TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest champchavez

What would you recommend?

Guest champchavez

Hey! I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me compile a Puroseau compilation with the following tapes, assuming some of you have seen some of these:

All Japan Strong Style Tradition

All Japan Giant Series 1995

All Japan Real World Tag Team Tourney Finals 1995

All Japan Giant Series October 1995

All Japan Giant Series 1997

All Japan Super Power Series 99

All Japan TV Show May 1999

All Japan Champions Carnival 1997

All Japan Super Excite Series 2000

Zero-One USA Fighting Illusion PPV

Noah Great Voyage PPV

New Japan 1/4/99

New Japan Pro Wrestling 3/14/91

New Japan 4/12/97

New Japan 1/4/1996

New Japan 1/4/1997

New Japan Top of the Super Juniors 97

New Japan Final Power Hall

New Japan Second Judgment PPV

NJPW Skydiving J

New Japan Pro Wrestling J Crown 1996

NJPW Best of the Super Juniors II 1995

Jushin Liger Premium Issue

Michinoku Pro/Toryumon TV Block January/February 99

Michinoku Pro : How is It?

Michinoku Pro : These Days

Battlarts Young Generation Battle 8/30/00

T2P Debut Show

Bombs, Blood and Barbed Wire

Big Japan Deathmatches Volume 3

IWA King of Death Matches 1995

W*ING Danger Zone

FMW Stage 3 : Story of the F

FMW King of the Death Matches

FMW 5/5/1996

FMW at the Shidome Legend 1/8/96

FMW Over the Top

FMW Yokohama Deathmatch

FMW Crash and Burn

FMW Onita Retirement Show

FMW 4/29/97

Lucha stuff:

CMLL Summer Tag Team Tournament 97

IWA Puerto Rico Lightheavyweight Tournament 1997

Ultimate Lucha Libre

Promo Azteca 1/28/99

Promo Azteca 2/25/99

Promo Azteca 26/8/99

Extreme Lucha Libre

AAA When World's Collide

The Riot in Tijuana 10/29/97

Thanks, and thanks to those who have helped me with my indie tapes.

All Japan stuff:

All Japan Strong Style Tradition-What matches are on this tape?

3 day Giant Series perhaps-If so, never got around to watching it. However, I've never really heard of any of the matches being pimped or acclaimed.

All Japan Real World Tag Team Tourney Finals 1995-eh...12/9/95 really isn't bad or anything, just not a stand out match. 6/9/95 and 10/15/95 were their great matches that year.

All Japan Giant Series 1995-Total waste of time. Nothing really essential, great, excellent, or even very good. Kawada/Kobashi draw is a borefest, well below their better matches: 4/93, 10/93, 95 Carnies, 97 Carines, 6/98.

All Japan Giant Series 1997-Is this the New Years? Misawa/Kobashi is obviously an all time classic, though I wouldn't rank it as high as others. I also remember the Taue/Akiyama match being rather fun, nothing great though.

All Japan Super Power Series 99-Eh..Misawa and Kobashi's days of great matches were pretty long gone by this point. Brace yourself for a sluggish pace, inconsistent selling, and meaningless head dropping. As far as the 6/4/99 tag match goes, the magic was gone.

All Japan TV Show May 1999-Not sure which matches are on this. Still, the company hasn't had a great match since 6/98.

ll Japan Champions Carnival 1997-Misawa/Kobashi draw is great. Kawada/Misawa is possibly one of the biggest "Fuck Yous" a company has ever given it's fans. A total disappointment. But the Kobashi/Kawada match is very good.

All Japan Super Excite Series 2000-Oh god, just seeing the title makes me cringe. Vadar has some so not great it's not even funny matches with Kawada and Kobashi.

The Misawa and Akiyama match is only 20 minutes long, yet it feels twice as long as the Kobashi/Kawada 96 draw snoozefest. See Akiyama work the neck, work the neck some more, work the neck some more, oh look he's working the neck. Misawa is a fucking zombie, who doesn't do shit, unless you count laying around on the mat as doing something. It's solid psychology, but it's fucking boring.

Eh. With the exception of Kobashi/Misawa 1/97, and the 97 Carnies, everything else is either underwhelming, average, or total shit.

Guest champchavez
.z

Well thanks for that! I hope to enjoy your insite again some time real soon.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Not to complain at you, but it would really be helpful if you could list out the matches and give dates to everything. The J Crown Tournament is the only NJPW show I can pull off the top of my head and that's due to the few matches on it.

1/4/96:

Some good stuff with Liger/Kanemoto, Takada/Mutoh and Vader/Inoki. There's why better out there though.

1/4/97:

Terrible for the most part except for Liger/Dragon and even then their 95 J-Cup match easily blows it out of the water.

Top of the Super Juniors 97:

The last 2 matches rock the rest is crap.

Skydiving J:

Excellent show for the most part, definately get this if your getting the J-Crown.

I'd certainly include the Art Barr/ Eddie Guerrero vs El Hijo Del Santo/ Octogon mask vs hair match from When World's Collide. One of the best matches I've seen