TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

The OAO SmackDown! Thread for 12/11

Guest TheArchiteck

Man, this battle is hilarious.

And damn Big Show's gut is huge. He really is getting bigger.

Guest TheArchiteck

Yeah, Cena's hat & shirt looks better on a person than it did on those online pics.

Guest TheArchiteck
Hey Archetick...your sig is like...totally August 2003. I know time is flying by this year but puh-lease~!

Yeah, this year just flew by!

But your sig is way more outdated than mines. :P

Hey Archetick...your sig is like...totally August 2003. I know time is flying by this year but puh-lease~!

Yeah, this year just flew by!

But your sig is way more outdated than mines. :P

Never! Jericho will always be Undisputed Champ.

Damn...this match really has picked up.

UGH...even though I like how they are using the past for a storyline (Holly's neck being broken in late 2002), but this is just stupid. Benoit isn't even on the program and they are now basing their big feud for the next month between Holly & Brock? Yeah ok.

UGH...even though I like how they are using the past for a storyline (Holly's neck being broken in late 2002), but this is just stupid. Benoit isn't even on the program and they are now basing their big feud for the next month between Holly & Brock? Yeah ok.

It looks like they're saving the Benoit feud for Wrestlemania, so it's not that bad.

I hope they're not planning to run with Brock/Holly for the Rumble though.

Guest PowerPB13

So...

We're sacrificing Benoit and Misterio to Lesnar to build him up for a match with Bob Holly.

Got it.

-Patrick

Wow, I thought Lesnar made Mysterio look really, really good. That was a great match, although it was quite short.

Still, it wasn't such a bad SmackDown. Better than it has been lately.

Shit, I hope they go all the way with Benoit vs. Brock *just* for their promos, now. Brocks promo quality has increased dramatically and I'm liking his new cockier character. When Benoit talks, I just want him to say MORE. They should have started off the show with a Benoit promo to put more emphasis on him and his match last week, but it looks like they are slow burning his quest for the title - which I question. They could juxtaposition his desire to become champion with Hardcores desire for revenge and how Benoits' is pure and comes from a place of love, light, and truth, while Hardcores is from a place of darkness and hate - which is why Hardcore will fail and ultimately destroy himself from the inside (and out) and why Benoit succeeds. I mean, they won't cause that shit is poetic and they can't do any crap like that, but it's always a possibility.

Heyman saying "You came a bit too close to winning" was a nice touch, as was Benoit making no excuses - it's a shame they never really delved deeper.

Rey vs. Brock was really, really good. A lot of smart work that god the crowd hot and made Rey look like a legit contender. Brocks power bomb was a thing of beauty and he should be winning matches with it (along with the german suplex). Shit, they should just have Lesnar do an exhibition against a bunch of indy scum where he goes through 5-10 guys and pins them with various moves. The last guy can be hardcore holly, if you want to further the feud and give it a point other than getting Lesnars moves over. They should call the leg submission the Brock Lock 03 - I just like that kinda stuff.

The Tag Match was good, I commented on it in Jhawks thread.

Alberts face turn and explanation for betting on Benoit sucked. I mean, it didn't suck in regards to what they did, but rather, in regards to what they could have done. "I went with the odds - trying to make a buck" fucking sucked compared to "I have that much respect for Benoit" - that way it gets them both over rather than copping out. As for the turn, or whatever that was, me thinks they are just setting up a Albert/Morgan match - and who the fuck wants that? HEY, maybe the Boston Bad Boyz can team up!!!! I WANT THAT! 3B!

Cena and Shows rap battle was good. Show opening with "let me speak on this" had me markin. The lines were good, it's in the midcard which is where it belongs, and it puts ~heat~ on the feud. "Watch it Johnny, your cuttin deep". Coles "You don't want to make a 500 lbs giant angry" kinda ruined it though, since he ALWAYS says that.

Rhyno vs. Bradshaw was a nice lil match - but maybe that's because I actually kinda dig Bradshaws watered-down Hansen-lite style -they should be a scosh stiffer though, even by WWE standards.

Fuck it, the cat thing ruled. Not because it was good, cause it wasn't. I fucking hate Lemont. But because it was absolutely, completely, 100% pointless. They knew it. The crowd knew it. You knew it. And I knew it. Great stuff.

I marked for the kid wearing the PUNISHMENT skullcap too - and the two drunks in the 3rd row wearing them too... I was tryin to find Tito but I just COULDN'T!