TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

What "cena" thing do you like most

Why does he have to be a "wigger"? Because he listens to Hip Hop music and dresses urban? I'm like that too and i'm light skinned, so am i a wigger?

Anyway, the one I like the most is "ooo......kaaaaaay"

If you ACT like that all the time, then most likely YES... My comment may sound "ignorant", however considering that most white people who act that way know nothing about the urban "culture" and have only been influenced by it via MTV and the like, ARE wiggers, IMHO. They would not be able to fit in or even really survive in the real urban atmosphere. There's a line being street-wise, and being a poser...

Luckily, I feel there is hope. Even here in the midwest, there are many less people acting and dressing that way than a few years ago, so hopefully the trend is dying finally.

So uh, what would that make a black guy who dresses up in Docker pants, tucked in polo shirts, and talks properly?

I agree that some white people take the "genre" too far in how they act or dress, but I don't see a problem dabbling in it or even wearing the stuff on a regular basis and talking with a somewhat urban-influenced vocabulary, as long as they remember that they are in fact white. When they start busting out with the "My people been opressed..." speech, then they've gone too far.

I hate these stereotypes that come with a certain style of clothing, because if you wear something, you're automatically put into a category. For me, I like to mix it up. I may look somewhat preppy one day, scrubbing it the next, and then looking a little "G'ed up" the next. To some, that's a problem, because by doing so, I'm taking on muliple labels.

Bottom line, you should be able to wear what you like without having some moron label you as a wigger or a prep or a punk. Personally, I think those who limit themselves to one and only one style of clothing are somewhat one dimensional, because I find it hard to believe that anyone could only really like the way one definite style looks and hate the rest.

Guest Mercutio X. Machina

Agreed. Judging a book by its cover is wrong and it's been proven as wrong way too many times for people to still insist upon doing it.

So uh, what would that make a black guy who dresses up in Docker pants, tucked in polo shirts, and talks properly?

A Blacker? That would probably be the label for Carlton Banks and The Coach. Coach just doesn't sound right when he tries to act too black ("In....da HOUUUUUUUUUSSSSSE!").

Why does he have to be a "wigger"?  Because he listens to Hip Hop music and dresses urban?  I'm like that too and i'm light skinned, so am i a wigger? 

Anyway, the one I like the most is "ooo......kaaaaaay"

If you ACT like that all the time, then most likely YES... My comment may sound "ignorant", however considering that most white people who act that way know nothing about the urban "culture" and have only been influenced by it via MTV and the like, ARE wiggers, IMHO. They would not be able to fit in or even really survive in the real urban atmosphere. There's a line being street-wise, and being a poser...

So what you're saying is black people who are "urban" and listen to hip hop and are part of the "streets" and have lived through hard times are niggers? Since "wigger" is short for "white nigger," white people shouldn't try to act like a black person?

Why do people have to say "You're acting black!" as if black people act a certain way. I'm sorry that's a stereotype. I've never been told I'm "acting white" because white people don't all act the same. And black people don't all act the same. So I never understood "acting black".

Guest Besus

^Yeah man it is so stereotyping. Im sick of hearing people say "he acting black" or "you aint black" or "he wana be black".

I remember one time this white dude was sagging and His friend(which was white) went up to him and said pull your pants up you aint black. Thats straight up stereotyping.Blacks only can sag?

Guest Anglesault
^Yeah man it is so stereotyping. Im sick of hearing people say "he acting black" or "you aint black" or "he wana be black".

I remember one time this white dude was sagging and His friend(which was white) went up to him and said pull your pants up you aint black. Thats straight up stereotyping.Blacks only can sag?

In agree. "sagging" isn't just limited to blacks (or whites for that matter)

Idiots and morons of all colors do it.

The reason why blacks don't mind white people who show huge love for their culture and their life style is because they feel empowered by the following of the white men. If every other (or less) black person would mark out for Iron Maiden or wear KISS make-up for at least one halloween in their life time then I would understand the cross existing copy love between two races which now only exists 2 dimensionally. Now the reason why some white people dislike wiggers is actually kinda like the same story as why urban blacks dispise and make fun of suburban black folks.

I enjoy seeing Booker T having fun with his personafied roots, but for a guy who grew up in NYC, Cena will always be that miserable white guy who ditched metal concerts in order to see DMX sing about dog love and street life with the help from 7 male "back-up" singers.

Sagging isn't that big of a deal as long as it's not going to some extremes I've seen it go to in time. No need to look like Urkel, but no need to look like you're carrying around a load of poo-poo in your pants, either. A nice middleground works well.

The reason why blacks don't mind white people who show huge love for their culture and their life style is because they feel empowered by the following of the white men.

Empowered?

I think it's more likely that blacks are amused than empowered - they supposedly have an inferior culture than does "white America" and yet the children of white America spend most of their time and money trying to act and speak like the bruthas.

So it's amusing to them, probably on a couple levels.

Wiggers are amusing to me, on the "what a fucking embarrassment" level.

Cena's "You Can't See Me" hand gesture is definitely his best taunt, imo. Althought I see the "Word Life" bullhorn signal as his signature taunt. When Smackdown came up here in June, he was still an uber-heel and people all over the arena were doing the "Word Life" salute. I still prefer the "You Can't See Me" wave.

Guest JacK

Yeah, both are good, either way. It's fun to insinuate that peeps are below you though with the whole 'wave' thing.

Sometimes I can't help but do the "Word Life" hand gesture at school some days. It's weird I tell ya. But i'd go with the "You can't see me" taunt. But I do question something. Why did Cena shake Benoit's hand yesterday? Benoit can't see Cena..Cena mentioned it on Smackdown last week..what was he thinking!?