

Guest Anglesault

How's this for fun:

You know we're gonna get the "you should be happy they made it this far": speech, right?

How's this for fun:

You know we're gonna get the "you should be happy they made it this far": speech, right?

No.

With the public goal of the Yanks being World Series champs or bust, plus the posts we've made since the finale of the failure, I doubt anyone's going to lay that upon us.

Guest Anglesault
I love Josh Beckett. I'll say that until the day he retires...and beyond.

Until he rips your heart out when it matters the most.

I shall laugh a hearty laugh when that happens.

I was kind of hoping the Yankees would win, mostly because of my hatred of Jeffrey Loria, but now I'm glad they lost.

I can understand being upset that they didn't win a series that they should have, but talk about ungrateful. Every fan of 28 other teams would give anything to be in your place right now, and you're blaming the loss on some pitcher who gave up 1 hit the whole series. Shit, you don't deserve a team with 26 World Championships.

From Moneyball, pg. 203:

Billy (Beane) didn't have much interest in Jeff Weaver (at $2.4 million a year, pricey) but he knew that Yankees would , and he had long coveted the Yankees' only young, cheap, starting pitcher, Ted Lilly (as good as Weaver, in Billy's view, and a bargain at $237,000). He sent Carlos Pena to Detroit for Weaver, then passed Weaver to New York for Lilly plus a pair of the Yankees' hottest prospects. Somehow, in the bargain, he als extracted from Detroit $600,000. When Yankees GM Brian Cashman asked him how on earth he'd done that, Billy told him that it was "my brokerage fee."

588427own3d(28).jpg