Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Guest Choken One
The whole GBA thing is old...

Game Boy Advance?

Seriously, what?

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I could tolerate it post 9/11 but it's been two seasons past and I think they should shelve it unless they actually did this pre-9/11 which I dont think they did.

Guest Anglesault
does Zimmer even have a title? I mean...is he even on the payroll?

No, he uses his stealth training to sneak into the dugout everyday, and since he knows 76 ways to kill a man, no one removes him.

Edited by Anglesault

SORRY

Like I said, I don't have the advantage of TV and comp in same room, hence why it's hard for me to keep up on the game

But yes, I miss the joviality of TMOTTBG (see, acronyms aren't always your friend)

does Zimmer even have a title? I mean...is he even on the payroll?

No, he uses his stealth training to sneakinto the dugout everyday, and since he knows 76 ways to kill a man, no one removes him.

Don Zimmer: Gerbil Ninja

Guest Anglesault
Willis is finally effective in the post season

His Retard kick has them caught off guard.

been a decent game too bad no one saw it

I've watched part of it tonight, but I only plan on really watching Game 3 to see Josh.

Guest Anglesault

Anyone else think that when MamaUrbina and PapaUrbina were getting ready to name their bouncing bundle of joy they just reached into the scrabble bag and grabbed a handful of letters?

Edited by Anglesault

Anyone else think that when MamaUrbina and PapaUrbina were getting reading to name their bouncing bundle of joy they just reached into the scrabble bag and grabbed a handful of letters?

His brother has all U's for initials too. Weird people.

Guest Anglesault

Oh well.

::watches Yankee haters dance::

They did lose game 1 to the Twins and The Sawx.

Yes, but it's also easier to win three out of six than four out of six.

Go Marlins!

Oh well.

::watches Yankee haters dance::

Sadly, I don't think many Yankee haters even care anymore.

The playoffs were so awesome that the World Series not only seems anti-climactic, but lacking any kind of - you know, interesting hype. It sucks, but it's the truth. I know I couldn't care anymore - which is sad, considering how hyped I was for the rest of the playoffs.

Let's go Marlins. I hate Yankees. Blah, blah - but like the rest of the country, excluding Yanks and Marlins(all true 100 of them) fans, I just couldn't give a damn.

Guest Anglesault

Yes, but it's also easier to win three out of six than four out of six.

What's that?

The playoffs were so awesome that the World Series not only seems anti-climactic, but lacking any kind of - you know, interesting hype.

"Wah! We don't get our Apocalyptic World Series Wah! Fuck the Yankees! Fuck The Billy Goat! Fuck Babe Ruth!"

Without mentioning the utter lunacy of the idea that a team is cursed by a farm animal, (oops) I'd like to remind everyone that you could have had your precious Cubs-Sawx.

It was right there. You could litterally taste it. "Five outs a way"

And guess what?

THEY BLEW IT.

It's not Steve Bartman's fault. It's not Babe Buth's fault. It's not a goat's fault. It's the Red Sox and The Cubs, who are so god damned obsessed with failure that they can't even hold slam dunk leads. It isn't "wow, The Sox/Cubs are off to the Series", it's "What on earthj is gonna go wrong next?" Then This whole curse bullshit turns into a self fulfilling prophesy and The Cubs and the Sox fuck themselves over.

So now that people can't have their precious Sox/Cubs series (Which had no appeal for me) They have decided to totally ignore what is sure to be a damned good series between two damned good teams.

Sad, really.

Er....you love to put words in people's mouths, don't ya?

Never cried about not having the apocalyptic World Series. Sure, it would have been nice, but it's not happening. What I DON'T like though is that, out of 4 possibilities, this was the worst combination.

Sox/Cubs - The most interesting and entertaining one, in my opinion.

Yankees/Cubs - The Evil Empire Powerhouse vs. America's Underdog team. Can Chicago end decades of suffering for their fans?

Sox/Marlins - Can the Sox break the curse of the Bambino? Or will they choke again against the Marlins?

Yankees/Marlins......I don't see a story. Wait, here we go. The Team Nobody Likes vs. The Team Nobody Cares About. There we go.

To be fair, you can't deny that compared to the craziness of Cubs/Marlins, and the insanity and excitement of Sox/Yankees, that this is kind of a letdown. Hell, it might be a good series - but so was Angels/Giants. And nobody gave a fuck about that either.

It's sad. Agreed. But that's the way it is. I don't have sour grapes about the Cubs and the Sox losing - but I can't fake enthusiasm for a series that doesn't have a story and that Fox or Major League Baseball doesn't even look like it cares about.

<cut stuff about the curses>

Well, I can't speak for the majority of Sox fans, but being one myself, I don't put any stock into it. Poor management and playing has cost them in the past, and it cost them in game 7 by not yanking Pedro early in favor of Timlin, who showed he could hold his own against Yankee bats the entire series.

So, as a Sox fan (also a Reds fan to note, but that ain't important now, except for the Arron Boone thing), I fall back on the only other thing I got: Rootin' against the Yanks

Guest Anglesault

<cut stuff about the curses>

Well, I can't speak for the majority of Sox fans, but being one myself, I don't put any stock into it. Poor management and playing has cost them in the past, and it cost them in game 7 by not yanking Pedro early in favor of Timlin, who showed he could hold his own against Yankee bats the entire series.

As did Wakefield.

And honestly, The Curse of the Bambino is at least a little easier to swollow, because damnit, some things are too bizarre, and, of course, the time line matches up

As for the Goat

How exactly did an event from 1945 explain problems that started almost 40 years earlier?

Yankees/Marlins......I don't see a story. Wait, here we go. The Team Nobody Likes vs. The Team Nobody Cares About. There we go.

angle: Best Team in AL plays best team in NL.

Novel concept

Novel concept

Can easily be disputed considering both teams had to go to Game 7 with their opponents, suggesting that they may NOT be the best teams in their leagues.

And again, Angels vs. Giants last year supposedly had the Best team in the NL vs. the Best team in the AL angle. And how well did that do ? And how much did you care ?

Sure, it's a concept. Just not a very good one. Not when it's been the same way for decades and decades - and features two teams from the East Coast, one of which has only a few thousand actual fans.

But wait, I'm overlooking the fact that the YANKEES ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE !!! WOOOO!!! :headbang: That completely overshadows the fact that this is a series with no story, and the least amount of fanbase out of the four combos.

Well, I wasn't near my computer for the game so I couldn't post.

To make a long story short, this is what is going to happen all series. I have total faith in the Marlins to totally dismantle the Yankees. The Marlins BLEW so MANY opportunities tonight and still got the job done. This is their series to lose. I wasn't nearly this confident about the first two series. They are just THAT MUCH better than the Yankees. As much as the NY fans will refuse to believe it....

Penny was on for awhile, and the Willis just shut the door (sans the HR). Redman is one of the Marlins best pitchers this whole year, hope Pettite has his A game tomorrow, or they will be going back to Florida down 0-2.

Side conversation here, but you know another possible "curse" I think that gets undersold?

The "curse" of the Black Sox

The White Sox won the WS twice in the early 1900's, then after the Black Sox scandal didn't see the postseason again for 40 years (one year longer than that other Chicago team's time during their longest postseason drought), and then spaced 24 years before it saw the postseason again.

Granted, they never had any major postseason collapses, although I imagine a couple years ago when they had the best record in the AL and promptly got swept by Seattle was rather disheartening.

Again, I don't put much stock into "curses"... I mean, Anaheim was a historically unlucky franchise too (1982, 1986, 1995), and they got theirs finally

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I belive the White Sox curse is actually the "Curse of the Suck". That's why we call them the White Sux.

note: I am a lifelong Sox fan.

Guest Anglesault

Novel concept

Can easily be disputed considering both teams had to go to Game 7 with their opponents, suggesting that they may NOT be the best teams in their leagues..

Then who is?

BTW, the Yankees, by virtue of having the best record, were, indeed, the best team in the AL.

They reaffirmed that by winning the AL championship.

But wait, I'm overlooking the fact that the YANKEES ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!! THAT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE !!! WOOOO!!!

Well, the Cubs have been in the world series...as have the Marlins, and hey, lookie, the Sox as well.

Maybe all four should have forfeited ther spots to Tampa and Colorado.

And according to my "Gone "fishin'" pullout, the storyline is "the classic match of the haves and the have nots."

Take it for what it's worth.

As for Anaheim and San Fran, well, can you get behind a team that wave red dildos :)