TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The location of SummerSlam 2004 is...

Dave Meltzer has reported that WWE will be holding a press conference to announce that SummerSlam 2004 will be coming from Toronto.

I read reports a while back that WWE wanted to run a 'dome show' for SummerSlam as WMXX will obviously be from the smaller MSG. So I assume that it will be from Skydome but the question I wanted to pose is; even with business in Canada still pretty solid despite the decline elsewhere in North America, will they get the 68k fans needed to fill it!?!

Forget that, I wanna know when there's gonna be another PPV in Continental Arena in Jersey.....it's been years since the last one.

Same here... but, I'm going to Smackdown on Nov. 11 from Continental Airlines Arena, so that COULD be good, unless they pack the shows with interviews.

Forget that,  I wanna know when there's gonna be another PPV in Continental Arena in Jersey.....it's been years since the last one.

Same here... but, I'm going to Smackdown on Nov. 11 from Continental Airlines Arena, so that COULD be good, unless they pack the shows with interviews.

Really? I'm goin to the nov. 11 show too. I bought the tickets a few days ago on Ebay. Where are you sitting?

Guest Coffey

Canadian crowds always make the shows better, so I have no problems with this. If it holds true that is.

Yeah, I need to stick up for SS '02. Rey-Angle was a great opener, HHH-HBK was much better than I expected and I liked the Lesnar-Rock match too.

And if my memory serves me correctly, I believe the last PPV at Continental Airlines Arena in Jersey was KOR '01.

Yeah, I need to stick up for SS '02. Rey-Angle was a great opener, HHH-HBK was much better than I expected and I liked the Lesnar-Rock match too.

And if my memory serves me correctly, I believe the last PPV at Continental Airlines Arena in Jersey was KOR '01.

I thought SummerSlam 02 was great......plenty of good matches with awesome buildup.....very well done

Rey/Angle is one of my favourite openers, up there with Bret/Owen and (I think it was the opener) Juvi vs. Kidman at Bash at the Beach 98.

Edit: Juvi/Kidman was second match. Oh well, it was still awesome.

Is that gonna be the same weekend as the CNAnime convention?

If so, I want to see a war between otakus and wrestling fans

Guest ligerbomb03

I am definitely excited about the announcement next Wednesday. And I will be going to the Raw house show on Friday :cheers:

People that are into anime should be fucking shot. Fucking homos.

Some anime is not the schoolgirls with odd creatures. Those are the scary folks.

But back on the topic, I think

I know the WWE is doing poorly ticket wise and buy wise, but aren't they still selling out PPVs? I'd imagine the name "SUMMERSLAM" alone would get people to buy tickets.

I mean, why else does Wrestlemania clean up in sales? No one knows the card, they just buy for the name.

Summerslam, wherever it is, will sell very well. And if it doesn't....well, then might be the time for concern.

They didn't sell out SummerSlam this year until the last few days - and that was in an 18k arena. Skydome will seat 68k for a PPV...

Guest ligerbomb03

It's hard enough for WWE to sell out Raw and Smackdown here in Toronto these days.

SkyDome? You're kidding right?

That facility is OOOOOOOOOOOOLD and everyone sits so damn far away. What's the building they do Raw and Smackdown in regularly from Toronto? I think it's named after an airline or something?

But seriously, the old SkyDome needs some refreshing, but it's old and ugly and grey so nobody will sponsor it.

Air Canada Centre is the new arena in Toronto.

SkyDome's not a bad faciltiy for wrestling, either, just judging from watching it on TV. It's BIG, so they can have a big-ass extravagant set-up. It's not that old, either, it was finished in '89, and one problem it has in finding someone to sponsor it is that the Blue Jays are the main tenant, but the building is owned by someone else, so if the Jays don't really want to call it by the new name, then they won't. Also, they might have a hard time finding anyone willing to call it by it's new name, kind of like the Igloo/Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh.

If so, I want to see a war between otakus and wrestling fans

I bet the side without a social life wins.

Wait a minute... :huh:

Not really, because there are plenty of both who do and some people are both.

Anyway, being a wrestling fan in America is 20 times more shameful than even being an obsessive otaku.

Forget that,  I wanna know when there's gonna be another PPV in Continental Arena in Jersey.....it's been years since the last one.

Really? I'm goin to the nov. 11 show too. I bought the tickets a few days ago on Ebay. Where are you sitting?

I'm too lazy to go get the tickets for exact seating, but I believe I have lower level seats, which shouldn't be too bad depending on what side the camera's on.

It's hard enough for WWE to sell out Raw and Smackdown here in Toronto these days.

With the way the WWE treats the Canada fans and it's wrestlers I'm not shocked. I mean last time they were in Canada they had HBK ripped on the fans and then they had to turn Jericho heel. Add I don't think Benoit did much of anything or Lance Storm for that matter.