TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NCAA 2004 Dynasty Thread

Guest Salacious Crumb

So I'm curious. I have a very undersized line. What's the best way to stop fullbacks and decent sized HBs from running all over me?

So I'm curious. I have a very undersized line. What's the best way to stop fullbacks and decent sized HBs from running all over me?

Get penetration and try to plug up any potential holes prior to the snap(Move your lineman over a hole, shift, etc.)

Guest Jimbo
Ok so I embarassed North Texas(unranked) 64-0. I embarassed USC 65-7(ranked 14). And I had a good game with Florida(ranked 10) that finally ended in about 65-21.

And I am STILL ranked behind Ohio State. And I'm not even the top team in the Big XII!!! I'm behind K-State. I'm confused....I've beaten pretty much nothing but good teams and they've played a lot of unranked teams.

Oh well...my next game is against #21 Arizona State Sun Devils.

Give it time, buddy, as long as your undefeated, your stock will continue to rise!

In my dynasty, Oklahoma was always behind OSU (both were undefeated) untill the end of the season where they kept trading positions in the polls and BCS rankings.

And it doesn't really matter where you are now, just matters that you're #1 at the end ;)

Also, anyone ever use/care about the penants you can collect in through pennant challenge? I never used any points untill yesterday, when I finished my first season, and I got 92 penants then from thousands of points. Most of 'em are silly school ones, which suck, but the all-american taems, all-Florida ST./Oklahoma/Michigan/etc. teams and stadiums are pretty sweet.

For those penants (like the school bonus ones), if you use them, do they work for only one game, or can you use them anytime you want, for as many games as you want?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Week 4: Beat Northwestern 22-15. The offense and defense both looked pretty good. Rothlisberger struggled a bit as he threw 2 INTs but still managed to throw for 276 yds. and 2 TDs. My top receiver added another 160 yds. and a TD. Put some good pressure on the QB picking up 6 sacks, one for a safety, and finally knocked him out of the game in the 4th.

Edit:

Week 5: Beat Colorado State 21-16. The offense struggled but the defense came up huge with 2 fumble recoveries, 5 sacks and an INT. My top WR added another 160 yds. and 2 TDs as I'm hopefully looking at a potential Heisman Candidate.

This game was also called NCAA Greatest Games at the end.

Edited by Mad Dog

Ok are the announcers pissing anyone else off? They just say some dumb things.

And Lee Corso....pick some better plays!

And then when I allow my QB to just throw on his own...he throws some fucking shitty ass passes and makes poor decisions. And it's Jason White! I know he's better than that in real life.

Oh well if this was made in the pre-season then he would probably suck since he was a big ? coming into the season.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And then when I allow my QB to just throw on his own...he throws some fucking shitty ass passes and makes poor decisions. And it's Jason White! I know he's better than that in real life.

Oh well if this was made in the pre-season then he would probably suck since he was a big ? coming into the season.

It's a hard game to pass in. I usually do a playaction and hope my fastest receiver can burn the secondary. Cut backs are a good option as well and I imagine your line can hold long enough for the receivers to run the route.

But I'm playing as Miami (OH) so I don't really have the greatest of players.

I dunno. This game is really fun but I guess for me at least it has a steep learning curve.

I mean it's kind of hard to look at everything and pull off some of the moves in time on this game.

I mean to know when to Juke and Spin and to be able to execute it at the right time. And then to lead the passer with the ball.....I haven't even been able to do that yet.

The best way to lead a receiver is the lob pass, especially on a man matchup. The way that I pass is to utilize the TE as much as possible on inside slants or going over the middle with both my TE's and WR's. I rarely go long because the defense always has a safety or two waiting there when I launch the ball. I also love doing screens as if done correctly, you get great blocking and an easy chance to score(This is pretty much perfected by the Pats in the NFL, one of the reasons I like to use it)

Guest Salacious Crumb
The best way to lead a receiver is the lob pass, especially on a man matchup. The way that I pass is to utilize the TE as much as possible on inside slants or going over the middle with both my TE's and WR's. I rarely go long because the defense always has a safety or two waiting there when I launch the ball. I also love doing screens as if done correctly, you get great blocking and an easy chance to score(This is pretty much perfected by the Pats in the NFL, one of the reasons I like to use it)

I haven't had luck with going up the middle or screen passing to a great degree.

Cut backs, out routes, an occasional slant and going long has been my friend so far.

It's a hard game to pass in. I usually do a playaction and hope my fastest receiver can burn the secondary. Cut backs are a good option as well and I imagine your line can hold long enough for the receivers to run the route.

But I'm playing as Miami (OH) so I don't really have the greatest of players.

There is a play action play fron the Ace Bunch formation in the Run and Gun playbook that is almost a guaranteed 30 yards due to the fact that the DB's always line up on the inside of the WR's route. Just put your fastest or best receiver there and it's almost always money unless you over throw or they happen to load up that side.

In my Michigan dynasty, I had this QB who should be a GOD! 99 power, 96 accuracy. Made Michigan an 80/20 pass first team. Junior season the guy throws for 5,500 something yards and 43 TD's. The next year, throws for 4,999 yards and 55 TD's to break Dave Klingler's record. This guy was just an absolute stud for me(I transferred as coach to Michigan in his junior year from Ohio State after winning two straight Rose Bowls)

Plus I don't think I know enough about football, being a relatively new fan, to understand what all the plays mean and all the terms surrounding it. I just look at it and go "Wow...if he can get out there uncovered then I can give it to him....."

Guest Salacious Crumb
Plus I don't think I know enough about football, being a relatively new fan, to understand what all the plays mean and all the terms surrounding it. I just look at it and go "Wow...if he can get out there uncovered then I can give it to him....."

Faking a hand off to the running back is a good option if you're running all over the team. If they buy it enough the defense will start to come in and give your receivers a good lead.

Don't run the Option then.

Don't run the Option then.

I'm not talking about just the option.......

I'm not sure how I should be looking at the roster and where I should be going to figure out who I'm losing next year.

Oh and editing the playbook is kind of confusing.

Can I get some help? Like one of you give me a rundown or link me to an FAQ?

Guest Salacious Crumb
I'm not sure how I should be looking at the roster and where I should be going to figure out who I'm losing next year.

It's hard to explain. The more you know about football the easier it is.

Guest Jimbo

Yeah, I think EA purposely pumped up the traditional running and option game for NCAA 2004, while in Madden 2004 they installed extra stuff, like the Playmaker mode, to better passing opportunities for their are some major differences in the gameplay of each game.

Check out www.gameFAQs.com. Yeah, their boards suck major ass but the FAQ's are good.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Week 6: 24-14 win over Cincy. Running back put up 140 yds. and 3 TDs as I'm actually surprised with my team. I was expecting an offensive team but now have a defensive team. My defense is no.8 overall in the NCAA.

Week 7: 17-14 win over Akron. Didn't really pass much this game and settled for a few long drives just pounding it out on the ground. Defense continues to be great for the most part as the offense is doing just enough to eat up the clock and win.

So I'm 4-1 and hoping to win out on the season. I'm very surprised with how my team's turning out so far. my team's also should be nicknamed the QB killers since I've knocked two out for long periods of time so far.

Edit: Week 8: 35-14 win over Buffalo. Good game all around as my offense put up good numbers and my defense caused 3 turnovers. Injuried another QB bringing the season total to 3. Defense is 5th overall in the NCAA.

5-1.

Edited by Mad Dog

Hmm....it looks like the better playbook you choose the better prestige you get. I want to build a team from the bottom and give them prestige......but that means i have to pick a crappy playbook..........

-_-

Choice of playbook doesn't affect your prestige. I've often used 3 or 4 different playbooks within the same season.

Well when I was creating a team it made me choose my play style, yeah that was it style, and the worse I picked the lower prestige I got.

So I have to have a bad style to start with a prestige I can build up?