TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

How do you...

I have a program called 'Windows Movie Maker' on my computer and, so far, I was able to figure out how to edit videos. But, I'm wondering...how do you make music videos with it [if you can, that is..]?

I have a program called 'Windows Movie Maker' on my computer and, so far, I was able to figure out how to edit videos. But, I'm wondering...how do you make music videos with it [if you can, that is..]?

There is an option to add music to the video. Check the help file.

yeah Movie Maker really sucks.

download Adobe, it's the best

or Flicker Free's VideoFramer is really easy to learn, i've done alot of music videos using this

I think I know where you're going with this, so I'm going to step in and kill your dream if I'm right:

If you want to sit and splice together a bunch of scenes from video games or anime to make music videos like you see on so many anime sites, you're going to have to get good and comfy with a complex editor like Adobe Premier or something.

I think I know where you're going with this, so I'm going to step in and kill your dream if I'm right:

If you want to sit and splice together a bunch of scenes from video games or anime to make music videos like you see on so many anime sites, you're going to have to get good and comfy with a complex editor like Adobe Premier or something.

Am I that easy to read? ^_^

Well, putting a bunch of clips together and running a song over it isn't that difficult, but it won't look that good. If you want nice transitions, video that's synched to the music (i.e.: Someone strums a guitar to the sound of guitar in the song, lip-synch lyrics, etc) you're going to have to become involved in the world of video editing.

I would reccomend looking up sites with bulletin boards full of people who do this kind of thing and look around for newbies asking for help. If you can't find any, post a help message yourself and see what happens. Chances are any decently-populated AMV board gets about 10 "help me start out" posts a week anyway.

That's about all I can suggest. Chances are you're going to have to go find a pirated copy of Adobe Premiere, since all the nice clean productions I've seen use that. I've seen vids done with other programs, but the transitions are almost always ugly and the result is a nasty poorly-timed DBZ blastfest set to something like Limp Bizkit. The AMV world has enough of those, thanks. :b

That's about all I can suggest for you. Coming here and asking about this kind of thing is like asking the Photoshop tech support line to teach you how to make art.