TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

The One and Only Smackdown Thread

...why did A-Train bet on Benoit? That made no sense.

A-Train has faced both men before, and knows their styles and intensity.

His opinion is that Benoit is the tougher man

Guest Choken One

After getting his ass beat by Benoit 10 times in the last three months...You'd understand that PERHAPS A-Train kinda feels Benoit can get the job done

Yeah but he's a heel & an ally with Brock.

But I see your point.

OR, he or one of his buddies is going to interfere...

Guest Choken One

I just wanna know why A-Train has $10,000 to spend and yet Batistia after a 5 week hype job for the Bounty has yet to even spend a buck.

Why would they interfere against someone they sorta like in Lesnar?

Guest Choken One

Um...To win the bet.

Benoit was the underdog.

Notice that only like 5 people bet on Benoit and those were like 100 buck bets...

Everyone else bet on Lesnar...

A-Train looking to make a big payday.

WWE logic, buddy....just when you think you understand it, it slaps ya upside the head....

Oh man, that's bad news. It makes no sense, unless...

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Benoit loses, and the bet sets up a Benoit/A-Train program.

If that happens, I may just give up on SmackDown.

Yes, because the fans chanting "cheat, cheat, cheat" meant they loved the car...

Ok, I'm all calmed down now... you'll see what I mean after you watch Benoit/Lesnar.

Cena/Benoit was fucking sweet. I don't like Cena. Never have, probably never will... but he impressed me tonight. Some really, really, good selling tonight. I'd have to nitpick to find a flaw in it - which I won't. Him selling the arm while locking in the sharpshooter and switching to his other arm when moving towards the ropes was genius. BIG ups to Cena tonight. I don't like him, but I won't be hatin - unless given proper reason to ;)

But the ALL STAR, and probably my WWE Wrestler of the Year after tonight, is Chris MOTHERFUCKING Benoit. When he "missed" the crossface (not even sure he did, given Cenas fab sell and..) Benoit went straight for the dropkick - it was seamless. The armwork was just wicked. I marked for the Hammerlock Northern Lights and Benoit doing "You can't see me" before setting up the headbut. I didn't like the finish - but it sends Cena off into a feud with the Big Show which means he's away from Brock which means Benoit vs. Brock all the way to the rumble (FUCK - they are SO having Holly cost Brock the title and Benoit wins it in a screw setting up Brock/Holly at NWO - FUCK).

Brock vs. Benoit was... wow... fuck yeah.

THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! The setting-up of the crossface, with Brock blocking it, just beautiful. They set the match up as perfect as _they_ could. The promo package with Brock was a nice touch. It adds another layer to the feud - Benoit has worked his whole career to get the title, Brock wins it months after debuting. This night was for Benoit and the smile won't leave my face for a long time. THANK YOU. As much as it pains me to say that in my perpetual bitter and jaded state, THANK YOU WWE, Vince, Steph, et. co for giving Benoit this night. Please continue the good work... for the love of god please keep it up. Don't get my hopes up... You teased it before, I don't want to get burned... please, do the right thing... Excuse me, I have to go throw up now...

*back*

Brocks German suplex was SIIIIIICK! I LOVE IT! That was Albrightian. I LOVE IT. He needs to have that as a finisher. The crowd... I love the crowd... I love you sonnofabitches.... they were SOOOO into that match. They chanted for Cena in the beginning, but I heard some boo's when he won... they were into benoit like a motherfucker. They WANTED him to win. I WANTED HIM TO WIN. I know I'm a Benoit mark, but this was the first time - in a long time - when even though I knew what would happen, I WANTED it. I FELT IT. In all my cynicism, in all my bitterness, I WANTED IT. Brock's act at the end was played perfectly. The sick look on his face, him "tapping out" Benoit... benoit never giving up... it just worked. FUCK YEAH. First time I taped Smackdown in a long, long, long, long time - it was well worth it. I'm gonna watch this baby over, and over, and over.

A-Train betting on Benoit was one of the coolest things the WWE did in a while. A-train hates Benoit, but he respects his skills and he thinks that Benoit will win. He's faced both Brock and Benoit - and he thinks benoit will win. THAT IS WICKED AWESOME!

Guest Choken One
A-Train betting on Benoit was one of the coolest things the WWE did in a while. A-train hates Benoit, but he respects his skills and he thinks that Benoit will win. He's faced both Brock and Benoit - and he thinks benoit will win. THAT IS WICKED AWESOME!

I hope this leads to a "Moneyman" gimmick for A-Train.

Have him every week make bets on Matches and then he gets a "hunch" and puts $50 grand on Paul London to beat TBS and London gets the MONSTER upset and A-Train becomes a Millionaire.

But the ALL STAR, and probably my WWE Wrestler of the Year after tonight, is Chris MOTHERFUCKING Benoit. When he "missed" the crossface (not even sure he did, given Cenas fab sell and..) Benoit went straight for the dropkick - it was seamless. The armwork was just wicked. I marked for the Hammerlock Northern Lights and Benoit doing "You can't see me" before setting up the headbut. I didn't like the finish - but it sends Cena off into a feud with the Big Show which means he's away from Brock which means Benoit vs. Brock all the way to the rumble (FUCK - they are SO having Holly cost Brock the title and Benoit wins it in a screw setting up Brock/Holly at NWO - FUCK).

Brock vs. Benoit was... wow... fuck yeah.

THAT'S what I'm talkin bout! The setting-up of the crossface, with Brock blocking it, just beautiful. They set the match up as perfect as _they_ could. The promo package with Brock was a nice touch. It adds another layer to the feud - Benoit has worked his whole career to get the title, Brock wins it months after debuting. This night was for Benoit and the smile won't leave my face for a long time. THANK YOU. As much as it pains me to say that in my perpetual bitter and jaded state, THANK YOU WWE, Vince, Steph, et. co for giving Benoit this night. Please continue the good work... for the love of god please keep it up. Don't get my hopes up... You teased it before, I don't want to get burned... please, do the right thing... Excuse me, I have to go throw up now...

*back*

Brocks German suplex was SIIIIIICK! I LOVE IT! That was Albrightian. I LOVE IT. He needs to have that as a finisher. The crowd... I love the crowd... I love you sonnofabitches.... they were SOOOO into that match. They chanted for Cena in the beginning, but I heard some boo's when he won... they were into benoit like a motherfucker. They WANTED him to win. I WANTED HIM TO WIN. I know I'm a Benoit mark, but this was the first time - in a long time - when even though I knew what would happen, I WANTED it. I FELT IT. In all my cynicism, in all my bitterness, I WANTED IT. Brock's act at the end was played perfectly. The sick look on his face, him "tapping out" Benoit... benoit never giving up... it just worked. FUCK YEAH. First time I taped Smackdown in a long, long, long, long time - it was well worth it. I'm gonna watch this baby over, and over, and over.

Agreed, Benoit is the muthafukin MAN!!!!