TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVD Spree

Movies on TV that you own the DVDs of...

Guest DVD Spree

Wasn't thinking of any flicks in particular, but it's just come to my attention that whenever there's a film on TV (Die Hard 3 being the most recent example) that I already own on DVD, I always sit and watch the damn TV broadcast. I mean, the TV versions are usually cut, censored, interrupted by ad breaks, and on UK terrestrial channels always get interrupted by the ten o'clock news. I could just go and throw on the DVD and watch the film uniterrupted in 5.1 and stuff, but I can't help it.

I dunno, just thought it was fucked up. Anyone else do the same thing?

Guest DVD Spree
I only do that with one movie.

Groundhog Day.

Every single time.

Given the nature of that movie, it's probably appropriate.

I do this all the time..it's embarassing.

No matter what time of day it is, I will drop everything to watch "Clear and Present Danger" on USA, even though I own it.

"Jurassic Park" and "The X-Files Movie" rank up there, too.

Groundhog Day

Christmas Story

Godfather 1 and 2

I don't know if they did it this year but TNT used to run Christmas Story for 24 hours straight on Thanksgiving and I would watch it as much as I could.

The Godfather movies used to run just about every weekend on either USA or AMC or TNN, I'm not exactly sure which, but I would watch them every weekend.

Groundhog Day

Christmas Story

Godfather 1 and 2

I don't know if they did it this year but TNT used to run Christmas Story for 24 hours straight on Thanksgiving and I would watch it as much as I could.

The Godfather movies used to run just about every weekend on either USA or AMC or TNN, I'm not exactly sure which, but I would watch them every weekend.

It was TNN. Don't you remember the stupid commercials that were out of place, given that it was Godfather?

Groundhog Day

Christmas Story

Godfather 1 and 2

It was TNN. Don't you remember the stupid commercials that were out of place, given that it was Godfather?

Yes, I remember. But AMC also did this and I remember because they wouldn't play many commercials that always makes a tv movie much more enjoyable.

I'll usually end up watching Dogma if its on TV even though i've seen it like a million times. Same with any James Bond movie - i own them all on tape, even though there doing by one get one free on dvd this year, i'm not sure if i can be bothered to go through the expense of stepping up to DVD.

Guest El Satanico

I do it all the time with almost any movie I own. I refuse to watch movies on channels like USA, because they suck with commercials and cuts. If a movie I own and like comes on a channel that's decent about commercials and cuts, I'm watching at least parts of it.

AMC, TCM and Fox Movie Channel are the best basic cable channels for movies. IFC is another good non-premium channel, but everyone doesn't get it.

A recent example of this:

I watched parts of Requiem for a Dream on IFC last week.