TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Details on the X division...um...thing

The X division thing that Michael Shane was talking about...

Where week 1 is a battle royal and they take the top five seeds.

Week 2 is 2 vs. 5 and 3 vs. 4

And week 3 is the first seed vs. the two winners in a three way...

anyway...here's who's in it:

The participants, announced by TNA are: Low Ki, Chris Sabin, The Fallen Angel, Sonjay Dutt, Johnny Storm, Sharkboy, Chad Collyer and a TNA newcomer to be announced on Monday

If Low Ki is going to be around all three weeks it could lead to some great stuff.

Guest Max Peter David

Pretty creative idea, and I mark for everyone of them but Shark Boy.

Guest PowerPB13

While my original line of thinking was for the entire Gateway Championship Wrestling roster to rent a bus and head down there to fill up that battle royal, I'd settle for just Matt Sydal participating. :)

-Patrick

Last Saturday in DeSoto: Kid Kash & Matt Sydal vs. Diamond Back Dingo & OuTtKaSt

gcwfright32.jpg

"The participants, announced by TNA are: Low Ki, Chris Sabin, The Fallen Angel, Sonjay Dutt, Johnny Storm, Sharkboy, Chad Collyer and a TNA newcomer to be announced on Monday..."

RAWK!

Now that Low Ki is supposedly gone from ROH, I am glad he will still be working with TNA, since I love him and stuff.

The Fallen Angel. C'mon. Nuff said.

The Dutt push continues. Nice.

Johnny Storm? He's SPOTASTIC!

Shark Boy. Yeah. I'm a shark mark. Sue me.

Chad Collyer RULES. He's like the second coming of Dean Malenko...my only fear is that he won't get the time he needs in TNA, to do his thing like he did in ROH.

As for the mystery guy, there are some great candidates...

A.J.?

Juvy?

Teddy Hart?

Viscera?

This should be great. And if Michael Shane can hang onto his title after this...I may go to the Asylum with a high powered rifle, with scope.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

What is Michael Shane's gimmick suppose to be in TNA anyway?

Depending on who's doing the carrying, that's not really always bad. Paul London wrote the book on carrying Shane...but unfortunately he took it to Velocity.

He had a decent match in his debut in TNA...and I liked his match with Daniels a couple weeks ago...but overall...

Well...he's pretty good at taking moves so that's part of the battle. His offense is just so blah. He's like Christian with forced charisma

Yeah, he's okay I guess. He's pretty good with the mic...but my complaint is that he's JUST okay, and there are SO MANY guys who are better than he is...WAY better...that deserve to be champ, not him.

I guess availability has a lot to do with it. TNA can't exactly give the X Division Belt to a guy who will be running off to Japan or Mexico with it every few weeks. I'll give Shane this much...he shows up every week.

Then again...so does Sabin dammit...and he RULES and stuff.

Maybe that's just how you make a modern day heel for the IWC.

Take a guy who should be better...put him against someone good...and let the lesser talent keep winning.

I know I dislike him...mainly because Sabin's title reign was STILL fresh when he lost it because Sabin is cool.

Good point. I didn't mind Shane not being great until he started getting such a huge push and beating guys like Sabin and Daniels...then I got pissy.

And yeah, was anybody tired of Sabin with the X Belt? I know I wasn't.

And really, if I'm happy, then everybody's happy. (smarkthink)

Ki? Rockin'.

Daniels? Super-rockin'.

Dutt? Aiight.

Sabin? Rockin'.

Sharky? Well, it's quite obvious to anyone who has sigs turned on how I feel about Shark Boy, so I won't get into this.

Collyer? Kewl. I'm surprised it took them this long to give Collyer a shot.

Mystery Guy? Well, as long as it's not someone awful or a stupid twist like it being Trinity in the lucha suit again, I don't care who it is, but hopefully it's either Teddy Hart, Juvi, or Kazarian (Who's solid enough, though he should be eliminated in round one).

I'll go out on my limb and say that the top 5 (which is important to the way it works) will end up being:

Ki, Daniels, Sabin, Dutt and the mystery guy.

Ki obviously couldn't be in the three way since he'd be in Japan, but he could put over Sabin or Daniels on the way out (in a hell of a match to boot).

Guest OSIcon

I don't completely understand TNA's insistance on using wrestlers, who may be good but aren't really high risk guys, as part of the X-Division. Collyer is good and all, but he doesn't fit the X-Division style at all. If people are getting over Michael Shane for being boring and not wrestling an X-Division style, then Collyer doesn't stand a chance.

I don't completely understand TNA's insistance on using wrestlers, who may be good but aren't really high risk guys, as part of the X-Division. Collyer is good and all, but he doesn't fit the X-Division style at all. If people are getting over Michael Shane for being boring and not wrestling an X-Division style, then Collyer doesn't stand a chance.

Ah...I can answer that one.

Some people in TNA have been trying for some time to make the X division into more wrestling and less spots.

When Sabin first won the title the first thing he did was have back to back good actual wrestling matches with London and Kazarian.

The Sabin/Juvi match from Super X was spotish but nowhere near as much as Juvi/Hart was.

The way they are building the division around Sabin, Shane and at least the WERE Kazarian and maybe Daniels...they can have X division matches that aren't just spotfests.

Collyer is on the show because he had a real good match with Sabin (that was clipped for Xplosion) and earned his spot. I have no doubt that they could throw Collyer and Sabin together and have a real good match...and at least someone in the booking commitee wants that.

People don't dislile Shane because he isn't high risk...they dislike him because his offense blows. Watching the 4 minute clipjob they left of Collyer/Sabin on Xplosion...Collyer's offense works with the style of X division they seem to be trying for. High impact, exciting in its own way without having to do flips stuff.

I'd prefer they do THAT as opposed to the all out spotfests...if only because the last year + has completely watered everything down.

If Styles gets moved to the X division...I'd expect the spots to get phased out even more. Styles hasn't done more than one big spot in a match since he became secure in his position...and I think he's gotten better because of it.

Low Ki is gone because he decided to stay in Japan well he isn't booked instead of wrestling his highly anticipated match with Homicide.

That's bad enough, but he never bothered to call ROH to tell them...and instead just posted a message on his own site informing his fans that he wouldn't be there.

There's a rumor that he didn't want to job...but I don't know how valid it is.

Well, nobody *really* knows. He pulled out of his big match with Homicide tonight, and Scherer floated something saying that Ki refused to job. Gabe then posted that the two companies had parted ways.

*Some* people, like myself, think it's a work to have a guy represent AJPW in their upcoming feud that can speak English. We'll see though.

I really wish, by the way, they'd try to use wrestlers like Collyer, Daniels, and Ki more in these matches. The greatest junior matches come out of these types of wrestlers, not spot machines. This tournament could be really great.

Well, nobody *really* knows. He pulled out of his big match with Homicide tonight, and Scherer floated something saying that Ki refused to job. Gabe then posted that the two companies had parted ways.

*Some* people, like myself, think it's a work to have a guy represent AJPW in their upcoming feud that can speak English. We'll see though.

Although most things in wrestling tend to turn out worked...I just can't believe they would do it like this.

I mean...that Ki/Homicide match was a HUGE match...and even though tonight's show is loaded...it's still shitty to pull it on a work...especially if RoH is in on it.

Well there's a reason the best match TNA has had in a long time was Styles/Ki NWA title match...until the sports entertainment finish.

I just think they panic about the X division and revert to spot matches instead of letting it evolve into a new identity.

Guest dvkorn

Just in regards to the Low Ki thing...

If anyone pulls out of a rather large match - up... then there will always be the rumour that they didn't want to job... even if it is totally not the case...

That is all...