TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

A question for the Yanks

Also, he's anti-abortion except for when the mother's life is at risk, but supports the death penalty. That's just as confusing as the liberals that do the opposite.

I disagree with you Jobber. To me, who does indeed believe that, with abortion you're killing a human life that made no crime except existing while the death penalty is for those guilty of a horrible crime and deserves death. I don't see how that's contradictory.

Someone believing in slaughtering the unborn but letting serial killers and rapists live is leagues more hypocritical than someone thinking the other way around, in my opinion.

Now if the argument would be about pro-lifers caring so much about a life in a poor woman's womb, but giving two shits about the life after it was born, then I could understand that argument...

Someone believing in slaughtering the unborn but letting serial killers and rapists live is leagues more hypocritical than someone thinking the other way around, in my opinion.

From the viewpoint of justice, I would agree with that.

But from the view presented by so many abortion critics, that life is always precious etc etc etc, it doesn't make sense.

[Keyes offered] a civics lesson to fifth graders at a NH school today. “If I were to lose my mind right now and pick one of you up and bash your head against the floor and kill you, would that be right?”

A chorus of “No.”

“It’s wrong to kill children, isn’t it? At what age is it right to kill children? Think it was OK to kill you when you were 6?,” Keyes asked one child. The child shook his head no.

“Think it was OK to kill you when you were 6 months? You sure? Because we live in a country right now where according to some of our courts and some of our politicians, it is OK,“ Keyes said.

”Our rights come from God. We human beings don’t have the right to take away that right from any human being, including the human beings who haven’t quite got here yet. Because we have denied freedom to children in the womb who haven’t yet gotten to this world, freedom will be denied to you and to your brothers and sisters and to your children.“

Source: Boston Globe, p. A27 Jan 28, 2000