TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cherry Blossom Viscount

The One and Only Survivor Series Thread

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I can't believe Triple H is getting flack for his performance.  You are all seriosuly fucked in the head.  The guy laid down for Goldberg, what else do you want? They laid out the match PERFECTLY to accomodate GOLDBERG, hwo can anyone say Triple H was being selfish? He was simply following the fucking storyline by annihilating Goldberg for the whole match.  Remember, Goldberg had a broken fucking ankle...of course he;'d get dominated.

And I missed the Smackdown 10 man tag, but it seemed pretty blah to me from the onset.  RAW is totally the number one show by heads and shoulders.  Smackdown is no further now then when they were a year ago.  Even Eddie Guerrero seems boring to me.

What flack?

All people have said is "Did HHH put his shoulders up"...

Did that ruin the match? Really he SLIGHTLY inched his shoulder off the match, uh-oh, better deduct 3 stars.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
And I missed the Smackdown 10 man tag, but it seemed pretty blah to me from the onset. RAW is totally the number one show by heads and shoulders. Smackdown is no further now then when they were a year ago. Even Eddie Guerrero seems boring to me.

In total agreement with you here Banky. For a show supposedly dominated by HHH, EVERYONE is seemingly better off then they were last year.

At least Goldberg retained. Don't get me wrong. I KNOW there are other people who deserve that title more than Bill. But, the longer they keep it away from Lvesque, the happier I'll be.

Well, don't think of the title as being held by the champion. Think of it as being held by one of the handful of guys that Vince considers to be top stars. That's really all it is. There's no actual ranking system or earning your way to the title storyline-wise or actuality-wise. They'll put a token match or so where the champ defends against a jobber/midcarder, but typically that person has no momentum going in and nobody expects him to win.

Guest Askewniverse
I can't believe Triple H is getting flack for his performance.  You are all seriosuly fucked in the head.  The guy laid down for Goldberg, what else do you want? They laid out the match PERFECTLY to accomodate GOLDBERG, hwo can anyone say Triple H was being selfish? He was simply following the fucking storyline by annihilating Goldberg for the whole match.  Remember, Goldberg had a broken fucking ankle...of course he;'d get dominated.

No matter what he does, there's always going to be people on HHH's case. Personally, I think that a lot of the hate that HHH gets is unwarranted. Then again, I may be biased because I actually like HHH.

Just got back from my local BW3, where I watched the show... Let's see...

- Benoit was made to look strong by making the champion Lesnar tap out.

- Shane McMahon got decimated by Kane.

- The one-dimensional Austin was given the heave-ho tonight.

- HHH was decisively dominated and pinned clean as a whistle.

That alone should be enough to send smarks dancing in the streets tonight.

And I missed the Smackdown 10 man tag, but it seemed pretty blah to me from the onset.  RAW is totally the number one show by heads and shoulders.  Smackdown is no further now then when they were a year ago.  Even Eddie Guerrero seems boring to me.

In total agreement with you here Banky. For a show supposedly dominated by HHH, EVERYONE is seemingly better off then they were last year.

HHH hasn't really "dominated" the show in a long time. It's been a long time since he'd have a 20 minute promo, backstage skits, AND a match.

He still gets skits and matches from time to time (as well as constant mentions by the commentators), but generally the shows have steadily gotten more enjoyable.

At least we're not putting up with Bradshaw and Austin in the main event vs. the nWo anymore.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

No matter what he does, there's always going to be people on HHH's case. Personally, I think that a lot of the hate that HHH gets is unwarranted. Then again, I may be biased because I actually like HHH.

I think when people shed the Scott Keith spoon-fed notion of what is good, they can see through the bullshit. He's a decent entertainer, and thats more than most of the other guys.

Guest Anglesault
Decent show.

The 1st match while it shouldn't be the first match, sets up Benoit/Brock, and Show/Cena. Angle isn't needed for a while b/c of the injury.

Shane ruined Kane.

Jericho, the guy who has a five month issue with Austin gets eliminated in the name of the heatless Suckbag and Batista. Figures.

And Vince did in his match what Shane should have done-nothing.

From what I heard, Shane got some flashy offense but was no-sold constantly by Kane. THAT'S how to build a monster. It's more impressive to pop right back up from a flying elbow then to beat up the guy before he can do it.

Taker's loss to Vince was much more impressive than kane's win over shane.

Shane litterally dominated the whole damn thing and had Kane in the ambulence with one door shut at one point. That NEVER should have happened.

Guest CronoT

It's called Irony/Poetic Justice, Ask.

For all the crap that Levesque has done, he gets crap about his only actual screwup?

GOOD.

People who play politics do so because they can't get the job done on their own. (No pun intended.)

I'll even admit that you're right--probably a lot of things we consider deliberate, malicious acts are Vince's doing.

However, I won't beat around the bush--I'm so sick of him that I'd be ignoring him if he was wrestling great still. However, it's about time that he actually acted like a team player here and helped give Goldberg a strong win.

Just got home from watching the PPV at my friend's house...a few thoughts:

-Benoit making Lesnar tap out, followed by the huge YOU TAPPED OUT chant made my night. It looks like they are gunna set those two up for a program at Rumble...I'm totally game.

-Kudos for the booking of that entire match...got the shit out while they could, surprised us with the Angle elimination as well as the Brock elimination, and a HOLY SHIT end to with the FU from Cena.

-BIG props to HBK/Vince on their blade jobs tonight..fuuuck.

-Thought the Austin/Bischoff match was GREAT and I'm not sure what to believe if Austin is REALLY gone because they made it out pretty seriously that he's done.

-Buried Alive...no real comments on that other then I wasn't that surprised that Kane showed up.

Overall...enjoyed the PPV. I'm looking forward to Benoit/Lesnar...big time.

Decent show.

The 1st match while it shouldn't be the first match, sets up Benoit/Brock, and Show/Cena. Angle isn't needed for a while b/c of the injury.

Shane ruined Kane.

Jericho, the guy who has a five month issue with Austin gets eliminated in the name of the heatless Suckbag and Batista. Figures.

From what I heard, Shane got some flashy offense but was no-sold constantly by Kane. THAT'S how to build a monster. It's more impressive to pop right back up from a flying elbow then to beat up the guy before he can do it.

Shane litterally dominated the whole damn thing and had Kane in the ambulence with one door shut at one point. That NEVER should have happened.

Dude......the guy sat up from the elbowdrop on the table, he came back from being hit with a damn car, he took big time blows and came back from all of it to freakin destroy Shane.......He killed Shane in the end, tombstoned him into the ground and was laughing as he closed the ambulance as if he wasn't affected by any of it.......What more do you want? Stop your whining please

Uhh...Long time reader and long ago I posted. I watched it live at home.

The opener was great except how Hardcore Holly get eliminated before the match?

The Women's Title Match had an intresting ending. The middle turnbuckle has to be the most underappriciated member of the ring. Give the middle turnbuckle a push.

I think the Tag Team Title match was after that. Lame ending, the Bashams were not over.

Speaking of which, why did the WWE waste my money and time putting Mark Cuban on the show?

Shawn Michaels bleed alot, so did Vince.

The ambulance match sucked. It was like a like a hardcore match with Shane doing all his trademark moves. Kane did his super padded Tombstone of Doom. Err.

Austin should have stunned HBk.

I knew Vince was going win, but Kane coming out was a suprise.

HHH jobs with Evolution. Wow! HHH wasn't selfish for once.

Worst of all, I taped it from 6 to 8 o'clock.

Survivor Series starts at the Goldberg/ Brock confrontation.

What should I do?

I thought the show was alright, nothing exceptional, except for the opener which I don't have a copy of. Stupid Tivo and stupid me.

Guest Choken One
People who play politics do so because they can't get the job done on their own. (No pun intended.)

Who doesn't play politics? :huh:

RVD.

And that is why he is stuck with a rinky dinky comic book store in a mall.

Guest Anglesault
Decent show.

Shane ruined Kane.

Dude......the guy sat up from the elbowdrop on the table, he came back from being hit with a damn car, he took big time blows and came back from all of it to freakin destroy Shane.......He killed Shane in the end, tombstoned him into the ground and was laughing as he closed the ambulance as if he wasn't affected by any of it.......What more do you want? Stop your whining please

I wanted a match not dominated by Shane McMahon.

I wanted the match that they did for Taker/Vince for Shane/Kane.

Vince got TWO offensive moves in his Taker match.

They should have done that with Shane.

RR should be good; looks like Kane/Goldberg, Brock/Benoit, and the Rumble match itself.

I wonder what Cena and Eddy will be doing. It seems like a Cena/Show US title feud is coming up, and maybe Eddy and Chavo will stay together for a little bit longer.

Guest Choken One

I say just delay the fucking Chavo heel turn and drag it out and just have Los Guerreros Vs Bashams/WGTT/AKIRA&SAKUKA matches for the time being,

Who doesn't play politics? :huh:

RVD.

And that is why he is stuck with a rinky dinky comic book store in a mall.

I disagree. I call the radio shoots RVD did playing politics, it might not have been backstage, but it was still politics. Not that that's either good or bad, since every wrestlershould be looking out for themselves as well as (ideally) putting the business over.

If you were Vince and you heard what he said during those "shoots" (I'm assuming they're legit) would you give him a mega push and put him in the main event. Vince has many flaws, but he does reward loyalty and I get the sense RVD isn't a team player.

I say just delay the fucking Chavo heel turn and drag it out and just have Los Guerreros Vs Bashams/WGTT/AKIRA&SAKUKA matches for the time being,

That'd be fine by me. I don't see exactly what long-term plans they have for Eddy, but I guess it's not in singles for a while.

What the hell happened to Tajiri/Noble?

I think that got bumped up to Heat, like the Raw tag team title match at Wrestlemania did earlier this year.

Yup.

Tajiri won with Yakuza interference. Although there was a cool spot where Noble blocked the green mist and hit a tiger driver on TAJIRI for a 2.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think that got bumped up to Heat, like the Raw tag team title match at Wrestlemania did earlier this year.

Yup.

Tajiri won with Yakuza interference. Although there was a cool spot where Noble blocked the green mist and hit a tiger driver on TAJIRI for a 2.

TECHNICALLY No interference cost Noble the match. Noble jumped off the top rope inot a kick of Tajiri and he nailed him across the head with the buzzsaw kick or whatever. Noble totally no sold the Japs attempted run-in.

And the blocking of the mist made me MARK THE FUCK OUT!

Guest wrestlingbs

Better than Summerslam, and thank God for that.

-There really was no reason to kick the CW match onto Heat. I guess they wanted more skits, but like most PPV skits, they were more embarassing than fun. I skipped the whole, and I mean whole Eric Bischoff skit because quite frankly it looked boring. Not only does that demean the CW wrestlers, who have a hot feud going, but it cheats the customers.

- Whoever said SD was weak look at the elimination match. Cena and Benoit got great reactions.

- Molly is hot.

- Kane needs three months to take care of Shane yet he kills Taker with one punch? Mark. when you no-sell punches, no sell the right punches.

- HHH did the right thing by putting G-berg over. Surprised me.

Yup.

TECHNICALLY No interference cost Noble the match. Noble jumped off the top rope inot a kick of Tajiri and he nailed him across the head with the buzzsaw kick or whatever. Noble totally no sold the Japs attempted run-in.

And the blocking of the mist made me MARK THE FUCK OUT!

Ditto.

And there were distracting at least, so that counts as interference to me.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I guess a distraction would count, but I thought you meant physical interference instead of running in and getting beat up by a hillbilly.

Damn WWE should have let Noble win after the block of mist and the tiger driver. I was just marking out.