TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

"New" Astroboy trailer 2003 series

Guest wildpegasus

Here's a cool site that has both the Italian and Japanese startings for the Tiger Mask show from both the 60s and 80s.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

From the sounds of it, Tiger Mask II really took a different direction.

Some pictures

Mr. X !!

th_mrx.jpg

Naoto aka Tiger Mask standing in Tiger's Cave. Taken from thes starting of the show

salto_g.jpg

Yes, you're not seeing things. This is an indicator of how violent this show actually was

uomo247_g.jpg

THis is Black Tiger - the gimmick that Marc Rocco and Eddie Guerrero used! Each Tiger was known for somthing different. I believe Black Tiger was known for speed

th_uomo222.jpg

I don't know what this is but it looks cool!

th_uomo210.jpg

Guest wildpegasus

Tiger Mask II pic. Anone who's played Tekken knows that King loves his children. The Tekken charactor is actually based off of the Tiger Mask show.

uomo33_g.jpg

Ruriko -- THe female star of the show/caretaker of the orpanage and the most wholesome woman ever. From Tiger mask I. Redifines sexiness.

th_tigre2.gif

Awesome Pic

luomotigre_ita_op.jpg

Translated Italian Tiger Mask lyrics!

Tiger Man! Graurrr..

hermit in the night goes

if the encounter great fear makes

its face has the mask

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

Graurr...

mysterious its identita'

e' a secret that nobody knows

who hides that mask

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

Graurr...

e' the Man Tiger that fight against the evil

he only fights the malvagita'

he does not have fear, strikes itself with fury

and every encounter to gain he knows

but the Man Tiger has in bottom a great heart

he only fights for the liberta'

he defends the bonds, knows cos' e' the love

our hero never perdera'

he has many friends, and large e' the bonta'

but with the enemy he does not have pieta'

Tiger Man! Graurr...

all know that e' invincible

he on the ring e' formidable

in the frightening fight e'

the tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

Graurr...

in the Lair of Tigris he

secretly it enters flat and then

with surprise it attacks all

the tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

tiger, Tiger Man

Graurr...

e' the Man Tiger that fight against the evil

but the Man Tiger has in bottom a great heart

he only fights for the liberta'

he defends the bonds, knows cos' e' the love

our hero never perdera'

he has many friends, large e' the bonta'

but with the enemy he does not have pieta'

but the Man Tiger fight against the evil

it has many friends, and large e' the bonta'

but with the enemy it does not have pieta'

Tiger Man! Graurr...

For my own amusement

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Guest wildpegasus

ASTROBOY PICTURE OF THE DAY!!

atomu35-2.jpg

WP -- SO does anyone have a favourite pic yet?

Guest Ray

"WP -- SO does anyone have a favourite pic yet? "

I got a big kick out of the one with the giant baloon floating by the window. It's just something you don't expect to see every day.

Guest wildpegasus
"WP -- SO does anyone have a favourite pic yet? "

I got a big kick out of the one with the giant baloon floating by the window. It's just something you don't expect to see every day.

And it's completely out of the blue. If I was watching that movie I know the Perfect Strangers "Dance of Joy" would've had to be done after that.

For me, it's either this

th_astrotwo.jpg

or

this

atomu40-2.jpg

or of course the aforementioned movie pic.

BTW Ray, did the Samurai Jack DVD come in yey?

Guest Ray

"BTW Ray, did the Samurai Jack DVD come in yey? "

Nope, still waiting!

Just thought of a question - will they release a DVD set for seasons 2-3? I checked a few websites and couldn't find anything on that.

Guest wildpegasus

Nope, still waiting!

Just thought of a question - will they release a DVD set for seasons 2-3? I checked a few websites and couldn't find anything on that.

I don't know. I'll have to do some research on that.

Cool Tidbit -- They were going to make a live action Samurai Jack movie but I think although I don't really know anymore that talk has been minimal about it lately.

Guest wildpegasus

Nope, still waiting!

Cool Tidbit -- They were going to make a live action Samurai Jack movie but I think although I don't really know anymore that talk has been minimal about it lately.

Ray, I've been told and I quote "Last I heard was June of this year for S2".

Does anybody know what websites give release dates of upcoming DVDS?

BTW, looks like the live action movie's pretty much off.

Guest wildpegasus

Nope, still waiting!

Ray, I've been told and I quote "Last I heard was June of this year for S2".

Does anybody know what websites give release dates of upcoming DVDS?

BTW, looks like the live action movie's pretty much off.

Still doing more research Ray.

http://www.auntiemomo.com/samuraijack/news.html

SAMURAI JACK NEWS

SJ SEASON 2

"Look for the second season of Samurai Jack to come out on DVD in the Spring of 2005, along with episodes of Ed, Edd, N Eddy. The Venture Bros. are looking to hit DVD that Fall, along with plenty of other shows throughout 2005. This includes the third season of Samurai Jack, which will be released that winter."

(From Animation HQ Forums)

WP -- Check out the news section there. Looks like Genndy Tartakovsky did a great job with the Star Wars shorts as well.

Guest The Ohtani of Time
ASTROBOY PICTURE OF THE DAY

atom40-3.jpg

Who the heck is that villian?

Guest wildpegasus

atom40-3.jpg

Good to hear from you Ohtani of Time. Did you catch the last "Lost" (as in the Lost Tv show, not the lost Astroboy episode) episode? I saw it but Final Fantasy X1 addict hasn't yet. I don't know about SFHJOB either.

I don't know who it is in the picture. Time to do some research.

Out of curiousity, what time did you post that response?

And I thought you'd get a kick out of this. Over on deathvalleydriver.com in your favourite 10 episodes of TV ever at least 3 people nominated the episode with Ventura and Trebek as part of their top 10 episodes ever on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, I spread some love for Astroboy over there. So did RavishingRickRudo. There's also a thread over here on the same topic.

Live long and prosper!

BTW, I watched that 2/3 falls match with Benoit/Lyger/Samurai/Hamada vs Ohtani/Taka Michinoku (added a lot of cool little things to the match)/Kashin (before he put on the mask) and Kanemoto. Great match with Benoit looking as strong kayfabe wise as he ever has. The Horseman (although Hamada I believe wasn't a Horseman he fit in with the old vs New Generation angle they were doing) This got more time than any junior tag match I can think of and I really think that these guys are capable of putting on the best match ever. That's what I got from this. It was great but I can see them doing even better.

An ultimate dream match for me now may be

Benoit/Eddie/Lyger/Dynamite Kid vs Taka Michinoku/The Great Sasuke/Rey Mysterio Jr./Ohtani

or

Benoit/Lesnar/Dynamite Kid/Eddie Guerero vs Kobashi/Kawada/Ohtani/Rey Mysterio Jr.

or

Benoit/Lesnar/Eddie Guerrero/Lyger vs Kobashi/Dynamite Kid/Ksawada/Ohtani

or

I could do this forever.

Guest The Ohtani of Time

atom40-3.jpg

Good to hear from you Ohtani of Time. Did you catch the last "Lost" (as in the Lost Tv show, not the lost Astroboy episode) episode? I saw it but Final Fantasy X1 addict hasn't yet. I don't know about SFHJOB either.

And I thought you'd get a kick out of this. Over on deathvalleydriver.com in your favourite 10 episodes of TV ever at least 3 people nominated the episode with Ventura and Trebek as part of their top 10 episodes ever on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, I spread some love for Astroboy over there. So did RavishingRickRudo. There's also a thread over here on the same topic.

Live long and prosper!

BTW, I watched that 2/3 falls match with Benoit/Lyger/Samurai/Hamada vs Ohtani/Taka Michinoku (added a lot of cool little things to the match)/Kashin (before he put on the mask) and Kanemoto. Great match with Benoit looking as strong kayfabe wise as he ever has. The Horseman (although Hamada I believe wasn't a Horseman he fit in with the old vs New Generation angle they were doing) This got more time than any junior tag match I can think of and I really think that these guys are capable of putting on the best match ever. That's what I got from this. It was great but I can see them doing even better.

Benoit/Eddie/Lyger/Dynamite Kid vs Taka Michinoku/The Great Sasuke/Rey Mysterio Jr./Ohtani

or

Benoit/Lesnar/Dynamite Kid/Eddie Guerero vs Kobashi/Kawada/Ohtani/Rey Mysterio Jr.

or

or

I could do this forever.

tell ian i say hi

Guest Ray

SAMURAI JACK NEWS

SJ SEASON 2

"Look for the second season of Samurai Jack to come out on DVD in the Spring of 2005, along with episodes of Ed, Edd, N Eddy. The Venture Bros. are looking to hit DVD that Fall, along with plenty of other shows throughout 2005. This includes the third season of Samurai Jack, which will be released that winter."

Thanks for finding that!

Still waiting for Season 1 to arrive in the mail. :(

Get the first SJ DVD if you want to know how it starts.

The first episode is really good.

But season two is where the show takes off. Especially Jack vs. the Mauraders.

Here's a quick ep breakdown

201 Jack Learns to Jump Good. Great episode, cute but with some nice kung fu.

202 Three Stories of Jack. Okay ep, I liked the jokes in the first, the off kilter unease of the second, and the irony of the third.

203 Jack in the Battledome. Various battles. Good action, not much else, good for what it is.

204 Jack and the Scotsman II Great great ep. Nice scottish lore, good fights, and pretty nice dialog. Excellent ep overall.

205 Jack vs. Mauraders Top 3 Jack ep, best in season. minimal in everything but action.

206 Jack's Memories after an all action ep comes an ep devoted to who Jack is and how he became the man he is. Full of japanese feudal imagery, and almost nothing more, this episode is beatiful.

207 Jack vs. the Mountain Decent action, but mostly another story about how and why Jack fights. Nothing spectacular except some of the artwork.

208 Jack vs. the Smell a somewhat silly but artistically creative piece.

209 Jack vs. the Hunters another pure action story, continues the excellent tradition of this show, no dialog, merely a story told through actions.

210 Jack vs. Demongo This battle is interesting because of the variety and number of Jack's foes. Stellar art direction again, 2nd best ep in season

211 Jack vs. the White Rabbit a chase episode. A change a pace certainly, has some interesting takes off of the Lewis classic, but nothing exceptional.

212 Jack and the Centurions Superb, tied with Demongo for 2nd place. Best looking art of the season, if not most creative or effective. Good music, and just atmosphere out the wazoo. That this is on TV and not more appreciated is sad.

213 Jack needs Shoes What to do when your sandals break. Some laughs, a little action, and a touching ending. Not outstanding but fully acceptable.

Thats season two. Everyone is great, except possibly the White Rabbit ep.

The Demongo ep, the Centurions, and ESPECIALLY The Mauraders are classic eps. Seasons three and four have even better episodes, somehow, but these are all totally worth seeing.

I'll breakdown seasons three and four whenever they're released if I remember.

Guest wildpegasus

SAMURAI JACK NEWS

SJ SEASON 2

Thanks for finding that!

Still waiting for Season 1 to arrive in the mail. :(

Let's just hope that information is accurate!

Hmm, I'm still waiting for my hjighspots order with my Tiger Mask episodes plus Benoit vs Lyger to come in so there must be some kind of curse here. Taking awhile for highspots who were always pretty quick in the past. I've heard they've gotten slower laterly.

Guest wildpegasus

atom40-3.jpg

Live long and prosper!

or

or

or

I could do this forever.

tell ian i say hi

I will. I saw him there for the first time in about 2 weeks yesterday. Managed to watch the Lost episode. Did you see it?

And I'm repeating this in case you missed it!

I forgot to mention this was X-Files I was talking about! So not only was this one of the best X-Files episodes ever it was one of the best episodes of ANYTHING ever!! Now, can you dig that, suckaaaar?

Guest wildpegasus
Get the first SJ DVD if you want to know how it starts.

The first episode is really good.

But season two is where the show takes off. Especially Jack vs. the Mauraders.

Here's a quick ep breakdown

201 Jack Learns to Jump Good. Great episode, cute but with some nice kung fu.

202 Three Stories of Jack. Okay ep, I liked the jokes in the first, the off kilter unease of the second, and the irony of the third.

203 Jack in the Battledome. Various battles. Good action, not much else, good for what it is.

204 Jack and the Scotsman II Great great ep. Nice scottish lore, good fights, and pretty nice dialog. Excellent ep overall.

205 Jack vs. Mauraders Top 3 Jack ep, best in season. minimal in everything but action.

206 Jack's Memories after an all action ep comes an ep devoted to who Jack is and how he became the man he is. Full of japanese feudal imagery, and almost nothing more, this episode is beatiful.

207 Jack vs. the Mountain Decent action, but mostly another story about how and why Jack fights. Nothing spectacular except some of the artwork.

208 Jack vs. the Smell a somewhat silly but artistically creative piece.

209 Jack vs. the Hunters another pure action story, continues the excellent tradition of this show, no dialog, merely a story told through actions.

210 Jack vs. Demongo This battle is interesting because of the variety and number of Jack's foes. Stellar art direction again, 2nd best ep in season

211 Jack vs. the White Rabbit a chase episode. A change a pace certainly, has some interesting takes off of the Lewis classic, but nothing exceptional.

212 Jack and the Centurions Superb, tied with Demongo for 2nd place. Best looking art of the season, if not most creative or effective. Good music, and just atmosphere out the wazoo. That this is on TV and not more appreciated is sad.

213 Jack needs Shoes What to do when your sandals break. Some laughs, a little action, and a touching ending. Not outstanding but fully acceptable.

Thats season two. Everyone is great, except possibly the White Rabbit ep.

The Demongo ep, the Centurions, and ESPECIALLY The Mauraders are classic eps. Seasons three and four have even better episodes, somehow, but these are all totally worth seeing.

I'll breakdown seasons three and four whenever they're released if I remember.

201 Jack Learns to Jump Good.  Great episode, cute but with some nice kung fu.

Awesome ep. Just the whole "Jump Good" bit I found hilarious. Also Jack's training I took an interest to in this.

206 Jack's Memories after an all action ep comes an ep devoted to who Jack is and how he became the man he is.  Full of japanese feudal imagery, and almost nothing more, this episode is beatiful.

Is this the ep where Jack is in the "hayfield" with a little girl where there's no dialogue at all? If so, I loved this one

207 Jack vs. the Mountain  Decent action, but mostly another story about how and why Jack fights.  Nothing spectacular except some of the artwork.

No, no, no. This one I love. THis is where Jack climbs up the mountain following those 3 men. Everything I loved about this. The mountain climbing, the cold weather, the way the 3 men moved, why Jack climbs up, the action itself It's all superb.

Agreed. One of the show's best. Fantastic stuff -- Seeing how and if Jack would survive trying to not get killed

210 Jack vs. Demongo  This battle is interesting because of the variety and number of Jack's foes.  Stellar art direction again, 2nd best ep in season

This is the invincable guy who just unleashes enemy upon enemy. Worth watching alone for the appearance of one of the Ninja Turtles. Anyone else think he can take out Aku?

EricMM, did you see that ep where they had those 3 robots in a car with the crazy music on at the same time fighting Jack? It might be from Jack and The Traveling Creature. Anyway, if you know what I'm talking about do you have any idea if those 3 robots were inspired by anything? Thanks for any response.

Seriously when I mention that one ep isnt' that good, it's cuz it's not as good as the best. Every single Jack episode is going to have at least one thing that is just amazing.

I don't know about the three robots, but I know the creature itself is modeled after My Neighbor Totoro or whatever the name is, the Anime creature

Guest wildpegasus
Seriously when I mention that one ep isnt' that good, it's cuz it's not as good as the best. Every single Jack episode is going to have at least one thing that is just amazing.

I don't know about the three robots, but I know the creature itself is modeled after My Neighbor Totoro or whatever the name is, the Anime creature

Yeah, there were only about two episodes so far that didn't really hit home with me. You're right. Pratically every episode has something that is memorable about it. It was one of those moments that got my curiosity going about the series. One of the early episodes where they have all this -- Jack walking in the bar with the weirded out but awesome music on -- a twisted take on the Alien's fork/hand bit -- tons of different creatures -- Jack kicking BUTT and than walking out with the music still playing. I tell ya. That got my attention.

The mountain episode is one of my favourites and captured a lot of the stuff I love about Samurai Jack. I think it belongs as one of the better episodes.

The episode of "Jack and The Creature" also mentioned Cogliostro in it so there were definitely on a Miyazaki kick that episode. Miyazaki helped make the critically acclaimed "Lupin III, the Castle of Cogliostro" movie.

About the three robots in the car -- It just took me completely off guard and was such a contrast to the rest of the episode. That episode wasn't one of my favourites (though the episode did help my moment I like stand out more) but the 3 robot part was definitely one of my favourite moments out there. Just totally out there. Put simply, it was cool. Or as they say in Startropics -- Totally radicola!

Question for anyone reading -- What is your favourite Samurai Jack moment? Discuss!

Guest The Ohtani of Time
Seriously when I mention that one ep isnt' that good, it's cuz it's not as good as the best.  Every single Jack episode is going to have at least one thing that is just amazing.

Yeah, there were only about two episodes so far that didn't really hit home with me. You're right. Pratically every episode has something that is memorable about it. It was one of those moments that got my curiosity going about the series. One of the early episodes where they have all this -- Jack walking in the bar with the weirded out but awesome music on -- a twisted take on the Alien's fork/hand bit -- tons of different creatures -- Jack kicking BUTT and than walking out with the music still playing. I tell ya. That got my attention.

The mountain episode is one of my favourites and captured a lot of the stuff I love about Samurai Jack. I think it belongs as one of the better episodes.

The episode of "Jack and The Creature" also mentioned Cogliostro in it so there were definitely on a Miyazaki kick that episode. Miyazaki helped make the critically acclaimed "Lupin III, the Castle of Cogliostro" movie.

About the three robots in the car -- It just took me completely off guard and was such a contrast to the rest of the episode. That episode wasn't one of my favourites (though the episode did help my moment I like stand out more) but the 3 robot part was definitely one of my favourite moments out there. Just totally out there. Put simply, it was cool. Or as they say in Startropics -- Totally radicola!

Question for anyone reading -- What is your favourite Samurai Jack moment? Discuss!

sounds like i might have to start watching samurai jack, you guys have sold me.

Guest wildpegasus
Seriously when I mention that one ep isnt' that good, it's cuz it's not as good as the best.  Every single Jack episode is going to have at least one thing that is just amazing.

sounds like i might have to start watching samurai jack, you guys have sold me.

Watch it and enjoy.

Ohtani, check out the botched wrestling video in the general wrestling forum. You will love it. Trust me. Tasteless at some points but some things in there are just fantastic to watch. Tell me what you thought.

Cursed computer's screwing up big time but don't worry guys, I will do everything in my power to keep this thread running.