TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

Worst Final Fantasy Villain?

Oh, and I love the voice acting in FFX! I can't get enough of Wakka's voice, ya.

If they ever remake FF VIII they need to get David Boreanaz to be Squall for it, that would be the best thing ever.

Oh, and I love the voice acting in FFX! I can't get enough of Wakka's voice, ya.

Voices I liked:

Wakka (John Dimaggio, aka Bender, one of my fav cartoon characters ever)

Jecht (Greg Berger, aka Cornfed, Orson, Agent K)

Cid (Mike McShane, that really big guy from old "Whose Line..." episodes)

Voices I really didn't like:

Rikku (Tara Strong, aka Bubbles from PPG, 'nuff said)

Tidus (some dude, dunno what else he's done, don't care)

I did think Yuna's VA (Hedy Burress) did a fine job capturing Yuna's innocence and idealism (for the portion I played) in FFX, but I can't see the same voice behind the now rebellious and free-spirited Yuna

My problem with Tidus in FFX is the script, he must say "old man" like 100 times.

I really like Yuna's voice acting in X-2. It's so cool. She's not really THAT rebellious or free spirited in X-2. She does a good job showing how Yuna is still pretty shy, but is having a lot of fun.

I guess The Emperor, there really isn't much to him. He doesn't even have a name.

I like the villains to be on screen doing stuff often. Villains like Kuja, Kefka and Sephiroth. It sucks when they build someone up and then claim they were controlled the entire time, like Yevon, Ultimecia and Zemus.

I don't really mind Necron. It's better than something revealing it was controlling Kuja the whole time and it made it easier for them to turn Kuja good.

Of course, the ones I've heard from are almost all male, so that could be a big factor.

If so, it proves girls are better than guys.

If so it proves that guys have better tastes than girls.

You see the difference is I prefer the characters to drive the story, rather then the story to drive the characters. That's why I enjoyed VIII so much.

That's why I prefer IX. Three of my favourite FF characters (Zidane, Vivi & Freya) are from that game and I didn't really hate anybody (maybe Eiko). IX didn't have the greatest story, but I cared about the characters in it. The art was the greatest of any final fantasy, and even the minor characters (Tantalus, Zorn & Thorn, Beatrix, etc.) stood out and gave you a reason to care about them. They weren't just a bunch of identical looking and sounding guys like in VIII. I like the Suikoden series for the same reason, although admittedly Suikoden has a better story than any of the Final Fantasy games, including VI. VI is still more fun to play though.

In VIII, the only characters I even liked were Selphie and the jobber villains Biggs & Wedge. Squall was probably my second favourite of the main party, and I didn't like him at all. Zell, Quistis, Rinoa & Irvine were all extremely annoying. Quistis was the worst of the bunch. She would never, EVER shut up. I was happy when Squall brushed her off at the Garden Training Centre.

If only Square would put Squall in all their games, then gaming wouldn't be male dominated once MILLIONS of girls started playing them.

If only Square would put Squall in all their games, then gaming wouldn't be male dominated once MILLIONS of girls started playing them.

I seriously doubt millions of girls would play it. Just girls like you.

Most girls don't find a computer animated character to be cute...they look at you know...real guys. Try it sometime.

Girls "like me"?

Or guys...I don't know what you really are.

Yes girls that play video games as much as you do. Not all girls are like that and most of them don't think a computer animated guy is "OMG HAWT!"

You do know what I am.

I know not all girls are "like me", in the sense that they play lots of games. Obviously gaming is mostly guys.

I have never said Squall is "omg hawt". I don't talk like that!

Guest Kamui
3. That's why I loathe Final Fantasy VIII. They put the love story before the actual story. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Zidane/Dagger romance, but at least in that game there was an actual story, with an actual villain. So if I didn't care too much about whether or not Zidane would get the girl, I at least gave a crap about saving the world from Kuja.

Same with X. I wasn't swooning at the sight of Tidus and Yuna kissing, I didn't really care, but that little thing called, you know, the plot, made the game worth playing.

Not so with VIII.

/shrug

It all comes down to what you're into- I can certainly see why someone who loathes romance stories would hate VIII, because you're right- unlike IX or X, there's nothing else there to take the focus off the Squall/Rinoa romance.

But I love romance, and that's why I love VIII- it has a very clear focus and it sticks to it. Plus, the setting and general ambience of the game (having the best FF soundtrack of them all helps a LOT here) is unrivaled by any other FF game.

3. That's why I loathe Final Fantasy VIII. They put the love story before the actual story. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the Zidane/Dagger romance, but at least in that game there was an actual story, with an actual villain. So if I didn't care too much about whether or not Zidane would get the girl, I at least gave a crap about saving the world from Kuja.

Same with X. I wasn't swooning at the sight of Tidus and Yuna kissing, I didn't really care, but that little thing called, you know, the plot, made the game worth playing.

Not so with VIII.

/shrug

It all comes down to what you're into- I can certainly see why someone who loathes romance stories would hate VIII, because you're right- unlike IX or X, there's nothing else there to take the focus off the Squall/Rinoa romance.

But I love romance, and that's why I love VIII- it has a very clear focus and it sticks to it. Plus, the setting and general ambience of the game (having the best FF soundtrack of them all helps a LOT here) is unrivaled by any other FF game.

I like romance as much as the next guy. But I didn't enjoy that romance at all.

Guest Kamui
Side note: I'm curious as to what Sakura and Yuna look like

Sidenote: I'm curious to know why TSM's sexual relations seem to harkon back to the '50s.

Sidenote: I'm curious to know why TSM's sexual relations seem to harkon back to the '50s.

Don't diss the '50s.

Guest Kamui

Don't diss the '50s.

Don't you have some computer whores to be fucking and then killing to get your money back, GTA boy? We don't need YOUR KIND in a Final Fantasy thread.

(A GTAist.)

Don't diss the '50s.

Don't you have some computer whores to be fucking and then killing to get your money back, GTA boy? We don't need YOUR KIND in a Final Fantasy thread.

(A GTAist.)

Wow...you're so mature.

I did think Yuna's VA (Hedy Burress) did a fine job capturing Yuna's innocence and idealism (for the portion I played) in FFX, but I can't see the same voice behind the now rebellious and free-spirited Yuna

She does a very good job, in my opinion. It's more energetic, more...well, just more of everything, really.

Most girls don't find a computer animated character to be cute...they look at you know...real guys. Try it sometime.

I think Squall, Seifer, and Riku are cute, as well as Seth Green, Alan Cumming, and Ray Parks. Just because a chick thinks someone in a medium of artwork is hot, doesn't mean she only looks at those guys.

Well, I wouldn't go that far with my likeness of Squall...

Yes girls that play video games as much as you do. Not all girls are like that

There are lots of chicks that play video games, especially the FF series. I'd say there's about as much chicks who play games as there are guys, if not more so.

I'm not what you'd call 'pretty', and I'm slightly fat. There, happy?

Let's put it this way. The girls that all guys want. The ones that guys may deny they want but actually want. The hot blonde cheerleaders and such...that's what girls I'm referring to.

Feigned innocence?

A picture would be much better, honestly

And size has never been an issue with me.

A picture would be much better, honestly

And size has never been an issue with me.

No scanner; sorry.

I'm not sure that I could handle a picture of Yuna.  She has already made flowers grow in my heart where I once cultivated only dust and rock.

..........:huh: Um, uh, you're welcome?

I'm not sure that I could handle a picture of Yuna.  She has already made flowers grow in my heart where I once cultivated only dust and rock.

..........:huh: Um, uh, you're welcome?

Hehehehe

That still leaves Sakura's pic then