TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

For those who like Bush...

I am not a big fan of George W. Bush, at all. However, there are tons of people in this country who are fans of him, I just don't understand why.

This isn't attack on anybody because I respect people's opinions about politics. Some people just have different views than others. I just don't understand why people like Bush.

For those who do like him, how come? What good things do you think he did for the US?

Why don't you like him?

I don't have a feeling either way regarding him. I like some of his policies and dislike others. Overall I am satisfied in his job so far.

I don't have the time or desire to write out a long, well thought out response, but in a time where national security/international terrorism is my biggest concern, I feel that his administration is taking the right steps to protect us and making good progress, and I don't feel the Democratic candidates (especially nutso Howard Dean) could do a nbetter job. I also feel he is a lot more moderate than most give him credit for, he has a calm, likeable demeanor and still talks straight to you. I honestly feel like he has all our best interests at heart. Unless, another candidate upsets in the primary it'll be between Bush and Howard Dean. Dean I feel is a borderline dangerous man who would have trouble keeping his emotions balanced in a time when we need strong leadership. While Bush slips on his words every now and then, Dean blurts out the most inappropriate things, that I many times can not fathom coming from the leader of this country. I also completely disagree with his foreign policy views. Bush is not afraid to tell other countries to go fuck themselves if he feels they're not helping our best interests, and I think that's important. Anyway, that's just my late night ramblings of why I would support the president. Would you trust your life and country to THIS man:

pic_corner_cover_122203.jpg

I like that he's not this perfect suave politician. He doesn't have perfect grammar, and can act like some average Joe off the street. But he's also smarter than people give him credit for.

Why don't you like him?

I don't have a feeling either way regarding him. I like some of his policies and dislike others. Overall I am satisfied in his job so far.

I agree with this.

Oh and Vern, he'd have to be smarter since most of us think he has the IQ of a baked chicken wing.

I am a big fan of George W. Bush. However, there are tons of people in this country who aren't fans of him, I just don't understand why.

This isn't attack on anybody because I respect people's opinions about politics. Some people just have different views than others. I just don't understand why people don't like Bush.

For those who don't like him, how come? What bad things do you think he did to the US?

Fucking mindless topic. Figures it'd be molestomp.

lets see.. some of the bad things Bush has done

#1- He has provided the most divisive Presidency in a long time. After campaigning as a 'Uniter'

#2- the economy (don't give me that new math where Clinton is to blame, and Bush has fixed it all in just 2 years)

#3- Iraq. While it's nice that Iraqis are free. We didn't go there with that as the big reason. We went there because they were an immiment threat. We went there because they had weapons of mass destruction. Because they had all sorts of bad stuff. Anthrax, The Plague, Balsa Wood Planes. And, somehow, none of that has turned up in the 7 months we've been there. There's a shot something could turn up. But, the fact is that when it came to the threat from Iraq, it was greatly exaggerated. Don't get too excited if Saddam says something, unless it turns out he's actually telling the truth instead of being his usual lying self.

#4- The Patriot Act and other measures have hurt the US. The very fact that we have such a god damn stupid warning for people with ALMANACS is just sad. Watch out, they might find out info about towns in an almanac. Since, there's NOWHERE ELSE THEY COULD FIND THAT. Not to mention the FBI has the powers to check library lists, books that you buy and all sorts of unnecessary invasions of privacy. There's not a plausible reason why a book list would help determine if somebody is planning a terroristic action. It's not like you can go to the Public Library and check out "How to make pipebombs". Not to mention all the other great proposals in Patriot II (which, if I recall correctly, Bush signed on the 14th. Which was just about the same time that Saddam was getting his annual beard-lice inspection on CNN.)

While he's a nice guy and a baseball fan, that doesn't mean he's a good President. Jimmy Carter was a nice guy too, doesn't mean those on the other side felt he was a good president.

Really, do you think the President has done the most to protect, preserve and defend the Constitution? At the very least, has he upheld his oath of office?

Why don't you like him?

I don't have a feeling either way regarding him.  I like some of his policies and dislike others.  Overall I am satisfied in his job so far.

Bush doesn't want low-income people to benefit from Medicare, but rather rely on the state's Medicaid which varies from state to state. I really don't know all the facts about this one, so I can't have a strong argument. However, some low-income people might live in a state that doesn't have good Medicaid, so the Medicare might help them out.

I didn't support the war over in Iraq. Yes, we got Saddam, but any WMD? The $82 billion ( I think it is 82) we are using for the war, could be used to help out country out in many other ways.

Bush used EPA funds to help his campaign. Our environment is in plenty of need of help, and he uses the money to help his campaign. Not only did he use EPA money, but also the tax payers money to help him. This one is a bit stretching it, but Bush spent taxpayers money to send a letter telling people about their rebate check. When people see this letter, they will see that Bush is doing something for their benefit, so they might vote for him. Yes, that is a stretch and it is pretty smart, but still something he did sort of wrong.

I don't believe in the death penalty, and his old state put TONS of people to death under his watch. Plus, he wants to expand the death penalty around the country.

I am not a very religious person, but I respect their beliefs. Isn't there a separation between church and state? Bush doesn't think so because he gave some money to religious groups to help them.

I remember reading somewhere that Bush tried to cover up global warming. I don't know the facts, but he did do something to cover it up.

Bush had his "Marriage Protection Week" to protect gays from marrying. I don't really know all the facts about this, but I remember reading that Bush isn't for gay marriages, which I am.

This one really pushes my buttons. Bush sent soldiers out to war to fight for the country. But how did he reward them? By giving them a pay-cut. The Pentagon, under Bush's say, cut family separation pay when soldiers are away from their homes and imminent danger pay when soldiers are dyeing everyday in the war.

A big energy problem in our country is the pollution that car's omit everyday. The EPA, Bush's environmental agency, can't regulate auto emissions because carbon dioxide doesn't pollute the air. Huh? I could have sworn it is bad.

Clinton made a rule that parents who just had a child, could stay at home with their children right after birth and get paid. In my opinion, a child is raised best when a parent is at home. The parents can't work and stay at home with their children, so the gov't would give them a little money to help them. Bush got rid of this rule, before any states could put it into effect because big businesses opposed it.

Using Bush's religious beliefs, Bush took all information off the websites of the department of Health about condom use to prevent AIDS and programs to help teens be sexually safe. Bush believes that abstinence is the best way to safe sex and teens not getting preagnet. In my opinion, teens will have sex no matter what and some parents aren't good at telling their teens about safe sex. These teens MIGHT turn to websites to inform them, but the gov't websites won't help.

This one REALLY makes me mad: Bush is against fingerprinting of people owning guns. I believe that there is no need for people to own guns, but that would never happen. If a person does own a gun, then they should be fingerprinted before purchasing the gun that way if a murder does happen, and their fingerprints found, MAYBE that will be connected to the gun. Plus, Bush is for guns in households, when I am against that.

My dad is a veteran from Vietnam. He has Post-Tramadic-Stress Syndrome from it, and it caused him lots of problems over the years. Don't Vets have the right to health benefits and money they should get? Well, Bush sent a letter to VA admins telling them not to market healthcare to Vets and their families. Sooo, Bush sent out soldiers to Iraq, but he won't help past victims? Now that is fucked up.

I could go on, on and on, but I just don't like the guy. Granted no President is perfect, but Bush has done a lot of things I wish he didn't do.

I am a big fan of George W. Bush. However, there are tons of people in this country who aren't fans of him, I just don't understand why.

This isn't attack on anybody because I respect people's opinions about politics. Some people just have different views than others. I just don't understand why people don't like Bush.

For those who don't like him, how come? What bad things do you think he did to the US?

Fucking mindless topic. Figures it'd be molestomp.

Mindless? When I'm just asking why you like him? So the WHOLE Movies/TV/DVD forum is mindless because people want to know opinions about a movie they saw? Same thing here, I want to know why people like Bush, just like I would like to know why some people liked Matrix, for example.

He will probably will win the election and I am just wondering why people will vote for him.

Guest SP-1

I'm pretty much in line with Rant here. Going into Iraq was enforcing what the UN had already laid down in a previous resolution but was refusing to carry out.

If he weren't looking out for the interests of this country, chances are we'd have already suffered 9-11v.2 or worse. Arrests have been made, terror plans have been foiled. Had Bush and his administration not enacted some of the measures they have, these things likely would not have happened.

His normality appeals to me. His concern for our troops (espcially the surprise visit over Thanksgiving) appeals to me. And I genuinely believe he has America's best interests at heart.

As well: Iraq is a country. A significant plot of land, one might even say. If we were searching every square inch of, say . . . I dunno, California, there's no guarantee we'd have hit upon WMD's yet, let alone covered every possible area. Not in this amount of time. If they are there, they won't be found immediately. It's impossible, barring an insane coming together of scenarios the day after hostilities cease.

Nothing happens over night. Whether it's presidential policy or the search for weapons. As far as we've gotten with him, I believe he's working for us.

#1- He has provided the most divisive Presidency in a long time. After campaigning as a 'Uniter'

#2- the economy (don't give me that new math where Clinton is to blame, and Bush has fixed it all in just 2 years)

#3- Iraq. While it's nice that Iraqis are free. We didn't go there with that as the big reason. We went there because they were an immiment threat. We went there because they had weapons of mass destruction. Because they had all sorts of bad stuff. Anthrax, The Plague, Balsa Wood Planes. And, somehow, none of that has turned up in the 7 months we've been there. There's a shot something could turn up. But, the fact is that when it came to the threat from Iraq, it was greatly exaggerated. Don't get too excited if Saddam says something, unless it turns out he's actually telling the truth instead of being his usual lying self.

#4- The Patriot Act and other measures have hurt the US. The very fact that we have such a god damn stupid warning for people with ALMANACS is just sad. Watch out, they might find out info about towns in an almanac. Since, there's NOWHERE ELSE THEY COULD FIND THAT. Not to mention the FBI has the powers to check library lists, books that you buy and all sorts of unnecessary invasions of privacy. There's not a plausible reason why a book list would help determine if somebody is planning a terroristic action. It's not like you can go to the Public Library and check out "How to make pipebombs". Not to mention all the other great proposals in Patriot II (which, if I recall correctly, Bush signed on the 14th. Which was just about the same time that Saddam was getting his annual beard-lice inspection on CNN.)

While he's a nice guy and a baseball fan, that doesn't mean he's a good President. Jimmy Carter was a nice guy too, doesn't mean those on the other side felt he was a good president.

Really, do you think the President has done the most to protect, preserve and defend the Constitution? At the very least, has he upheld his oath of office?

1. Bullshit. He's always willing to work with Democrats, on issues. Ted Kennedy played a major role in reforming education. It's only decisive because you don't like President Bush. If anything supporters should be upset. The President tries to be buddy buddy with the Democrats, and they want no part of him.

2.The economy is improving by the day, no one said it was fixed.

3.The President never said Iraq was an imminent threat. He said we must take action before they can become an imminent threat. Not to mention the numerous resolutions Hussein violated.

4.No they haven't. We have yet to be attacked on U.S. soil since 9-11. Before anyone starts bitching about the Patriot Act, remember the gov't was allowed to do alot of things long before the Patriot Act was passed. As for the almanac, without knowing why the gov't issued the release, of terrrorists POTENTIALLY using an Almanac, don't say it's ridiculous. You have no idea where the information might of come from.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...9/20020914.html

Today this regime likely maintains stockpiles of chemical and biological agents, and is improving and expanding facilities capable of producing chemical and biological weapons. Today Saddam Hussein has the scientists and infrastructure for a nuclear weapons program, and has illicitly sought to purchase the equipment needed to enrich uranium for a nuclear weapon. Should his regime acquire fissile material, it would be able to build a nuclear weapon within a year.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20021103-3.html

Saddam Hussein is a man who told the world he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, but he's got them. He's a man who a while ago who was close to having a nuclear weapon. Imagine if this madman had a nuclear weapon. It's a man who not only has chemical weapons, but he's used chemical weapons against some of his neighbors. He used chemical weapons, incredibly enough, against his own people. He can't stand America. He can't stand some of our closest friends.

And, not only that, he is -- would like nothing better than to hook-up with one of these shadowy terrorist networks like al Qaeda, provide some weapons and training to them, let them come and do his dirty work, and we wouldn't be able to see his fingerprints on his action.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/exc...rpts_nov13.html

QUESTION: Is the United States prepared to provide evidence to counter Iraq's assertion that it has weapons of mass destruction?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, again, they have a 30-day deadline to list and disclose all that information. I haven't seen the contents of the letter, so I don't want to jump into what I haven't seen at this point. But it's been made clear, if there is false information or omissions, then that would be considered a violation.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030122-9.html

The dictator of Iraq has got weapons of mass destruction. He has used weapons of mass destruction. He can't stand America and what we stand for. He can't stand our friends and allies.

He's a dangerous, dangerous man with dangerous, dangerous weapons.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030209-1.html

You see, our country recognizes, and a lot of other countries now recognize as well, the role of the inspector is to show up and verify whether Saddam Hussein is disarming. That's the role of the inspector. The inspectors -- there's 104 of them -- the role of the inspector is not to go into a state the size of -- a country the size of California and try to find out where this guy has hid things over a 12 year period of time.

And the inspectors have gone to Iraq, and it is clear that not only is Saddam Hussein deceiving, it is clear he's not disarming.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...0030226-11.html

In Iraq, a dictator is building and hiding weapons that could enable him to dominate the Middle East and intimidate the civilized world -- and we will not allow it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...3/20030315.html

We know from prior weapons inspections that Saddam has failed to account for vast quantities of biological and chemical agents, including mustard agent, botulinum toxin and sarin, capable of killing millions of people.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030316-3.html

The dictator of Iraq and his weapons of mass destruction are a threat to the security of free nations. He is a danger to his neighbors. He's a sponsor of terrorism. He's an obstacle to progress in the Middle East. For decades he has been the cruel, cruel oppressor of the Iraq people.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030317-7.html

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

(..)

The danger is clear: using chemical, biological or, one day, nuclear weapons, obtained with the help of Iraq, the terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country, or any other.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030417-8.html

The weapons of mass destruction are not in the control of Saddam Hussein's regime.

(..)

QUESTION: Does the President agree with Andy Card that Saddam is probably dead?

MS. BUCHAN: As Secretary Card said, we don't know. And he addressed it as well, this morning. What we do know is that Saddam Hussein is not a threat to the people of Iraq or to the people of the United States or the world.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20031214-3.html

And this afternoon, I have a message for the Iraqi people: You will not have to fear the rule of Saddam Hussein ever again.

The one quote I find interesting is the one that asserts inspectors, in a short period of time, can search and declare if Saddam has WMDs. Then again, finding deception and finding weapons are two different things.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030205-1.html (Powell addresses the UN. Wasn't this the statement with the multiple satelite photos of where the WMDs were)

I won't get into the whole 'Must prove you have destroyed this', 'proving a negative' sort of stuff. First off, I presume proving destruction involves a camera showing you getting rid of the 25,000 liters of Anthrax.

One more thing I'm not quite in agreement with Bush on. I'm not quite as enthusiastic about this 'Palestinean state' talk. Face it, the Palestineans have continually blown all their chances for peace. A Palestinean state is impractical and it would be a danger to Israel.

(Yes, I swerve to the right on the Israel thing. Let the Israelis do what they must to take care of the Hamas and the other terrorists.)

1. Bullshit. He's always willing to work with Democrats, on issues. Ted Kennedy played a major role in reforming education. It's only decisive because you don't like President Bush. If anything supporters should be upset. The President tries to be buddy buddy with the Democrats, and they want no part of him.

I don't mean 'divisive' as in 'Not working with Democrats'. I mean divisive in the sense the sense that what Bush has done has helped polarize the left and right. Yeah, he worked with Ted Kennedy. Good for him. I might be getting my education bills mixed up, but didn't he work with Kennedy on the No Child Left Behind? The one that gives the military the chance to call and send recruiting stuff to High School students and also has threatened accreditation for not reaching a certain level on tests (no matter how much the school may have improved. As for Bush being buddies with the Democrats. I really doubt that.

2.The economy is improving by the day, no one said it was fixed.

Right now.. it seems to be improving. We'll see if that keeps up. And we'll see if jobs are included in this improvement.

3.The President never said Iraq was an imminent threat. He said we must take action before they can become an imminent threat. Not to mention the numerous resolutions Hussein violated.

Yeah.. not with the exact word 'imminent'.

Would you say that compared with what was said about Saddam and his arsenal, that there was an exaggeration.

4.No they haven't. We have yet to be attacked on U.S. soil since 9-11.

and certainly the various wiretapping and library book searching will go a long ways to stopping attacks. Scenario: what happens if there is an attack. Do we pass another Patriot Act? Just wondering.

Before anyone starts bitching about the Patriot Act, remember the gov't was allowed to do alot of things long before the Patriot Act was passed.

so.. if the government was allowed to do this.. why did we need to pass the Patriot Act?

As for the almanac, without knowing why the gov't issued the release, of terrrorists POTENTIALLY using an Almanac, don't say it's ridiculous. You have no idea where the information might of come from.

You never know if the next terrorist will have a 2004 Almanac with him. Then who'll look stupid. The very idea of the Almanac warning is just basically 'Warning: Terrorists may be using information'. Well, no shit? Any idea when we'll get an advisory to be suspicious of people using Yahoo and Hotmail, since terrorists were known to use their services? Any idea of when we can hear a warning about Internet users. Since, there's probably some seasonal information on some webpage. I will compliment Dan Rather for presenting that news yesterday with a straight face.

Anyways..

1. Bullshit. He's always willing to work with Democrats, on issues. Ted Kennedy played a major role in reforming education.

But weeks after he did that, he cut Education funding.

Before anyone starts bitching about the Patriot Act, remember the gov't was allowed to do alot of things long before the Patriot Act was passed.

It's how they go about it that's changed. And no, the Act's powers have been excercised in cases that have nothing to do with terrorism, don't buy the "we'll just use this against terrorists" line. A few months ago, Patriot Act powers were exercised in a case against a Las Vegas strip club owner.

The one that gives the military the chance to call and send recruiting stuff to High School students and also has threatened accreditation for not reaching a certain level on tests (no matter how much the school may have improved. As for Bush being buddies with the Democrats. I really doubt that.

[

Yeah.. not with the exact word 'imminent'.

Would you say that compared with what was said about Saddam and his arsenal, that there was an exaggeration.

4.No they haven't. We have yet to be attacked on U.S. soil since 9-11.

and certainly the various wiretapping and library book searching will go a long ways to stopping attacks. Scenario: what happens if there is an attack. Do we pass another Patriot Act? Just wondering.

so.. if the government was allowed to do this.. why did we need to pass the Patriot Act?

You never know if the next terrorist will have a 2004 Almanac with him. Then who'll look stupid. The very idea of the Almanac warning is just basically 'Warning: Terrorists may be using information'. Well, no shit? Any idea when we'll get an advisory to be suspicious of people using Yahoo and Hotmail, since terrorists were known to use their services? Any idea of when we can hear a warning about Internet users. Since, there's probably some seasonal information on some webpage. I will compliment Dan Rather for presenting that news yesterday with a straight face.

Anyways..

High schools should have high expectations in reguards to testing. For too long public education has been underachieving. I never said he was Buddies, I said alot of times he tries to work with them on issues.

Honestly. Without being privy to all the information. I don't know. My personal opinion is yes Hussein had WMD's. He either got rid off them, hid them, or removed them from Iraq.

How do you know wiretaps, and library searches haven't prevented a terrorist attacks? I don't know that they have, but remember alot of the War on Terror we know nothing about.

Depends on the kind of attack. Something fairly large. The Patriot Act II might be passed.

Don't really know. Cool sounding name?

Better to get all possibilities, out in the open. Instead of finding memos from agents telling the higher ups, that either Almanacs with notes, and markings around landmarks were or could be used by terrorists.

1. Bullshit. He's always willing to work with Democrats, on issues. Ted Kennedy played a major role in reforming education.

But weeks after he did that, he cut Education funding.

It's how they go about it that's changed. And no, the Act's powers have been excercised in cases that have nothing to do with terrorism, don't buy the "we'll just use this against terrorists" line. A few months ago, Patriot Act powers were exercised in a case against a Las Vegas strip club owner.

1. Good. I was merely pointing out that the President can work with people across the aisle.

2. So this strip club owner, wouldn't of been arrested before the Patirot Act was passed?As for being worried, or thinking this will go beyond terrorism, and other illegal activity. I'm not. For one the gov't doesn't give two shits about us. They aren't going to waste their time seeing what we've got stored on our hard drive. Even if they did, you don't think they've been doing it for years already? The Patriot Act at least let's us know, the slim possibility does exist. That makes it alot easier to monitor.

Honestly. Without being privy to all the information. I don't know. My personal opinion is yes Hussein had WMD's. He either got rid off them, hid them, or removed them from Iraq.

Isn't that what he was told to do with them? So if he did get rid of them, he was complying with the orders to do so, right?

Guest MikeSC

What has Bush done that is so divisive? He doesn't insult Democrats, nor does he say that they wish to starve people or destroy the environment.

Clinton did NOTHING for the economy.

His 1993 budget did NOTHING for interest rates --- long-term rates had been dropping since March 1992 and short-term rates went UP until the GOP took over the House.

He did nothing to balance the budget. The S & L bailout finally ended under his watch, adding a lot of revenue. Economic growth (underway since early 1992) was healthy before Clinton took office.

The MASSIVE dotcom bubble did most of the work in eliminating the deficit.

Heck, give Clinton his stimulus package in 1993 and his health care plan in 1994 and the economy is in shambles.

#3- Iraq. While it's nice that Iraqis are free. We didn't go there with that as the big reason. We went there because they were an immiment threat.

You know, just because you keep on saying it doesn't make it true.

We went there because they had weapons of mass destruction. Because they had all sorts of bad stuff. Anthrax, The Plague, Balsa Wood Planes. And, somehow, none of that has turned up in the 7 months we've been there.

On 6/10/98, the U.S Army lab confirmed pieces of an Iraqi scud warhead contained VX gas.

There's a shot something could turn up. But, the fact is that when it came to the threat from Iraq, it was greatly exaggerated. Don't get too excited if Saddam says something, unless it turns out he's actually telling the truth instead of being his usual lying self.

Bush was left a foreign policy nightmare dictated by Clinton's inept foreign policy team.

#4- The Patriot Act and other measures have hurt the US. The very fact that we have such a god damn stupid warning for people with ALMANACS is just sad. Watch out, they might find out info about towns in an almanac. Since, there's NOWHERE ELSE THEY COULD FIND THAT. Not to mention the FBI has the powers to check library lists, books that you buy and all sorts of unnecessary invasions of privacy.

The FBI could do that before the Patriot Act.

There's not a plausible reason why a book list would help determine if somebody is planning a terroristic action.

It actually IS a logical reason.

It's not like you can go to the Public Library and check out "How to make pipebombs". Not to mention all the other great proposals in Patriot II (which, if I recall correctly, Bush signed on the 14th. Which was just about the same time that Saddam was getting his annual beard-lice inspection on CNN.)

He's done more than Clinton did. I will give him that.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Why don't you like him?

I don't have a feeling either way regarding him.  I like some of his policies and dislike others.  Overall I am satisfied in his job so far.

Bush doesn't want low-income people to benefit from Medicare, but rather rely on the state's Medicaid which varies from state to state. I really don't know all the facts about this one, so I can't have a strong argument. However, some low-income people might live in a state that doesn't have good Medicaid, so the Medicare might help them out.

Medicare isn't for the poor. It's for the elderly --- and it needs to be slashed DESPERATELY as we can't afford it. Medicaid is for the poor.

I didn't support the war over in Iraq. Yes, we got Saddam, but any WMD? The $82 billion ( I think it is 82) we are using for the war, could be used to help out country out in many other ways.

We did the right thing. We MADE the U.N live up to its word.

Bush used EPA funds to help his campaign. Our environment is in plenty of need of help, and he uses the money to help his campaign. Not only did he use EPA money, but also the tax payers money to help him. This one is a bit stretching it, but Bush spent taxpayers money to send a letter telling people about their rebate check.

Oh sweet God, you can't be serious about this bitching, can you?

When people see this letter, they will see that Bush is doing something for their benefit, so they might vote for him. Yes, that is a stretch and it is pretty smart, but still something he did sort of wrong.

Because Clinton NEVER used mass-mailings in his term, huh?

I don't believe in the death penalty, and his old state put TONS of people to death under his watch. Plus, he wants to expand the death penalty around the country.

If you do even a tiny bit of research, you learn that the Texas Governor has NO power over executions whatsoever. And the federal gov't has no control over state policies in regards to the death penalty.

I am not a very religious person, but I respect their beliefs. Isn't there a separation between church and state? Bush doesn't think so because he gave some money to religious groups to help them.

He gave them money to handle charities as, well, the gov't is REALLY bad at those things.

I remember reading somewhere that Bush tried to cover up global warming. I don't know the facts, but he did do something to cover it up.

Credibility, fare thee well.

Until there is actual evidence to back up the theory, how can you cover it up?

Bush had his "Marriage Protection Week" to protect gays from marrying. I don't really know all the facts about this, but I remember reading that Bush isn't for gay marriages, which I am.

So, you are against Bush without much actual info behind it? And you broadcast that fact?

This one really pushes my buttons. Bush sent soldiers out to war to fight for the country. But how did he reward them? By giving them a pay-cut. The Pentagon, under Bush's say, cut family separation pay when soldiers are away from their homes and imminent danger pay when soldiers are dyeing everyday in the war.

News flash: The PRESIDENT HAS NO POWER TO DEAL WITH THE MONEY. He's called for a raise from the get-go.

A big energy problem in our country is the pollution that car's omit everyday. The EPA, Bush's environmental agency, can't regulate auto emissions because carbon dioxide doesn't pollute the air. Huh? I could have sworn it is bad.

And you can prove it how?

Clinton made a rule that parents who just had a child, could stay at home with their children right after birth and get paid.

Umm, no, he didn't. The Family and Medical Leave Act gave them UNPAID time off.

In my opinion, a child is raised best when a parent is at home. The parents can't work and stay at home with their children, so the gov't would give them a little money to help them. Bush got rid of this rule, before any states could put it into effect because big businesses opposed it.

Do you know how uneducated you sound?

Using Bush's religious beliefs, Bush took all information off the websites of the department of Health about condom use to prevent AIDS and programs to help teens be sexually safe.

He actually did so? News to me. Can somebody with a clue verify this?

Bush believes that abstinence is the best way to safe sex and teens not getting preagnet. In my opinion, teens will have sex no matter what and some parents aren't good at telling their teens about safe sex. These teens MIGHT turn to websites to inform them, but the gov't websites won't help.

Because, God knows, when Tommy is ready to nail Tammy, he's going to first go to the HHC website to figure out if condoms will work.

This one REALLY makes me mad: Bush is against fingerprinting of people owning guns. I believe that there is no need for people to own guns, but that would never happen. If a person does own a gun, then they should be fingerprinted before purchasing the gun that way if a murder does happen, and their fingerprints found, MAYBE that will be connected to the gun. Plus, Bush is for guns in households, when I am against that.

Damn him, you know, following the Second Amendment and all.

My dad is a veteran from Vietnam. He has Post-Tramadic-Stress Syndrome from it, and it caused him lots of problems over the years. Don't Vets have the right to health benefits and money they should get? Well, Bush sent a letter to VA admins telling them not to market healthcare to Vets and their families. Sooo, Bush sent out soldiers to Iraq, but he won't help past victims? Now that is fucked up.

You know, I will say it right now --- I firmly believe you are full of crap. Prove something.

I could go on, on and on, but I just don't like the guy. Granted no President is perfect, but Bush has done a lot of things I wish he didn't do.

Bush isn't my favorite --- but he's a MASSIVE improvement over Clinton.

-=Mike

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Somebody, ANYBODY, tell me why people always sound so IDIOTIC whent trying to criticize Bush? At least use some of the DAMNED FACTS. Rob, thanks for the minimum proof showing that the reasoning behind the Iraq Conflict (it's not a declared war, now is it?) was for weapons of mass destruction and not the liberation of the Iraqi people

Why I don't like Bush?

1. My tax rates have gone up, both on the federal and state level. Who's my governor? Why, Mitt Romney, Republican extrordinaire. Tax cut my ass.

2. Anyone else notice that inflation is up? The euro now rates $1.269 versus the under $1 it started out at.

3. Cutting funding to education while holding them to higher standards of classroom technology as well as performance? How can people be expected to pass a test when they don't have the capability to afford the equipment needed to teach? Sounds real bright.

4. The ignorance towards environmental issues. Cutting funding for national landmarks and parks.

Bush Disses Global Warming President Bush dismissed on Tuesday a report put out by his administration warning that human activities are behind climate change that is having significant effects on the environment.

The report released by the Environmental Protection Agency was a surprising endorsement of what many scientists and weather experts have long argued — that human activities such as oil refining, power plants and automobile emissions are important causes of global warming.

But it suggests nothing beyond voluntary action by industry for dealing with the so-called "greenhouse" gases, the program Bush advocated in rejecting a treaty negotiated in Kyoto, Japan, in 1997 calling for mandatory reduction of those gases by industrial nations.

"I read the report put out by the bureaucracy," Mr. Bush said dismissively when asked about the EPA report, adding that he still opposes the Kyoto treaty.

The report was the first by the Bush administration to mostly blame human activity for global warming.

"The changes observed over the last several decades are likely mostly due to human activities, but we cannot rule out that some significant part of these changes is also a reflection of natural variability," the report says.

The report also says that despite some lingering scientific uncertainties, "There is general agreement that the observed warming is real and has been particularly strong within the past 20 years."

Kalee Kreider, global warming campaign director for the National Environmental Trust, an advocacy group, said environmentalists want from the administration a climate change plan that joins with other nations in requiring carbon dioxide emission reductions and increased fuel efficiency requirements for vehicles.

"It's good they've done a 180-degree turn on the science. Given the audience, they pretty much had to," Kreider said. "But we're still waiting for a plan that mandates pollution cuts."

The White House had previously said there was not enough scientific evidence to blame industrial emissions for global warming.

"(The report) undercuts everything the president has said about global warming since he took office," said Philip Clapp, president of the National Environmental Trust.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/06/03/...ain510920.shtml

Anyways. I'd put some more out, but now it's time to work the airwaves, and shill music.

I disagree with Bush re: environmental policy for starters.

I agree with some stuff and disagree with a few others. But the big one is the environment.

I just can't vote for someone who keeps their head in the sand when it comes to the environment.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Why should he go out of his way and throw money at Global Warming. It's a highly disagreed upon subject in the scientific community and it's never been proven to be a real threat.

2. Anyone else notice that inflation is up? The euro now rates $1.269 versus the under $1 it started out at.

Not to dispute your other points, but this one is incorrect, or at least misleading. Inflation isn't measured by exchange rates, it's measured by changes in prices. The inflation rate is up slightly, but it's still under 3%, same as it's been for the last decade.

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/cpi/cpiai.txt

I have other bones to pick (not with you), but I'll do it later.

Actually it's not highly disagreed upon, it's slightly disagreed upon by a minority.

And if he doesn't know for sure that it's real, could he possibly acknowledge that it's probably real? That many many many scientists have agreed with this for decades? Maybe he could actively work to prevent it, instead of so blatently sticking with century old practices.

Actually it's not highly disagreed upon, it's slightly disagreed upon by a minority.

And if he doesn't know for sure that it's real, could he possibly acknowledge that it's probably real? That many many many scientists have agreed with this for decades? Maybe he could actively work to prevent it, instead of so blatently sticking with century old practices.

Funny how he strongly follows religion and believes in God, but he uses something else scientists debate about as an excuse to ignore it.

Guest SP-1

And if he doesn't know for sure that it's real, could he possibly acknowledge that it's probably real?  That many many many scientists have agreed with this for decades?  Maybe he could actively work to prevent it, instead of so blatently sticking with century old practices.

Funny how he strongly follows religion and believes in God, but he uses something else scientists debate about as an excuse to ignore it.

A little research will show you that the historicity for the Bible is being strongly argued by credible people out there. In purely scientific terms, it's not an open and shut case. Eric is talking about something that is nearly universally agreed on (which Bush hasn't said or done a whole lot about). I agree with Eric here, but trying to nail Bush on a scientific hypocrisy where none exists I can't agree with. The things Bush believes in are being strongly debated and have been for a very long time, by excellent people on all sides.

I want to know why people like Bush, just like I would like to know why some people liked Matrix, for example.

This explains everything so much better than I ever could.

Medicare isn't for the poor. It's for the elderly --- and it needs to be slashed DESPERATELY as we can't afford it. Medicaid is for the poor.

You're right, medicare isn't for the poor, my bad. However, elderly people do need medicare beause RX prices are so high. It doesn't need to be cut, but raised if anything.

We did the right thing. We MADE the U.N live up to its word.

This is all a matter of opinion right here. I don't think he should send people to war, war is wrong in my opinion. Simple as that.

Oh sweet God, you can't be serious about this bitching, can you?

Yeah, I am serious about this. The EPA is for the enviornment, not Bush's campaign.

If you do even a tiny bit of research, you learn that the Texas Governor has NO power over executions whatsoever. And the federal gov't has no control over state policies in regards to the death penalty.

The Govenor does have the last call if a person should be put to death or not.

And Bush is for the death penalty, and I am not. One of the reasons I don't like him, simple as that.

So, you are against Bush without much actual info behind it? And you broadcast that fact?

Umm, you lost the point here again. Mr Rant asked me why I don't like Bush. He is against gay marriages and I am for it, simple as that.

News flash: The PRESIDENT HAS NO POWER TO DEAL WITH THE MONEY. He's called for a raise from the get-go.

I might be wrong, but isn't the President Commander and Chief? Wouldn't he have the say about pay for the soliders? Doesn't he have to sign bills about cutting things? I think so.

And you can prove it how?

Prove what? The fact that CD is bad for the envionment?

Do you know how uneducated you sound?

I might have wrote a bad sentance, but does that justify what Bush did?

He actually did so? News to me. Can somebody with a clue verify this?

Troops in Iraq face pay cuts

Because, God knows, when Tommy is ready to nail Tammy, he's going to first go to the HHC website to figure out if condoms will work.

No, they might not, but they might have the option to do so. But can they if it isn't there? Nope. It is the point that they CAN go look at it, but now they can't. Simple as that.

Damn him, you know, following the Second Amendment and all.

You are loosing the point again. Bush is for guns in the household, while I am against it. I don't think people should have guns in the household, simple as that.

You know, I will say it right now --- I firmly believe you are full of crap. Prove something.

I wish I could make stuff up like this.

If you want to read all of the stuff Bush has done Click Here. They back every statement with an article.

I want to know why people like Bush, just like I would like to know why some people liked Matrix, for example.

This explains everything so much better than I ever could.

Why thanks.

I don't think he should send people to war, war is wrong in my opinion. Simple as that.

Bush is for the death penalty, and I am not. One of the reasons I don't like him, simple as that.

He is against gay marriages and I am for it, simple as that.

It is the point that they CAN go look at it, but now they can't. Simple as that.

I don't think people should have guns in the household, simple as that.

I love this.

"Simple as that! You're gonna hear this giant sucking sound, see? Simple as that! It's just that simple!"

Looks like our brave little molestomp is going to grow up to be Ross Perot without the money. Or the charisma, the intelligence, the good looks, and fashion sense...

Edited by Cancer Marney