TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

So, I had a job interview today...sorta

I'm collecting unemployment, so I'm still getting some money coming in.

If I were to take the job, I wouldn't have much time (or possibly be able) to look for a better position.

Dames

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
You should be an NYC bus driver Dames, they make over $50,000 in their third year.

He can be the spanish equivalent of Ralph Kramden...except a lot skinner.

Anyone else get funny images of Dames in a Girl Scout uniform? LOL

Guest subliminal_animal

If you think that's funny, you should be starting a thread about your new job writing for a sitcom, or a thread about how you're really enjoying all the extra primetime network TV you've been getting to see since you got laid off.

Guest stardust
VS, what you have to understand (which I've recently learned) is that it doesn't matter what your degree is in...as long as you have one.

Most people do NOT have a career in what they've studied in...but they won't even consider you for a position unless you have that magical piece of paper.

Dames

That's one reason why I decided upon General Studies as a major--odds are I wouldn't have gotten a job in my actual major field, so why major in anything specific and instead just learn a bunch of different stuff and (hopefully) be more marketable. Hell, as long as I have that piece of paper saying I have my BA, that's all I care about. And I only have seven more months til I get that piece of paper. Woo!

If you think that's funny, you should be starting a thread about your new job writing for a sitcom, or a thread about how you're really enjoying all the extra primetime network TV you've been getting to see since you got laid off.

I would look horrible in a Girl Scouts uniform. I have hairy legs.

I actually watch the same amount of primetime network TV than I did when I was working. No, actually...less. Some of the shows I used to watch ended, such as Buffy.

As for becoming a bus driver, I need my license first and THEN I'd need to have a clean record for 3 years or so, so that's not happening any time soon.

Dames