TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

ROH/All Japan Supershow Set For Dec. 27th In PA

Choice lineup, Styles-Hayashi could be really swank if Hayashi brings the working boots. Methinks that we're gonna see Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe for the title as well, which would be great. Should be an incredible show.

Guest OSIcon

An additional update from Gabe at the ROH message board:

"Ring Of Honor is proud to announce that it will promote a supershow with All Japan Pro Wrestling on December 27th in Philadelphia, PA for "Final Battle 2003" at the Pennsylvania National Guard Armory. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster with VIP seats available at RFVideo.com or by calling 215-891-9404.

In addition to "Final Battle 2003" that night, there will be a special fan convention in the afternoon where you can meet the All Japan and ROH stars!!! In addition to the meet and greet, ROH will present a special convention card. This card will feature some big names and top talent. The best part is that the price of admittance for the afternoon convention will just be the price of one autograph ticket! That means for a low price, which will be announced soon, you will get to meet an All Japan superstar and see quality matches with top talent. We will announce the time, matches and prices in the near future.

That night at 7:30pm the All Japan/ROH Supershow will start. The following interpromotional matches have been announced:

-The Great Muta & Arashi defend the All Japan Tag Titles vs. The Prophecy of Chris Daniels & Dan Maff with Allison Danger

-Homicide vs. Satoshi Kojima

-AJ Styles vs. Kaz Hayashi

-CM Punk & Colt Cabana vs. Tomoaki Honma & Kazushi Miyamoto

In addition to these great matches much more will be signed for both "Final Battle 2002" and the afternoon convention card with ROH world champion Samoa Joe, ROH tag team champions Izzy & Dixie, "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Xavier, Matt Stryker, John Walters, BJ Whitmer, Backseat Boyz, The Carnage Crew, Justin Credible, Special K, Slyk Wagner Brown & April Hunter plus more!!!

Get your tickets now and be part of a wrestling fan's dream day!!!"

Glad to see that the rumored line up is confirmed. I really think they did the best job they could in finding the right match ups. The Turmeric Storm/Second City Saints match isn't something I would think of, but should be real solid.

I am glad to see Danielson not in an interpromotional match. A Dragon/Kaz match would have been good, but I like the idea of him being saved for one of the ROH matches. I agree that a Joe/Danielson title match seems likely and would really help to fill out the card. Throw in a Stryker/Whitmer FOH final and a couple of other ROH-only matches and that card looks really strong.

The convention sounds cool, although I have no idea what this "convention card" will be. Should make for a packed day, though...

Guest OSIcon
I'm guessing the convention card will be that show's showcase card, with possibly some of the lower-card talent getting a chance to face some of the All Japan talent.

Gabe posted a breif update over at the ROH board. The convention card won't be a showcase card. He said it will be a mini-card of about five matches with some top names and big matches. I would imagine Special K will defend the tag titles on that card since there are already two tags on the main card (and one is a title match). I would think and hope the ROH Title would still be defended on the main show.

Also said that the cost will be five dollars to the convention and it will start somewhere around 2 or 3 PM. All of the AJPW guys will be there to sign autographs and some ROH wrestlers will be there. Most of the ROH wrestler autographs will be free with the purchase of your ticket, but the AJPW polaroids/autographs will cost an amount that isn't known right now.

Five dollars for five matches and some autographs isn't bad at all....