TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

BATMAN casting

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

A report on casting for Nolan's BATMAN has been posted on aintitcoolnews.com The details are as follows:

- Anthony Hopkins is being approached for Alfred Pennyworth

- Morgan Freeman is being approached for an unknown "doctor/scientist" role

Likely the doctor is Dr. Harris Blaine; a black scientist who aided batman in his quest to stop Ra's in the 70's comics. he was killed off in SON OF THE DEMON.

Guest FrigidSoul

This movie franchise hasn't been any good since Michael Keaton stopped being Batman. LET IT DIE

this one has a better director than Schumacher, a better writer than what's-her-name, a guy who, IMO, is MUCH better suited to play Batman than Kilmer or Clooney, I think you should give it a chance

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
This movie franchise hasn't been any good since Michael Keaton stopped being Batman. LET IT DIE

What about Batman: The Animated Series? Or the Animated movies? And the comics have been consistantly good for 30 years. Two movies were bad, that's all. Dude, stop talking out your ass. This looks like the first truly GREAT Batman film ever.

Hopkins does seem kind of wasted as Alfred unless the part is going to be expanded.

Freeman in this makes me practically giddy, though.

Guest FrigidSoul

What about Batman: The Animated Series? Or the Animated movies? And the comics have been consistantly good for 30 years. Two movies were bad, that's all. Dude, stop talking out your ass. This looks like the first truly GREAT Batman film ever.

Notice how I put two words in there that are pinnacle to my post "movie franchise". I didn't talk about the cartoons or the cartoon movies(which are still just longer cartoons in my book) or even the comic books.

I also remember the hype surrounding the last Batman movie "OMG, Alicia Silverstone, George Clooney, Ahnold, and Uma... this movie is going to so r0x0r!~"

In the end Governor Freeze and Poison Uma sucked doz nutz

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I remember nothing a poisonous bad buzz for Batman and Robin.

And the movie franchise cannot be seperated from it's brethran. Batman is a pop culture icon.

who said that? Everyone I know thought Arnold was a terrible choice as Freeze. Uma was kinda meh. I never thought it was going to be a great movie, nobody I know thought it was. So I don't know about the "this movie is going to so r0x0r!~" stuff you're talking about

Guest FrigidSoul

And the movie franchise cannot be seperated from it's brethran. Batman is a pop culture icon.

Access Hollywood, ET, other programing similiar to that along with 7-15 year old comic nerds said that.

There's also a thing known as sub categories. Live action movies are not comic books

Guest El Satanico

Access Hollywood, ET

Those shows treat any big movie like it's going to be the greatest movie ever made.

Paying attention to those shows hyping a movie will rot your brain.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Access Hollywood, ET, other programing similiar to that along with 7-15 year old comic nerds said that.

There's also a thing known as sub categories. Live action movies are not comic books

No you can't in this case. The movies will always just be interpretations of the comic books. If the comic books maintain solid intrest (which they do) then the character is still viable. Batman is the second most well known superhero (behind Supes) so it's safe to say that the damnd is still present and your impassioned cries to Let it Die, while moving, are totally irrelevent.

Oh and I laughed out loud for 30 seconds when you mentioned those as examples. Have you just started watching movies, or what? Have you figured out the ET and Access aren't legit sources for film criticism? They're tabloids on TV.

Guest El Satanico

Well if Morgan Freeman is going to do a supporting role, there's no reason why Sir Anthony wouldn't.

They need to cast a good Commisioner Gordon.

Dennis Quad is Commish Gordon. He seems like he'd do a pretty good job with it

Oh, got one more casting note that I got from a wrestling newsletter I subscribe to

In movie news... Adam Copeland (Edge) has reportedly

landed a role in the next Batman flick titled "Intimidation."

He will play a bad guy called Egghead. Production is

scheduled to start February, 2004 at the famous Pinewood

Shepperton Studios in England.

Guest FrigidSoul

Either way have fun wasting $10-15 at the theater for another shitty Bat-sequel. I'll spend my money on something better

Guest JMA

Personally, I prefer the animated series and movies to ANY past live-action Batman. I felt they captured the character better than the previous mediums. That being said, this movie is looking to be great. Nolan seems like he's a real fan of Batman.

Guest JMA
Either way have fun wasting $10-15 at the theater for another shitty Bat-sequel. I'll spend my money on something better

I don't really think it's a sequel. I believe it's a "reboot," if you will, of the franchise.

Guest Just J

This will be nothing like the others. This is basically starting over. This version is dealing with a much younger and darker Batman. Hell the fact that who's directing should tell you it will be nothing like the last series. I totally disagree. As of right now this movie looks to be excellent, but it could blow, I doubt it.

This movie will not suck. WB and TPTB are going to do things right for a change. Too much money is to be made for them to screw it up. Spider-Man made a ton for Sony and stayed mostly true to the comics. And everything I hear about this new flick is that it'll stay true to the comics. The other flicks were such rapid departures from the comics. I still shudder on how they dealt with Bane in B&R.

*Authors Note - I'm surprised this made any sense at all. One shouldn't post when Drinking. :)

Edited by Blue Bacchus

For once I agree with him, this movie looks great.

Hell, with Nolan directing, how could it be bad?

Guest Just J

For once I agree with him, this movie looks great.

Hell, with Nolan directing, how could it be bad?

Plunderin said "movie franchise". He wasn't talking about the other aspects of Batman.

I still say this flick is starting a new "franchise" for the box ofice.

Likely the doctor is Dr. Harris Blaine; a black scientist who aided batman in his quest to stop Ra's in the 70's comics. he was killed off in SON OF THE DEMON.

I don't understand this. Can't they just get the guy who played Alfred in the previous 4 movies and Birds of Prey (Michael Gough was his name?)?

Still, I shouldn't complain too much. At least the rumours (this time) point to good character actors, and not flavour-or-the-month names...

Guest Just J
Dennis Quad is Commish Gordon.  He seems like he'd do a pretty good job with it

Dennis Quad? Is he related to Triple H?

I don't get it. :huh:

Dennis Quad is Commish Gordon.  He seems like he'd do a pretty good job with it

Dennis Quad? Is he related to Triple H?

I don't get it. :huh:

He meant to say Dennis Quaid but said Quad. HHH=Quad Tear jokes.....get it.....

I don't understand this. Can't they just get the guy who played Alfred in the previous 4 movies and Birds of Prey (Michael Gough was his name?)?

Michael Gough is getting up there in age, and since this is a younger Batman, we need a younger Alfred. Plus, Ian Abercrombie (Army of Darkness, Seinfeld) played Alfred in Birds of Prey.

As for me, I don't really see Hopkins as Alfred or believe Edge playing Egghead unless its some sort of cameo/wink to the fans. I'd be more than happy with Freeman, though.