TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Best Album...

Megadeth Best Album...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Megadeth Best Album...

• Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good (1985)
    • Peace Sells...But Who's Buying (1986)
    • So Far, So Good, So What? (1988)
    • Rust In Peace (1990)
    • Countdown To Extinction (1992)
    • Youthanasia (1994)
    • Hidden Treasures (1995)
    • Cryptic Writings (1997)
    • Risk (1999)
    • The World Needs A Hero (2001)

Guest Doyo

I guess I will go with "Rust In Peace"

Are they really that underrated? Maybe with newer fans, but Metallica is the only similar band

that did better than Megadeth.

Rust in Peace.

I got the Rude Awakening DVD for Xmas and it's fantastic. Ok, so the whole show is just a reason for Dave and Ali to guitar wank the night away, but that's what I brought it to see.

I don't know if I would call them underrated, but deffinatly good to listen to. But like the rest of the big 4 has a few to many problems that mean they're not all THAT great.

But eh, I'm nit picking, I can listen to them any day and would have loved to have seen them live.

Edited by Dace59

Are they really that underrated? Maybe with newer fans, but Metallica is the only similar band

verrrry underrated. megadeth was possibly better than 'tallica, but miles away in terms of support/sales.

also, mustaine clearly dislikes online filesharing...but to the best of my memory, i dont remember him suing his own fanbase.

i think the only metal bands more underrated are Motorhead(same story), Relative Ash(didnt get a fraction of what their efforts/skillz deserved), and Tool(imo one of the best bands ever).

I'd say Megadeth where on the technical side the better band. Vocals are split on being pretty bah. But I'm not the sort of person that can be put off by slightly iffy vocals.

Megadeth has been under-rated, except for the Countodwn album.

To newer Metal fans, they think Metallica was the greatest metal band of all time.

To Elitists, they think Slayer was the most technical thrash metal band that ever existed, or help started the thrash metal scene.

Megadeth will always get over-looked in anything, unless a fan mentions them.

i think the only metal bands more underrated are Motorhead(same story), Relative Ash(didnt get a fraction of what their efforts/skillz deserved), and Tool(imo one of the best bands ever).

Who are you kidding?

Tool's dick gets sucked by everyone six ways to Sunday.

Which is why, NM, I hated Tool for so long. Then I actually sat down and LISTENED to it. Still one of THE most overrated bands of the past decade, but very, VERY good.

And baron, Slayer helped THRASH more than Megadeth did. While Megadeth was a middleground between the two prevailing styles of thrash (Metallica's more classical sounding version, and Slayer's pure balls-out sloppy version), Slayer did more for the pure speed and heavy aspect of thrash metal than Megadeth did.

Rust In Peace, if only for the first three tracks. The rest are very good, with "Rust In Peace...Polaris" being a tremendous closer, but the first three are CLASSICS.

"Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" is overrated, in my eyes. I think "Foreclosure Of A Dream" is actually a better track overall, and that seems to never get any love.

Now that I've given it some more thought, I'd put "Angry Again" and "Architecture of Agression" over "Holy Wars." It's still a great fucking song though.

And you're right, Laz. "Foreclosure of a Dream" never gets the love it rightfully deserves. Menza's drumming is perfect on that track. He's one of the better technicians that the Metal genre has ever had.