TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

DVD Department

If the WWE wants to get people like me to pay for their shows these days, it's not going to be through Raw and Smackdown, especially not at this rate. Currently, there are millions of WCW fans that evaporated after WCW dissolved that could still be sucked in by the correct promotional work and good historical DVDs of their favorite stars. Case In Point: The Ric Flair DVD.

I haven't preordered a DVD from the WWE ever before...hell, the last thing I ordered in advance in anticipation was WM X-7....it's been a long time. The DVD looks like a *great* piece of work, and I hope they promote the hell out of it, because Flair completists will be dying to get their hands on it. Dedicate a confidential to it, whatever, just do it. This is a huge source of revenue, and I think they are about to learn that. There is *so much* old-school gold in their posession, and if they would put more time into DVD production, they could pull in a lot more money.

Guest Choken One

Yep...

WWE realizes that the DVD market is their biggest market right now as they have unlimited material to work through.

Although if the DVD does continue to do as well as it's expected to...That severs the chances of the ALL WRESTLING CHANNEL.

Yep...

WWE realizes that the DVD market is their biggest market right now as they have unlimited material to work through.

Although if the DVD does continue to do as well as it's expected to...That severs the chances of the ALL WRESTLING CHANNEL.

Yeah, but the cost of running a TV network is very expensive. It's much easier to just release DVDs.

Guest Ray

I would LOVE to see more DVD's.

Imagine what they could do with all the footage...

They could do a "Best Cruiserweight Matches" DVD. Stick Liger/Pillman from Superbrawl 92, Rey/Ultimo from WW3, Taka/Sasuke from Canadian Stampede, and Rey/Guerrero from HH97 on it. I'd buy it just for those.

A best Raw matches DVD, best Smackdown matches DVD...

3 Disc Steve Austin career retrospective...best of Bret Hart...I'd kill to get these.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Its not that WWE has never seen the promise of the DVD library - it was one of the main negotiating points when purchasing WCW.

Its just that they have had to spend an awful lot of time and money (over $1m) in transferring all of the tape into their format and video library before any DVD's could be cut together etc.

It seems this has now been done and the WCW footage will be a lot more forthcoming in new DVD releases.