TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Ben Moody Walks Out of Evanescence

Early last month, Evanescence headed for Lisbon, Portugal, with spirits soaring. They were stoked about their successful European tour and excited to shoot a video for "My Immortal" in Barcelona on October 10. About two weeks later the bubble burst.

On the morning of an October 24 show in Berlin, guitarist and songwriter Ben Moody packed up his gear in a huff and flew home, the band's manager said without giving a reason for the departure. Moody co-founded the band with singer Amy Lee in the late '90s.

Shortly after Moody split, Lee told the British magazine Rock Sound, "You don't do that to your band. You wouldn't do that to your friends or your family. You don't do that to anyone."

Moody's future with Evanescence is unclear, their manager said, and the band has continued its tour with second guitarist John LeCompt handling all six-string duties.

It wasn't the first time this year Moody had problems in Deutschland. In June the group canceled a string of German shows because the guitarist fell ill. Lee first spoke about Moody's departure at a concert last week in Manchester, England. "Ben flew home, but we didn't want to let it cancel the tour again," she said, according to Rock Sound.

Evanescence's European tour runs through November 10 in London. The band will launch a North American tour on November 19 in Mexico City. Dates run through December 14 in Mississauga, Ontario. Three weeks later, the band will begin a tour of New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

Credit: MTV.com

Guest FrigidSoul

Now who will write the one sentence worth of lyrics in every song?! (provided that was a part of his "songwriter" title)

Guest JebusNassedar

If I wasnt a fat white guy, I'd be dancing like there's no tommorow.

Now all we need to do is hope for the band-splitting Chain Reaction. *crosses fingers*

Someone put a curse on Linkin Park, please!

I bet guys from Good Charlotte start leaving soon as well. They will get sick of Benji and Joel getting all the fame. Matter of fact, a few weeks back I saw them on TRL and this girl won tickets to their show. She runs up on stage, hugs the two brothers and totally ignored the other 2/3 guys in the band. The other guys just looked at each other. I almost felt bad for them. But, then I laughed.

And in true "we want to be Alice In Chains" fashion, Sully dies of a heroin OD.

In bad taste? Yep. Probably truthful? Yep.

Wow...a band that wants to be Lacuna Coil so bad has their songwriter split...and? Call me when Fred decides that Lethal, Sam, and John aren't needed, and then kills himself because his solo effort doesn't crack the Top 200.

And in true "we want to be Alice In Chains" fashion, Sully dies of a heroin OD.

Dude, you just KNOW that's what's going to happen. Sully'd probably give anything, life included, to mentioned in the same breath as Layne Staley.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Unlikely. He'll just keep on Going Away, with some boring drop d chuggery in the background. They'll make 6 albums, split due to fading sales and inner tensions, and Sully will record a solo cd based solely on Wicca, then become a fixture in VH1 segments.

Wow...a band that wants to be Lacuna Coil so bad has their songwriter split...and? Call me when Fred decides that Lethal, Sam, and John aren't needed, and then kills himself because his solo effort doesn't crack the Top 200.

Well, he won't kill himself.

He'll make one solo record that flops so badly that you see more copies in flea markets, Big Lots, and truck stops than anywhere else. Then, Fred will desperately try to extend his fifteen minutes by taking roles in really bad, straight-to-video movies, and making quite a few cameo appearances in sitcoms, with at least one run on a game show.

In between all of that, he'll be touring and playing VFW halls and backyard parties.

-Ben

Wow...a band that wants to be Lacuna Coil so bad has their songwriter split...and?

Exactly...who needs Evanesence when there already is Lacuna Coil. Who needs the cheap imitation when you can have the thirst quenching classic?

Steviekick Posted on Nov 4 2003, 11:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (CoreyLazarus416 @ Nov 4 2003, 12:59 PM)

Wow...a band that wants to be Lacuna Coil so bad has their songwriter split...and? 

Exactly...who needs Evanesence when there already is Lacuna Coil. Who needs the cheap imitation when you can have the thirst quenching classic?

and who needs Amy Lee when you have the infinite incredibility of Christina Scabbia ?!?

I agree with that. Few Evanescence songs I've heard were really annoying and whiney.

Steviekick Posted on Nov 4 2003, 11:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (CoreyLazarus416 @ Nov 4 2003, 12:59 PM)

and who needs Amy Lee when you have the infinite incredibility of Christina Scabbia ?!?

I think that if given the right promotion, Lacuna Coil could be huge. Very accessible and great. Everyone should listen to them.

Guest Doyo

I like both bands, mostly just because of their voices.

I'm guessing Amy and Ben used to go out and have broken up, and now he can't stand to be

around her with all the attention she gets.

12.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

Well, I'll give Ben two things:

1. He left Evanescense, possibly sensing that he knew the band would never be seen as more than nu-metal's Stryper.

2. He obviously likes the Evil Dead series, and nobody that likes those movies can be ALL bad.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
who?

Lacuna Coil or Evenessance.

Cuase Lacuna Coil is pretty damn good live

Lacuna Coil. They opened up for Type O Negative when I saw them. The vocals were tight, but the band was completely bored, and hardly seemed to be trying. Small venue, though, so I don't know..I'm not a huge fan in the first place, but I gave them a fair shot. She was the only thing that was really audible. All the instruments were pretty much just..there.

I would never go see Evanescence live, I can't stand that band.

who?

Lacuna Coil or Evenessance.

Cuase Lacuna Coil is pretty damn good live

Lacuna Coil. They opened up for Type O Negative when I saw them. The vocals were tight, but the band was completely bored, and hardly seemed to be trying. Small venue, though, so I don't know..I'm not a huge fan in the first place, but I gave them a fair shot. She was the only thing that was really audible. All the instruments were pretty much just..there.

I would never go see Evanescence live, I can't stand that band.

The band always plays like they're bored to death or something. They just like looking stoic.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It didn't seem fashionably bored, though, just like they weren't into it, and that's how it sounded.

*Bump*

I saw the new video for "My Immortal" this morning and the song isn't that bad, but damn Amy Lee is hot in this video. It's kind of like Christina A's new video. It's in black and white and Amy is wearing a skimping white dress/night gown and she's not all painted up with her gothic make up. She's stripped down to basics. There are some very sexy shots of her that I didn't expect her to do.

Amy Lee is dating Shaun Morgan of Seether.

Edited by Fear Havoc