TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Weird fact about Ted Dibiase

Ted Dibiase wrestled in 6 Wrestlemanias(88-93),the 1st mania he lost to savage and then look at the next 5 results.

89-Double Countout with Brutus Beefcake

90-Beats Jake Roberts by Countout

91-Loses to Virgil by dq

92-Money Inc loses to Natural Disasters by Countout

93-Money inc beat Mega Maniacs by dq

Why all the screwjobs?

I can understand 91 because the feud had only started at Rumble.But all the others were basically either the blowoffs or their final ppv match.

Why all the screwjobs?

The only one I really have an issue with is WrestleMania VI. That feud had been going a full year at that point and deserved a decisive finish.

The first tag match needed to be a technicallity because the feud had another 6 months to go and the Disasters had just turned faces two months earlier. It would have been a bad decision to have a pinfall in that match.

In 93, there was no way either Dibiase or IRS was scoring a pinfall on Hogan or Beefcake ... and the Mega Maniacs were obviously not winning the tag belts. I can understand that one.

WrestleMania V ... he could have gone over Beefcake but I understand why he didn't. Beefcake was on the verge of becomming Hogan's little buddy.

92-Money Inc loses to Natural Disasters by Countout

Done so Money Inc. can keep the titles while having a face win the match.

93-Money inc beat Mega Maniacs by dq

Done so Hogan didn't lose the match "for real" before his title win later in the night.

You already explained VII against Virgil.

The other two I have no idea.

Jason

Guest Stunt Granny

The finish at Wresltmania VI was there so DiBiase could retain the $Million$ Championship, but not go over Jake. Kind of a cop-out if you ask me.

No reason really for him not to go over Jake. After all, what did he have on the horizon that he needed to be protected so much for? Bad News Brown's Muppet Sewer Rat?

I think cawthon summed it up nicely as to why all of the screwjobs took place. They always seemed concerned with not really jobbing Brutus, but at the same time, they always were hesistant to go with him full force (his IC title match with the HTM comes to mind).

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
No reason really for him not to go over Jake. After all, what did he have on the horizon that he needed to be protected so much for? Bad News Brown's Muppet Sewer Rat?

I think cawthon summed it up nicely as to why all of the screwjobs took place. They always seemed concerned with not really jobbing Brutus, but at the same time, they always were hesistant to go with him full force (his IC title match with the HTM comes to mind).

Because at that point Jake was like the Number 3 face in the company behind Hulk and Warrior and would be needed to do the semi-mains with Hulk leaving for a while and Warrior in the top spots.

WrestleMania V ... he could have gone over Beefcake but I understand why he didn't. Beefcake was on the verge of becomming Hogan's little buddy.

But right after Wrestlemania, Beefcake did a series of jobs to Rick Martel to help get him over as a heel.

But right after Wrestlemania, Beefcake did a series of jobs to Rick Martel to help get him over as a heel.

That wasn't until much much later in the year, fall / winter. Right after WrestleMania, Martel dominated the first leg of his never-ending feud with Tito.

That wasn't until much much later in the year, fall / winter. Right after WrestleMania, Martel dominated the first leg of his never-ending feud with Tito.

I stand corrected.

Did Tito ever get a big win over Martel?

On TV? Not that I'm aware of. He did beat Martel in the finals of the 1989 KOTR tourney but being as no one outside the arena saw the match it doesn't amount to much.