TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hhheld_down

The OAO Best of RAW 2003 Thread 12-22-03

Hopefully, he can show up more often, especially since his last movie didn't do too well, and I'm predicting the next one won't go over that great, either...his stock will fall pretty fast, which is the standard.

Actually, I thought "The Rundown" actually did good but didn't do AS GOOD as the studio and The Rock wanted it to. It wasn't the $100 MILLION IN THE FIRST WEEKEND that they had hoped.

Those kind of things mean a LOT in Hollywood. When a studio's expectations(no matter how high) aren't met, word spreads...

It may sound harsh that the production company would think it would do THAT good, but the were confident enough to support the Rock, and really backed the movie up with plenty of press...

I don't see the problem with commercials for the other side's shows. In reality, the company obviously would be doing themselves a diservice NOT to promote their own shows, and in kayfabe, it can be assumed that the other brand bought the ad time. I used to see ads for WWF shows during Nitro and vice versa all the time.

Well hey, you're entitled to enjoy matches of whoever you like, too. Even if they suck and haven't produced good matches in years and only receive pops during their entrances.

Rock didn't invent the Sharpshooter, that's true.

But the Rock didn't start using the Sharpshooter when BRET WAS THE WORLD CHAMP and call it by a DIFFERENT NAME.

Sigh.

Both brands are represented in the games so it's no big deal, besides SmackDown is THE WWE game...Raw was a disaster

I agree about the upcoming shows though

Raw was a disaster. Raw2 was a vast improvement, but has too many glitches. The controls are very similar to No Mercy's.

BACK ON TOPIC....

I'm glad they're showing this match. I'd like it better if they did a count-down of the top matches of the year, like they used to.

Well hey, you're entitled to enjoy matches of whoever you like, too. Even if they suck and haven't produced good matches in years and only receive pops during their entrances.

But the Rock didn't start using the Sharpshooter when BRET WAS THE WORLD CHAMP and call it by a DIFFERENT NAME.

Sigh.

Bret used the sharpshooter after and during Sting was doing it at the same time in WCW. What's your point? As long as you're not in the same company it's fair game. Happens all the time. THe only reason Booker still used the bookend when he first came to the WWF was to further his feud with Rock. He stopped using it after.

I don't see the problem with commercials for the other side's shows. In reality, the company obviously would be doing themselves a diservice NOT to promote their own shows, and in kayfabe, it can be assumed that the other brand bought the ad time. I used to see ads for WWF shows during Nitro and vice versa all the time.

wouldn't it be better if the announcers said something about it, either in a positive or negative way?

Or maybe even the GM's of the respective shows, bitching about the other "brand" advertising in their airtime???

Bret used the sharpshooter after and during Sting was doing it at the same time in WCW. What's your point? As long as you're not in the same company it's fair game. Happens all the time. THe only reason Booker still used the bookend when he first came to the WWF was to further his feud with Rock. He stopped using it after.

The last time Booker used the Bookend was a few weeks ago on RAW. I can't remember who but, I think it was Mark Henry.

Sigh.

Defense A: Wasn't Bret WCW Champion during one of Rock's reigns?

Defense B: It was Russo's idea. Yeah...that's the ticket.

wouldn't it be better if the announcers said something about it, either in a positive or negative way?

Or maybe even the GM's of the respective shows, bitching about the other "brand" advertising in their airtime???

No, when I watching Nitro, Tony Schiavone didn't rant about how the WWF sucks before one of their commercials came on promoting RAW during the break...hmmm kind of a bad example I guess...but you get the point. It's not usually during the middle of the show, it's usually during a commercial break, there's no discontinuity. And besides, even the dumbest of marks knows that RAW and Smackdown are still the same company owned by Vince (in fact, it's blatantly acknoledged) so there would be nothing strangeabout Vince wanting to promote both his shows.

Both brands are represented in the games so it's no big deal, besides SmackDown is THE WWE game...Raw was a disaster

Then if the WWE has given up on the idea of seperate games, why do they not change the name of the game? It is very lopsided to have just a Smackdown! game.

Why the hell is there an overrun for a CLIP SHOW???

Officially, they have till 11:05.

OK, now...why the hell is there an overrun for a CLIP SHOW???

I....I don't know.

eh, that wasn't as painful as I thought it would've been

Still better than watching the damned Packers/Raiders, and having to put up with some announcers verbally blowing Bret Farve, while watching some of the most trashy, classless fans ever contained in one stadium...

Well, time for MXC!!!! See ya jerkies later!!!

Defense A:  Bret was never WCW World Champ during The Rock's title reigns.

Defense B:  Russo's idea?  Really, or is that your opinion. 

Defense A: Within four months then.

Defense B: Actually I was making a joke.

(My use of "yeah...that's the ticket" should've made it a dead give away for you.)

Edited by Y2Jerk