TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Latest On HBK's WWE Schedule `

I wish more people would just stop worrying so much about what goes on backstage, all of the politics, and just watch the shows and take them as what you see on your TV.

I promise that it wouldn't hurt, and at the same time, you'd be able to enjoy many of the matches so much more. :D

It's hard to enjoy it when you see stuff like HBK going over Y2J and HHH going over Booker T.

That's because there usually is a catch behind it Choken.

Notice how HHH jobbed left and right to Booker T leading up to Wrestlemania. Who won the blowoff?

What pissed me off about HBK v. Y2J was that HBK was winning the feud leading up to the match. He would always run in and beat on Jericho and Sweet Chin Music him and Christian. It made no sense for him to do anything but tap cleanly to the Walls.

I get the feeling HBK is going to stay around longer than a year. He will probably stay around until his hair loss becomes even worse. Since deep inside he probably still has that HBK ego he will not be able to take that public humilation.

naw, he'll just start wering bandanas ;)

Guest Choken One
In The Raw roster...

Only Shawn and Jericho I think have the ability to sell that emotion.

Triple H can be a very effective heel. I remember actively hating the man (in a good way) in 2000 and wanting Rock, Foley and Jericho to kick his ass.

Don't forget Flair Choken One

HHH. Isn't a good enough Face to do that.

He is an natural Heel.

Flair isn't a active enough wrestler for me to consider him...

IWC tend to make it out like HHH has an portable calender with a

JOB RETURN CHECKLIST.

Funny thing is, that bps predicted the No Mercy feud with Kane long in advance, just wondering when he'd get that job back. Shucky-darn, it happened, and he was right.

Shawn Michaels can go on wrestling for as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned. He's one of the greatest ever imo and there is NOBODY who could ever get me into a match like him.

I wish more people would just stop worrying so much about what goes on backstage, all of the politics, and just watch the shows and take them as what you see on your TV.

I promise that it wouldn't hurt, and at the same time, you'd be able to enjoy many of the matches so much more. :D

It's hard to enjoy it when you see stuff like HBK going over Y2J and HHH going over Booker T.

I don't see why it really matters to the fans as long as it's just a good match.

Well the last thing you see in a match makes the greatest impression.

I still love the matches and enjoy watching them- but the endings always make me depressed as hell

Guest Ray
I can't think of ONE person who didn't like it...

I though it was wildly overrated. Good at times, but some of those eliminations were ridiculous.

Shawn is an expert in ring psychology.

My quickie top 5 Psychology workers EVER.

1. Jake Roberts

2. Arn Anderson

3. Bret Hart

4. HBK

5. Foley

Oh dear...

Aside from D-Von or Bubba- no one got pinned by a transition move. (Jericho pinned one of them with the Flashback)

I don't see how the finishers were ridicilous.

Guest Ray

Then they've built up a weak, shitty move.

That match needed about ten more minutes to work.

I think 27 minutes was enough. After a while the fans will just bored of them playing beat the shit out of HBK- especially given Orton and Christian's limitation.

And the match did 'work'. Aside from the Dudleyz staying too long it was a very well booked and well worked match

Guest Ray
I think 27 minutes was enough. After a while the fans will just bored of them playing beat the shit out of HBK- especially given Orton and Christian's limitation.

Didn't need extra time at the end. Needed extra time at the beggining. Needed more time to eliminate everyone in more believable ways. They weren't taking enough offense to get pinned.

Well I think in WWE world once you take a finisher you're down for the count. (Except in main event matches)

I do have beef with D-Von jobbing to the Flashback as I feel Jericho should've put him in the Walls- it would've been a more credible elimination

Guest Ray

Booking "finishers" that way is why WWE sucks. :)

Aside from the early weak eliminations, the match was fine. Quality picked up near the end.

Still not close to ****+ as some have said...

Do you think people should be getting pinned by transition holds or it should be that the finisher is something that caps off a long body of work?

I have beef with some of the match: Booker jobbing to Mark Henry, The Dudleyz lasting so long, etc.

I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD to watch it on second viewing before I give it a rating

Guest Ray
Do you think people should be getting pinned by transition holds or it should be that the finisher is something that caps off a long body of work?

I have beef with some of the match: Booker jobbing to Mark Henry, The Dudleyz lasting so long, etc.

Basically...they just need to take more offense before getting pinned.

If wrestlers can go 15-20 minutes in a normal 2 on 2 tag without getting pinned, why can they be eliminated so quickly in a 10 man tag, where they are in for less time and take less offense?

Think of it this way:

If it takes ten punches for me to knock you out in a singles match, would it make sense for you to be knocked out with four punches in a tag, where you were only in half the time?

I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD to watch it on second viewing before I give it a rating

It's floating around kazaa right now if you can download things.

Depends on the transition move and the story behind the match. I've always liked things like small packages as moves to end a match due to the element of surprise the move holds (and the fact it takes some technique to get the pin off it and thus makes it seem like wrestling). I get annoyed when someone's been on the offense for five minutes and gets pinned by walking to a dropkick or something that hasn't gotten a pin since 1978.

Don't Tag Teams Historically fare better in Survivor matches anyways?

Playing up something like that would make things like Booker's elimination seem more plausible. But no mention is ever made of the Dudleys being used to a tag team environment when {insert partner or opponent here} isn't.

Guest Choken One

"Why do we have to tell them?

Can't the fans figure it once themselfs."

-VKM.

-VKM.

Funny, I say something similar damn near every SmackDown about VKM about who to push.

Guest Choken One

-VKM.

Funny, I say something similar damn near every SmackDown about VKM about who to push.

U mean how he is currently pushing IWC god Benoit right now?

-VKM.

U mean how he is currently pushing IWC god Benoit right now?

I said "damn near every SmackDown", not just "every SmackDown".

It was a much bigger problem when I was doing Raw every week.

I just read the HBK interview. The most interesting part to me was obvious. HBK says, "In a couple of years my kid will be in school and he will not get the chance." (HBK was talking about taking his family on the road whenever he wrestles)

That means he is planning on wrestling for a long time. Personally I have always been a huge mark for HBK. He was at one time my all time favorite, so for me this is good news.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

In my opinion, Triple H can be a good face, but an even better heel. I mean, of course his persona (or fading in a turn?) is a work, but him becoming boring and stale in the ring is not, but that's another story.

As a face, he can be very believable, but under an/other circumstance/s, you can be expecting a turn just around the bend...

If you're interested in my latest 'iB's Raw VS SmackDown! Diatribe' commentary for The Shooters, click here.

For the 'Feedback/E-mail of the Week' Spot, send it/them to [email protected] or [email protected].