TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

"Fake Emotion" - FFX-2

Guest Sakura

I don't know. Lost track. Probably like 8 or 10. I know I've beat VII more, but I can't remember how many times I've beaten that too(probably like 10 or 12). It only takes a few days.

But still...uh I dunno I cant really talk when I consider the sick amount of time I put into some games, just never RPG's. Usually finish them once and maybe once more a year after if I forgot something in the story.

I don't know. Lost track. Probably like 8 or 10. I know I've beat VII more, but I can't remember how many times I've beaten that too(probably like 10 or 12). It only takes a few days.

:( Shit....

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT~!

...if you love that game and have only beaten it so little, I must secretly worship this game in the dark recesses of my mind.

I've beaten that game 30 times... Start to finish...

*weeps*

I know your opinion is set in stone about the newer ones, but I believe you said yourself that the NES titles (and even the Origins upgrades) were unplayable today, or at least one of them was.

They're not unplayable. I just played through FF and FF II(the Origins versions) the other day.

They're just not as good. The newer FF games are like so cinematic and are just like an experience. The earlier ones are just generic games.

*addition to Sakura's post*

in my opinion!

I thought MGS2 was the best game of 2001. Even better than FFX.

I like Squall because of the story. I really get into it. I played through it again last week for the millionth time and was still all emotional about some scenes. He always looks so sad and alone. I feel bad for him and really like seeing Rinoa and his friends help him. It's the best story in a game like ever.

It makes me sad when people hate on the game and Squall. :(

I figured out what your problem is. You suck at video games. You just look for the easiest game possible to play..which is why you like so many clickable movies. You've said it yourself before...you don't play hard games.

Guest Sakura

It's good to see you figured out what my "problem" was. I didn't even know I had a "problem"? What exactly is the problem? Liking FF VIII? That sounds like a huge problem. Thank Joss you're here to fix it.

But yeah, I think you're on to something. It's not that FF VIII has this story and cast of characters that I love....it's that it's not hard. That must be it.

It rules how much of a hypocrite you are. How can you go around criticizing me for not adding "IMO" and "thinking too highly of myself" when you post blatantly condescending garbage like this?

BTW, I'm still waiting for a reply in the SC II thread. I asked for you to quote me and you just no sold.

It's good to see you figured out what my "problem" was. I didn't even know I had a "problem"? What exactly is the problem? Liking FF VIII? That sounds like a huge problem. Thank Joss you're here to fix it.

But yeah, I think you're on to something. It's not that FF VIII has this story and cast of characters that I love....it's that it's not hard. That must be it.

It rules how much of a hypocrite you are. How can you go around criticizing me for not adding "IMO" and "thinking too highly of myself" when you post blatantly condescending garbage like this?

BTW, I'm still waiting for a reply in the SC II thread. I asked for you to quote me and you just no sold.

Yep no selling is my thing....get over it.

And what the hell does Joss mean? Is that like Hoss?

And yes I'm not the only one that notices you run around posting your opinion like fact. Andrew obviously notices it to. You don't have to add IMO but the way you say things is like "It's a good game....PERIOD." You don't seem to leave any room for debate.

And like I told chave...yep hypocrisy's a bitch...but whatcha gonna do?

Back to FF X-2.....after playing a bit of it, I must say that the battle system is way too fast. I'm sure if I would've started from the beginning, I would say different.

Heh...quoting myself. Whatever. Anyway, I played more of it today, and I'm starting to get used to the speed. The first battle was like, insane, because I wasn't used to it. But, it just takes getting used to.

And Squall is hotter than Sephiroth. Sephiroth looks weird and evil. Squall is actually the best guy in all of games, if you ask me. I love him. He's the best.

*fangirl taking over...sane folks stay away* He was TOTALLY the first bishonen I fell in love with! The intro vid got me hooked, and was the main reason I got a PS1, and got hooked on the series.

Once you got past the looks of the bishies, the FF8 storyline was something I really enjoyed. I just recently beat the game...again. That's, like, the fifteenth time, I believe. And, ya know, Rinoa was cute the first time, but on the second play, I'm like 'ugh! go away, bitch!' She's REALLY annoying.

Now Xenogears, there's a game that had 2341208432104 too many cut scenes so don't complain about Final Fantasy X until you try that. Actually out of most games I've played FFX had some of the best cut scenes (speech did help). MGS2 did have way too many cut scenes and the plot in them was so ridiculous I mean c'mon:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

The Illuminati controlling everything, know how everyone was going to react the whole game through. That's one step short of everything being a dream in the easy way out of having to explain things properly options.

Guest Sakura
and what the hell does Joss mean? Is that like Hoss?

And yes I'm not the only one that notices you run around posting your opinion like fact. Andrew obviously notices it to. You don't have to add IMO but the way you say things is like "It's a good game....PERIOD." You don't seem to leave any room for debate.

And like I told chave...yep hypocrisy's a bitch...but whatcha gonna do?

Joss is god.

I don't leave room for debate? Uh, ok. I talk about why I like my games constantly. How many times now have I explained my love of FF VIII and other games I like? You guys are constantly hating on my stuff and trying to invalidate what I say, so none of you should complain about not accepting other's opinions.

In this thread I say X-2 is GOTY and that KOTOR is not as good and it's like....OMG WHAT A BITCH. BAH GAWD WHAT A JEZABEL.

Then you go and rant about how I only like FF VIII because I suck and how it's a problem. Apparently that's fine.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Guest FrigidSoul

For all the shit MGS2 gets I still find it had some of the most fun ways of killing somebody. Nothing beats stuffing a body into a locker and then riddling said locker with bullets

Guest Sakura
Rinoa was cute the first time, but on the second play, I'm like 'ugh! go away, bitch!' She's REALLY annoying.

Yeah, she is, but I like that. They are like total opposites. Squall is so cold and anti-social, yet she is so lively and always wants to cling to him. It's funny how Squall is so inclosed and dense he can't see how obvious it is Rinoa wants him.

I fall into that "hated FF8 group" myself.

First, I hated the concept of "drawing" magic, too time consuming even for a f'kin console RPG

And then the salary system... what the hell? I always heard people telling me "Now it's finally like real life: No more monsters unfathomably carrying currency around." ...except that it's a game... I don't want real life invading my games, dammit.

Besides, what the hell job pays you to run around aimlessly in a field waiting for your next paycheck to come rolling in? Maybe a farmer, but even then you still have to produce something

If I wanted a game like real life, I'd go play, I dunno, Wall Street Kid or something like that...

Guest FrigidSoul
And then the salary system... what the hell? I always heard people telling me "Now it's finally like real life: No more monsters unfathomably carrying currency around." ...except that it's a game... I don't want real life invading my games, dammit.

Besides, what the hell job pays you to run around aimlessly in a field waiting for your next paycheck to come rolling in? Maybe a farmer, but even then you still have to produce something

I know in real life when I take about 2000 steps my pockets mysteriously fill with cash...I don't know what you people are doing wrong

Guest Sakura
First, I hated the concept of "drawing" magic, too time consuming even for a f'kin console RPG

I find the junction system makes the game a lot less time consuming than most other RPGs. Since your level doesn't matter you can get great stats just by drawing the right stuff and have to fight minimal random battles. When I play I can go through a lot of disc 2 and all of disc 3 and 4 without doing random battles yet still have powerful stats. That rules.

Rinoa was cute the first time, but on the second play, I'm like 'ugh! go away, bitch!' She's REALLY annoying.

Yeah, she is, but I like that. They are like total opposites. Squall is so cold and anti-social, yet she is so lively and always wants to cling to him. It's funny how Squall is so inclosed and dense he can't see how obvious it is Rinoa wants him.

No, no, it's just her liveliness. It's just her....hmm, what's the word?....dumbness. It was annoying the way she tried to center the story around herself. Like, during the Sorceress mission at the end of the first disc, she's all 'let's sit down and discuss this!' Um, hello?! Plus, there's no way Quistis, a trained SeeD would suddenly leave her mission to go apologize to Rinoa Nor is it plausible that Quistis's team could get locked in the room TWO SECONDS AFTER RINOA JUST LEFT.

*pant, pant* Must resist going on a rant.

Guest FrigidSoul

I find the junction system makes the game a lot less time consuming than most other RPGs. Since your level doesn't matter you can get great stats just by drawing the right stuff and have to fight minimal random battles. When I play I can go through a lot of disc 2 and all of disc 3 and 4 without doing random battles yet still have powerful stats. That rules.

damn whipper snappers now-a-days not wanting to work for their stats. I remember back in myyyyy day we use to walk uphill for 3 days killing slimes, and all we had to do it with was an 8gp Club!

Guest Sakura
Plus, there's no way Quistis, a trained SeeD would suddenly leave her mission to go apologize to Rinoa

Yeah! That IS ridiculous. It's so groan worthy.

Quistis being 19 is weird. She acts like she is way older than that.

For all the shit MGS2 gets I still find it had some of the most fun ways of killing somebody. Nothing beats stuffing a body into a locker and then riddling said locker with bullets

Yeah, but most of the game's real fun ended after you took control of Raiden.

*pant, pant* Must resist going on a rant.

Please Yuna, go right ahead. It's cool. ^_^

I did forget to mention the junction system in my previous rant too... trying to figure out whether it was better to meld deity A with random character B or clichéd warrior #3 was too much for me

although, by my own admittance, my amount of free time and patience have steadily dwindled down over the years, while in the mid-90's you almost never saw me playing anything but console RPGs, now I've shifted more over to the "quicker high" of action games and FPS.

Although I do like the recent slew of PC DnD games (BG series, NWN)

damn whipper snappers now-a-days not wanting to work for their stats. I remember back in myyyyy day we use to walk uphill for 3 days killing slimes, and all we had to do it with was an 8gp Club!

:lol: :lol:

My strategy is to draw for quite a few battles on the first disc, then, once you learn the Card and Card Mod abilities, never draw again. It's really easy, if you're a good card player.

although, by my own admittance, my amount of free time and patience have steadily dwindled down over the years, while in the mid-90's you almost never saw me playing anything but console RPGs, now I've shifted more over to the "quicker high" of action games and FPS.

Replace "FPS" with "fighters" and you basically have my situation, I suppose. Yet I still can enjoy the old-school RPGs like Phantasy Star, Lunar, and Chrono Trigger, so go fig.

Well, there were exceptions, like the "tape down the turbo fire button while the raft went around in circles, winning the battles and leveling you up" trick from FFVI.

Since I don't want to make another thread for it, I'll simply ask it here... does anyone want me to type up the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children article in the mag? If I had a scanner, I'd totally scan the pics of Cloud and Sephiroth. Gah...they're so hot! And realistically-bishy looking!

Ahem. Anyway. I think the most intrigueing part of the article is that FF7: Advent Children isn't a game.

Since I don't want to make another thread for it, I'll simply ask it here... does anyone want me to type up the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children article in the mag? If I had a scanner, I'd totally scan the pics of Cloud and Sephiroth. Gah...they're so hot! And realistically-bishy looking!

Ahem. Anyway. I think the most intrigueing part of the article is that FF7: Advent Children isn't a game.

That's a bit more bishonen love than I can handle

But seriously, f you're gonna take the effort to type up the article, I'd say make it a new thread

Guest Sakura
Well, there were exceptions, like the "tape down the turbo fire button while the raft went around in circles, winning the battles and leveling you up" trick from FFVI.

I never got that. Why would you WANT to level up then? It's not like the world of balance is hard and at that point you have no espers...therefor no level up bonuses.

I never got that. Why would you WANT to level up then? It's not like the world of balance is hard and at that point you have no espers...therefor no level up bonuses.

Me neither, because I personally never did that trick, but one major reason not to is the lack of Esper bonuses.

Replace "FPS" with "fighters" and you basically have my situation, I suppose. 

I've never been good at or big on fighters, personally... first off, as someone who has been a wrestler and been involved with "competition," so to speak, it seems so much easier to rip actually rip a guy's head off in person rather than in game form when you have to press "down, down, toward, down, quarter-circle forward, 360 circle around, yank joystick out, put it back in, masturbate on the machine, fierce punch, high kick, urinate, left, right, left, right, B, A, start" in order to do the same thing, and if you don't input the commands just right, you get nothing...

Maybe I'm just uncoordinated though... it seems like combos are nigh impossible for me to get a hang of, and an expert arcade fighter lives and dies by combos.

Yet I still can enjoy the old-school RPGs like Phantasy Star, Lunar, and Chrono Trigger, so go fig.

Okay, that I can agree with, I can still play those, but then again, compared to 32-bit RPGs and beyond, those are hardly time consuming at all (to me)