TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

The World Wide Filth angle

Does anyone know why the WWF ran that angle during late 1999 where this guys would walk through the crowd, holding up this sign that said, "WWF is immoral" & "World Wide Filth"? Didn't it have something to do with Phil Mushnick or the PTC? I never knew what that angle came from.

I'm not talking about the RTC. I'm talking about the brief angle they ran late 1999 where this guy in the crowd carried an anti-WWF sign, saying that the WWF was immoral filth.

Guest Choken One

Yeah...It was just WWE mocking the PTC as well.

They dropped it after a week after I believe PTC bitched.

Guest DR PHIL

I believe the guy was david koechner, a comedian of SNL fame.

I remember him protesting the use of godfather's ho's.

Does anyone know why the WWF ran that angle during late 1999 where this guys would walk through the crowd, holding up this sign that said, "WWF is immoral" & "World Wide Filth"? Didn't it have something to do with Phil Mushnick or the PTC? I never knew what that angle came from.

Wasn't that when Dustin Runnels (Goldust) was doing his whole religious gimmick? I definitely remember him walking around the crowd with signs.

Wasn't that when Dustin Runnels (Goldust) was doing his whole religious gimmick? I definitely remember him walking around the crowd with signs.

No, he held signs of "He's Coming Back."

Which led to a feud with Val Venis...Val once holding a sign that said "I have Come"

And eventually, led to Goldust returning...with Runnels giving this classic line. "I told you he was coming back"...then Goldust's music hitting.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

No, he held signs of "He's Coming Back."

Which led to a feud with Val Venis...Val once holding a sign that said "I have Come"

And eventually, led to Goldust returning...with Runnels giving this classic line. "I told you he was coming back"...then Goldust's music hitting.

I found that whole angle very strange. Dustin starts using those signs after he burns the Goldust outfit, and talking about God.

Speaking of the PTC, can someone post a transcript of the Rock's debate with Bozell.