TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The Most Underrated Match of 2003

I hear a lot of comments about "the wrong guy going over." Yes, I agree that a rightful winner to a match helps, but to me it doesn't make a big deal. As long as both guys work hard and put on an exciting match, the winner shouldn't make that big a deal. Chris Benoit wasn't any less awesome in his losing effort against Kurt Angle and even John Cena and Booker T didn't look too bad in losing to Undertaker and Triple H. At least Cena got a win back a few weeks later, it's just too bad Booker T couldn't have gotten a win back later on over Triple H.

Taker's return match against A-Train is underrated.

I don't know if you were talking about the one from Summerslam, but that was my choice. The A-Train/Taker match from Summerslam was a lot better than I was expecting... but I haven't seen it since the night it happened.

We better re-evaluate the thread... there's a bit of A-Train mentions...

Guest OSIcon
HHH vs. Booker T from Wrestlemania. Easily the best match either guy has had since 2001.

BookDust vs. Un-Americans from Summerslam 2002 and 12/23/02 RAW were both better.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

i'll toss in Steiner/Test from Bad Blood. It wasn't a "EW WHAT A SUCKFEST" match, I'd rank it above * maybe (HA, sadly, thats like 5-stars for Steiner now), while everyone shits on it, and only remembers for Steiners superman dive.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

A few underrated matches:

Matt Hardy vs Kidman @ No Way Out

Hardy vs Mysterio Smackdown (where Rey won the cruiser title)

Spanky vs Angle Smackdown (even though it was only 5 minutes, I still loved it)

i'll toss in Steiner/Test from Bad Blood. It wasn't a "EW WHAT A SUCKFEST" match, I'd rank it above * maybe (HA, sadly, thats like 5-stars for Steiner now), while everyone shits on it, and only remembers for Steiners superman dive.

Agreed...by no means a great match, but underrated.