TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

That "Milkshake" Song.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Barbie Girl was a well produced song by professionals, Milkshake is produced by Kelis who does not have any clue what she is doing other than looking sexy and jiggying her breasts.

I'm too lazy to decide wether or not you are joking but Milkshake was written by the Neptunes. Two of the more interesting mainstream artists.

I doubt he was joking. People shouldn't post about something that they're so uninformed about. Not one of the Neptunes' stronger outings but I wouldn't say that they have no idea what they're doing. Yeah, he said Kelis didn't have clue what she was doing, but since the Neptunes were the ones who actually produced it and the beat was what he was referring to, that's basically what he's saying there.

I am serious this time, the song sounds terrible. My main complaint with the song is the bad transition from the "rapping" of Kelis to the singing portion of the song. I don't care who made the beats or wrote the song the end result is hard on the ears. It has poor production values, the vocals are all wrong, the hooks are average at best.

To me it seems like there was suppose to be another person on the track lika a Ja Rule or a Da Brat type person doing the rapping on the song. But they no-showed and left the executive producer Kelis to do all of the vocals by herself which hurts the song in my opinion.

This track is just begging for a remix. The beats are good, hooks are average, it just needs somebody who can take the attention away from Kelis vocals, there needs to be a contrast between the "Mine are better than yours" and "Da Da Da Da" and "blah blah blah blah Milkshake blah blah blah Milkshake". Maybe just leave Kelis as the background singer and have somebody, anybody, do the rest.

Hell get DJ Clue or Flex to yell there names or EXCLUSIVE every five seconds with some rapper like Lil Kim on the remix.

This track is just begging for a remix. The beats are good, hooks are average, it just needs somebody who can take the attention away from Kelis vocals, there needs to be a contrast between the "Mine are better than yours" and "Da Da Da Da" and "blah blah blah blah Milkshake blah blah blah Milkshake". Maybe just leave Kelis as the background singer and have somebody, anybody, do the rest.

I disagree. The best thing to do would be to shove a very large knife right between Kelis' milkshakes and then pretend this song never happened. (Oh, and burn all copies of the shitacular video.)