TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

WWE News From The Online Torch

Well you know the deal. Enjoy.

It's early on-line Torch week! Yet again!

hey thanks wade

TOP STORY: It's about Luger's TNA match. I probably went over the stuff last time.

TOP 5 STORIES OF THE WEEK:

#1 - Austin's team loses at Survivor Series, driving Austin out of WWE forever. Or for a few weeks, anyway. The plan is for Austin to be gone a little while, maybe longer than just a few weeks, while Bischoff keeps being a huge a-hole and doing mean things. Then an angle will happen to bring Austin back.

Austin is supposed to be pretty excited about the angle. He took part in planning it out. Other people in the company are happy about it, too. They don't think it'll make the Survivor Series match stipulations seem like they were worthless. Wade hopes he comes back as Burt Austin, Steve's twin brother.

#2 - Goldberg retained his title at the PPV. Kane will be his next opponent.

#3 - WWE puts out new business figures. There's nothing real bad, but nothing to open champagne bottles over either.

#4 - WWE ratings are holding up against the competition.

#5 - Foley/HHH being talked about for WrestleMania. After the initial Torch reports, Mick hinted at it in an interview he did.

WWE NEWS:

- In addition to H/Foley, don't forget Brock/Goldberg. And don't forget who first brought you all this exciting news. The Brock/Goldberg match may not be title-free after all. It's unlikely that they'd have titles on the line, but there's talk of doing it as a champion vs. champion match. Not having either title up for grabs would help reinforce that there will actually be a winner, and not some big DQ so nobody loses a belt.

Talks may start soon to re-sign Goldberg. His current deal runs out after WrestleMania. Lots of people are saying that he's fitting into the locker room better, and is becoming more of a team player than an outsider. Goldberg has seen the Raven Torch Talk and was not terribly pleased. He went off and said Raven is jealous of him.

- Kurt Angle will be out about three weeks from his neck surgery. It's nothing like the surgery he had earlier in the year.

- Undertaker got a nasty cut during the Buried Alive match. Apparently when he fell into the grave, he landed on the shovel and it sliced open his arm. It was bad enough that Taker yelled out in pain, and you can see Vince looking in to check on him cause Vince heard him yell. It's not serious, though.

Vince and Shawn both had to get stitches after their blade jobs. It's rare for guys to need stitches after blading, so they really hacked themselves open.

- A few weeks ago the female demo for one of the shows dropped sharply, due to something else that was on TV, and it was noticeably reflected with a drop in the ratings. So the romance angles they're doing on Raw are being done with the idea of trying to keep and/or increase the amount of women that watch. Well that explains why some of you fems are liking it. Haha burn.

- The Benoit/Cena situation with Michael Hayes was not the talk of the locker room. Most wrestlers didn't even know about it until they heard the internet story of what a big scandal it was supposed to be. It's just certain anti-Hayes folk trying to pile it on him, since he's already got a few strikes against him after his wedding behavior.

- Stephanie is back to work at the TV tapings. She hired a pair of creative consultants out of Hollywood to critique the way the writing team works, like the levels of communication between different departments. Those rotten cynics think she hired them just so they can report that she's doing a good job as the person in charge of the writers.

One thing they might want to look into is a growing problem between the writers and the agents. Agents are getting frustrated with the current structure, because they don't think they have a defined way to go about suggesting who should be pushed and that sort of thing. The writers are frustrated because the agents have a lot of influence on the day of a show, and can suggest last minute changes that the writers don't want.

- Some people thought that Bob Holly was DQ'd early at the PPV because he's not cleared to wrestle or something. As far as is known right now, he's okay, they just did that to get over his obsession with Brock. But people were wondering about his status, so there may be something to it.

- Mark Cuban mingled backstage at the PPV. People say he's just like he comes off on TV, a nice guy who's really hyper.

- There's head-scratching over the way Rey has been used lately. One wrestler suspects that Brock and Angle have something to do with it, and says that they're becoming the Triple H of Raw with the way they protect their spots on top.

- The two locker rooms have created different atmospheres now that they're completely separate, with only a few joint PPV's a year. Smackdown is all serious like a sports team's locker room, while Raw is more individualistic or just people with their own little groups. Neither way is necessarily better than the other. On Smackdown the wrestlers share ideas with each other more, while on Raw there's not as much communication between groups. But some Smackdown wrestlers think it can work against them if they don't follow suggestions by wrestlers higher on the totem pole than they are, while Raw guys don't have to worry about that. Raw wrestlers also take pride in being live, while some Smackdown guys sometimes worry that they can be cut or edited down if time is a problem.

- MIDEON is back in the news! He told some friends at an indy show that WWE has talked to him about coming back in a few months, maybe tied in with Taker or Kane somehow. Mideon was always popular in the locker room, and certainly his nude gimmick revolutionized the sport, so why not.

- A wrestler says the Smackdown morale is still low, and that agents are mad cause "these kids who Vince has hired" tell them stuff they don't agree with. Friends Of Heyman say he'll probably fight for things now without worrying about repercussions, because he's at a point in his personal life where he could walk away from wrestling. Another wrestler said he sees a peace in Paul that wasn't there before, but in many ways it's the same old Paul.

Part of Paul's new profound enlightenment may be from the girlfriend he's having so much sex with, or so he said on WWE.com.

- The dude who played the APA's butler is gonna be with The Cat.

TNA NEWZ:

- Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel are writing the shows now. Jimmy Hart is now sitting in on the creative meetings, which also include Glenn Gilberti, Scott D'Amore, and Dixie Carter. Jeff has final say over everything, and Dutch is clearly second in command. Disco is now just a contributor after having written a lot of the shows with Russo.

Russo is said to be upset over his demotion from the creative team, but he keeps in contact with Dixie Carter. Some people say Russo is the Carters' fallback plan, just in case, but other say Jeff kept him on the payroll because of their friendship. The official reason for Russo being sent home was that Hogan wouldn't work with the company if Russo had anything to do with creative, but Russo is telling people that he thinks he would have been sent home anyway because he and Jeff were butting heads a lot. Russo says, and a lot of wrestlers are agreeing, that Dutch is just a yes-man for Jeff and doesn't challenge him on anything. He also thinks the shows have noticeably dropped in quality since he stopped writing.

- Jimmy Hart is fitting in okay. The talk is that his project with Roy Jones' promoter, which is expected to tie in with TNA if it gets off the ground, will be focused on more now that Roy's latest fight is over.

- They'll be doing a live show the day before Thanksgiving, which the wrestlers aren't thrilled about. The shows prior to Christmas and New Years will be taped.

- Word coming out of the creative meetings is that Dutch said something like that David Young is worth more money to the company than Simon, Swinger, Chris Daniels, and Jerry Lynn. Naturally people assumed he was down on those 4, but others say Dutch is just high on David Young. Either way, wrestlers are laughing at the quote, since David Young is not a money player and is not more important than those guys.

CLASSIC TORCH:

- Vince was indited. The whole issue was devoted to this story, and Wade says he'll put it online sometime soon, so I'll steal it and post it here. Also, the girl who said she had BUTT-sex with Jerry Lawler admitted that she was lying.

THE MCNEILL FACTOR:

It's back to the bar for Survivor Series. This time he met up with an actual Torch reader. The bar was crowded. There was an amateur wrestling fan who kept ripping the action, and a waitress finally asked him why he was paying so much attention if he didn't like it. His group left shortly afterwards. Coach got a big pop from the bar fans, and they booed when Austin beat him up. You go, boy.

Pat, supreme breaker of the H/Foley news, also suspects that Austin will wrestle Vince at WrestleMania. That way he can do a match without having to bump and do an actual match.

DVD REVIEW BY TONY BATALLA:

Who? He reviews the Flair DVD and gives it a perfect 10. He compliments the job WWE did in transferring the old tapes to digital quality.

WADE'S PPV STAR RATINGS (for WWE Survivor Series)

Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar - ***½

Molly/Lita - *3/4

Kane/Shane - **

Bashams/Guerreros - *3/4

Team Bischoff vs. Team Austin - ****

Vince/Undertaker - *

Goldberg/HHH - **

JP: 6.5. BM: 6.0. JG: 8.0. PM: 8.0. WK: 7.0.

END NOTES WITH WADE:

Oh boy! Torch back issues are available! Get yours now!

THINGS WE CAN ALL LOOK FORWARD TO:

- This Week With Jason Powell!

- Torch Talk with Sonjay Dutt! Who the hell is Sonjay Dutt.

BYE

I laughed, I cried, and I became outraged.

At that news.

- In addition to H/Foley, don't forget Brock/Goldberg. And don't forget who first brought you all this exciting news. The Brock/Goldberg match may not be title-free after all. It's unlikely that they'd have titles on the line, but there's talk of doing it as a champion vs. champion match. Not having either title up for grabs would help reinforce that there will actually be a winner, and not some big DQ so nobody loses a belt.

That would be the worst idea in the HISTORY of Pro. Wrestling PPVs. How could you have a big show, ESPECIALLY WrestleMania XX, and NOT have the two world titles be defended!?

- There's head-scratching over the way Rey has been used lately. One wrestler suspects that Brock and Angle have something to do with it, and says that they're becoming the Triple H of Raw with the way they protect their spots on top.

I hope that's true just for the hell of it, to see what everyone here will end up saying about it.

- MIDEON is back in the news! He told some friends at an indy show that WWE has talked to him about coming back in a few months, maybe tied in with Taker or Kane somehow. Mideon was always popular in the locker room, and certainly his nude gimmick revolutionized the sport, so why not.

If I told you what I think about that, I might just be banned from TSM.

Yep. Good Mankind impersonation, though the skits themselves weren't so great.

Shit, they should bring a whole bunch of retro guys back for no good reason. If I have to see bad wrestlers, I wanna see bad wrestlers who make me nostalgic.

Austin is supposed to be pretty excited about the angle. He took part in planning it out.

"And then I come out and suprise everyone with stunners!"

Undertaker got a nasty cut during the Buried Alive match. Apparently when he fell into the grave, he landed on the shovel and it sliced open his arm. It was bad enough that Taker yelled out in pain, and you can see Vince looking in to check on him cause Vince heard him yell. It's not serious, though.

Whiny bitch.

A few weeks ago the female demo for one of the shows dropped sharply, due to something else that was on TV, and it was noticeably reflected with a drop in the ratings. So the romance angles they're doing on Raw are being done with the idea of trying to keep and/or increase the amount of women that watch.

Great

Part of Paul's new profound enlightenment may be from the girlfriend he's having so much sex with, or so he said on WWE.com.

I thought Paul was gay?

Guest Fook

So they're proposing that neither world title be defended at Mania?

morons...

Lately? Rey was never booked that strong since coming to the WWE, and has never been booked as a ME guy, so I don't see how Angle or Brock would be threatened.

Undertaker got a nasty cut during the Buried Alive match. Apparently when he fell into the grave, he landed on the shovel and it sliced open his arm. It was bad enough that Taker yelled out in pain, and you can see Vince looking in to check on him cause Vince heard him yell. It's not serious, though.

Whiny bitch.

I thought it was from the explosion myself at first...oh well. I find it funny that Taker is the one with the 'nasty cut', despite the manly blade jobs from Shawn and Vince.

As for Rey, he holds a clean victory over Benoit and Angle, plus a triple threat victory against the two together...and around Summerslam was booked pretty highly. But then again, that 'one wrestler' was probably Kidman or someone, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Guest Dynamite Kido

smells like bullshit to me.

Guest Besus

Kurt/Brock is the HHH of Raw.Thats so true.

Brock/Goldberg May be for the title at Wrestlemania? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why exactly does Brock vs Goldberg have to be Title vs Title or even a title on the line? The match will have enough hype going into it that the titles really aren't nescessary.

Oh, and here's a whacky fact for everybody: Rey Mysterio still has not yet secured a victory on a WWE PPV.

There's head-scratching over the way Rey has been used lately. One wrestler suspects that Brock and Angle have something to do with it, and says that they're becoming the Triple H of Raw with the way they protect their spots on top.

Huh? Raw? Way to screw up the brands, Torch.

Guest Fook
Oh, and here's a whacky fact for everybody: Rey Mysterio still has not yet secured a victory on a WWE PPV.

Still?

Wow...he's going for Booker T's record!

Good call! Have a trophy.

Rey's PPV Record (in case you doubt me)

SummerSlam 2002- Lost to Kurt Angle

No Mercy 2002- Lost in tag team match w/ Edge

Survivor Series 2002- Lost in tag match w/ Edge

Royal Rumble 2003- Eliminated

WrestleMania 2003- Lost to Matt Hardy

Backlash 2003- Lost to Big Show

Vengence 2003- Lost in tag match w/ Kidman

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rey hasn't been on a PPV since then.

Ok...if the stories of Angle and Brock playing politics become more and more prevalent and more and more noticeable on TV then they shall get the HHH treatment. I don't care how good you are...you shouldn't hold others down.

I think Rey should be used better. In the mid-card! A match here and there in the main event is fine, but no one is going to convince me Rey Mysterio should be a regular ME guy, let alone be champion.

Let Rey have some matches with Lesnar, Angle and Benoit. Those guys feuding, selling and working with Rey could hurt them in the long run.

On the other hand. At least Angle pushed for Cena and maybe Lesnar pushed for a program with Benoit?

Guest Anglesault
On the other hand. At least Angle pushed for Cena

If Kurt pushed for that feud to happen like it did he should be flogged.

And why do you feel Rey shouldn't be in the ME?

Because he's 5'8" 180lbs. If that.

Yeah, Rey Mysterio can entertain. But, the main event guys shouldn't have to sell for someone that small because it will hurt them in the long run. Rey doing the hit and run, speed and out smarting the bigger guys will get real old, real fast and he wouldn't make a great world champion.

If Rey beat Kurt Angle, people would begin to think "If Rey Mysterio can beat Angle, why can't someone the size of Billy Kidman?" And if he beat Lesnar clean, people would think "Damn, if he can, why can't Spanky or Moore beat Lesnar?"

Like I said, a match here and there and a small program wouldn't hurt. But, not a permanent spot on top.

Guest Anglesault
Because he's 5'8" 180lbs. If that.

Yeah, Rey Mysterio can entertain. But, the main event guys shouldn't have to sell for someone that small because it will hurt them in the long run. Rey doing the hit and run, speed and out smarting the bigger guys will get real old, real fast and he wouldn't make a great world champion.

If Rey beat Kurt Angle, people would begin to think "If Rey Mysterio can beat Angle, why can't someone the size of Billy Kidman?" And if he beat Lesnar clean, people would think "Damn, if he can, why can't Spanky or Moore beat Lesnar?"

I'm sure there's a problem with the scenario of smaller guys not being looked upon as total jobbers when they face the bigger guys, but it eludes me.

I judge main event/world champions on this. Can I picture them in the main event at WM?

I don't see Rey winning or defending the world title in the suppose biggest match of the year.

Guest Anglesault

That's partially because he's a jobber.

And you didn't answer my question.

Why is making Brock/Rey something other than a piss break (Like you want it to be) bad?